Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm more then happy with 123systems, there servers are fast, and haven't had any downtime since I signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinlock View Post
    I'm more then happy with 123systems, there servers are fast, and haven't had any downtime since I signed up.
    Thanks for your constant support Grinlock, I am glad you are happy
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

I've a EZPZ client for one year, they are one of the best !

Dreamhost, hostgator, Godaddy are the best but the price is x5 the small hosting companies.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingpost View Post
    Dreamhost, hostgator, Godaddy are the best but the price is x5 the small hosting companies.
    How do you figure that? Don't know about the other two, but Godaddy will do the tech support for you -- if you don't want to do it -- and the billing. COST is more than just the monthly fee you pay. Moreover, the monthly fee is not that much different than other reseller plans -- especially if its discounted by another reseller.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleb View Post
    I've a EZPZ client for one year, they are one of the best !
    +1 from me too...

Best is relative, you may start googling what you need. If you have found the provider then googling again with keywords something like "review yourprovider" or "reputation yourprovider".

More safe if you have a low bujet vps too for backup your client manually by Secure Copy (SCP) if using cPanel, so if there's a problem with the provider at least you have backup your client's files and not make them dissapointed

* Sorry for my bad english

Liquidweb- I've been with them for 5-7 years, a long time.
    Godaddy- never, servers are too slow. As a web developer, I know first hand from dealing with customers who host there. ( I do however use their domain services.)
    Bluehost, hostgator- I tried these but they did not offer the same level of control. Too long ago to remember the issues, but might be related to .htaccess.
    CrystalTech- if this fits your need, they were always good for me, but has changed hands a few times through acquisitions.

Liquidweb- full access to everything you need to manage clients on a server. Includes fantastico. Support- I do need them occasionally and they are always responsive. I can get a tech guy in the US on the phone; I mostly use the online support ticket now. I've had almost 0 downtime over the years. Stability is critical and they have delivered.

Christine
    <<removed>>

Quote Originally Posted by Libxb View Post
    Google it Bro
    Google will mostly just return a list of affiliate-sponsored junk sites.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I can tell you that HostGator has a no overselling policy that they will not budge on. Quite hypocritical seeing how they do it themselves.

I do know that the HostGator people back a long time ago when I had some sites with them were able to answer questions and fix problems unlike many reseller companies. You talk to many of them and the only thing they know how to say is submit a ticket.
    Cut Above Host Click Here To Visit
    24/7 Support/99.9% uptime/ Paypal accepted/ » Established in 1999«
    Cloud Servers • Reseller Hosting • Shared Hosting • 3+ Locations Available
    * Softaculous * Site Builder * End User Support

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Its interesting. Of all the responses, none of them mentioned potential income.
    What I found interesting was 3 pages of comments and recommendations, and no one asked the original poster what their actual requirements are. If they are selling .NET based solutions for example, 99% of the recommendations so far are useless. heck, even if everyone guessed right and the original poster is looking for a linux reseller hosting solution, how about if they also want to resell windows solutions, or MS Exchange or VPS servers - then none of the recommendations really apply.

Its actually narrow-minded to look just at shared hosting. Much of my income comes from email.

As far as the other part it really doesn't matter to me. I can have everything on autopilot. I will be collecting the money until I am dead and I won't even have to know who signed up today. Even if I could sell my customers and resellers there would be no reason to. If I want to get out of the business I just stop working and continue to collect the monthly profits (I receive money from my reseller's customers too)

It is what you make of it, but business-wise, it can't be compared to running a cpanel server or reseller account.
    well, the "narrow-minded" perspective could go both ways here. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing with Godaddy - obviously there is a market for it. but, being an affiliate is completely different then running your own business. if the affiliate model works for you, fantastic - but, a lot of businesses will serve markets godaddy simply cannot. we consider them a feeding system for our business - so, when their customers grow up (what I mean is as their online businesses mature), they look for providers like us. When you are an affiliate, you are at the mercy of the affiliate provider for vision, direction, etc.. and if you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, sure, you can leave your clients there and collect a depreciating return - but, essentially, you would need to start all over again with your own business and vision. Again though, not everyone has such aspirations and an affiliate model, where there is no responsibility required and commissions just flow in - is a better model.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by Grinlock View Post
    Isn't your site shut down due to server issues?

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post

well, the "narrow-minded" perspective could go both ways here. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing with Godaddy - obviously there is a market for it. but, being an affiliate is completely different then running your own business. if the affiliate model works for you, fantastic - but, a lot of businesses will serve markets godaddy simply cannot. we consider them a feeding system for our business - so, when their customers grow up (what I mean is as their online businesses mature), they look for providers like us. When you are an affiliate, you are at the mercy of the affiliate provider for vision, direction, etc.. and if you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, sure, you can leave your clients there and collect a depreciating return - but, essentially, you would need to start all over again with your own business and vision. Again though, not everyone has such aspirations and an affiliate model, where there is no responsibility required and commissions just flow in - is a better model.
    But I do other things too (MSP). This is just for a particular market segment and for particular products for another. I've already been down the web hosting road with my own servers and making full time living at it. Started as a reseller. I could do it again if I wanted to and move all my Godaddy customers onto my severs -- I just went the other direction a couple years ago so forget that haha

I don't think a reseller startup can do well these days or in future. They will need a suite of services, or thousands of customers.

I do know that I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations.

If you look at TurnkeyInternet they are focusing on selling solutions rather than just selling the hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by cutabovehost View Post
    I do know that I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations.

If you look at TurnkeyInternet they are focusing on selling solutions rather than just selling the hosting.
    I don't recall that. I'll check into it. There is nothing they can do to determine you have done so -- I guess as long as your name stay on the account. If I sold my business, of which my GD reselling is only a part, I don't know what they could do.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations. .
    Here is a link to the GD Reseller TOS:

http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/sh...id=RESELLER_SA

I couldn't find anything about what you are claiming. Please review -- maybe I missed it?

I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.
    Yes, this is completely accurate.

Furthermore, that topic revealed that Godaddy resellers are not even remotely close to being real hosts. They're just a sit-on-butt / collect commission, type of "reseller". The support is provided by Godaddy, and the whole operation runs on autopilot. But because of this, the "customers" of the reseller are technically Godaddy's customers -- NOT YOURS! So if you want to leave, tough. You'll go empty handed.

To quickly swipe some text from a "review" from another site, proclaiming why Godaddy is super-duper awesome...

They Provide the Website & Marketing Tools
    As you set all of the pricing, you can also customize the look and feel of your storefront. Yeah, they do it all. You don't have to build your own website. When you want to go live, you just go live. Plus they have a full set of marketing tools available to you: Canned press releases, newsletter templates, affiliate management, e-mail blasts, etc.

They do ALL of the Backend Work
    You don't need credit card processing, you don't need technical support... nothing. GoDaddy does EVERYTHING as part of the service. The phone number on your site rings to them (unless you want to handle it yourself), and the support e-mails go to them, but you still get your commission.
    So a Godaddy reseller "host" is no better than the owners of those spammy fake "top 10" blogs that only show hosts with really high payouts.

Godaddy "reseller hosting" is just an affiliate program.

So I prefer to call it what it is: a lie.

maybe I missed it?
    Based on your comments in various recent posts, you've missed a lot of things.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

It was this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1072216
    I've learned so much from my mistakes - I'm going to make some more!

Quote Originally Posted by iDeq View Post
    Thanks, I remember reading that thread a while back just couldn't remember when so as to find it again.

That is exactly the thread I recall reading. I remember feeling so sad for the person. They were talking about not being able to use the money from the sale to be a down payment on a house.

WOW kpmedia I didn't know how the operation ran. I just knew it was bad news by reading that thread mentioned.

It really does sound like a spamvertisement venture reading your description of it.

I guess all this is to be expected from a company that would stand for and not against SOPA/PIPA.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Yes, this is completely accurate.

Furthermore, that topic revealed that Godaddy resellers are not even remotely close to being real hosts. They're just a sit-on-butt / collect commission, type of "reseller". The support is provided by Godaddy, and the whole operation runs on autopilot. But because of this, the "customers" of the reseller are technically Godaddy's customers -- NOT YOURS! So if you want to leave, tough. You'll go empty handed.
    You are a uninformed. I just migrated a company with 15 mailboxes to exchange with godaddy. Guess who did the migration? Guess who set up Outlook for the users and charged addditional for that?

A lot of the recipients of your recommendations are sorry now after their host "left." If a hands-off godaddy reseller walks away from the biz the customer is not affected.

Based on your comments in various recent posts, you've missed a lot of things.
    Then provide the section the of the TOS where you said the OP's claikm is completely accurate.

kp is referring to my post above:

Here is a link to the GD Reseller TOS:

http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/sh...id=RESELLER_SA

I couldn't find anything about what you are claiming. Please review -- maybe I missed it?
    Why won't you produce the evidence, then. I did an honest search for it believing the OP and couldn't find it.

Stop turning your fear into hatred and FUD

The more evidence that turns up the more you hate -- there is nothing left for you to do
    Last edited by Collabora; 02-12-2012 at 10:27 AM.

I recommend that all honest folks read the thread in that is being discussed. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1072216

The OP was not entirely forbidden to sell his company. If you want to learn the truth, you must read more than the title and more than the people with an axe to grind. Read the posts in that thread and ask yourselves (if you want to be a reseller) is it all that bad to make 1500/mo commissions every month month after month - and growing every month?

On the other hand if you goal is to sell the biz at some point, it doesn't really matter if you never get there.

Are you going to ask kpmedia the what the legal position is of a company he has no part of and loved to hate, or just go to the source? A

Are you willing to stake your livliehood on a photographer super-host wannabe, or do the research yourself?

Are you here to massage the egos of the likes of kpmedia or to try and make a living?

Its your life, but it I read that thread, my reaction would be: where do I sign up?

Here is that thread again: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1072216

Don't buy the FUD coming from the hosts around here that see this as their biggest competition

Here are the top reseller for January:

Commissions
    Reseller #1 $38,321.95 Reseller #2 $36,067.74 Reseller #3$32,856.23 Reseller #4 $26,834.57 Reseller #5 $17,623.14
    Revenue
    Reseller #1 $130,607.90 Reseller #2 $72,375.26 Reseller #3 $67,704.50 Reseller #4 $60,977.29 Reseller #5 $58,952.61

So while the haters are snarling some of us are laughing all the way to the bank. Let's see some of the hosts put up the revenue of their top resellers
    Last edited by Collabora; 02-12-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Here is a post from OP of that thread. Not hard to miss if one's interest is on accurate reporting:

Quote Originally Posted by utopiaplanatia View Post
    Yes, absolutely. There's no real downside for us. It really hurts to sell it. Income is up this year by 30% and continues to trend upwards Obviously, if we can't find an partners, it's a keeper and will make a real nice retirement fund.

Unfortunately waiting is not an option. With the real estate market in my city, we want to get a house now... otherwise it means signing another 1 year lease and we really don't want to do that.

Expecting A LOT more than $10K for a downpayment. Would never, never think of selling for less than $50K considering the history, income, documentation, domain age, Alexa rating, etc. etc. I realize that (so it's been said) speculators prefer to pay 10-18 months of net income -- but I've sold another hosting company about 4 years ago for 40 months worth of income and it didn't have what this company has now.)

Just thought I would mention that because the last time I sold a business, I got all kinds of armchair experts who read (on a forum I suppose) about the "rules" for selling a hosting business based on x months of income. That formula is for liquidators and does not take into account goodwill, domain age, standing, difficulty of operation, etc.

Again -- thanks for chiming in.
    He also explains:

Quote Originally Posted by utopiaplanatia View Post
    You're right.... Never thought about it that way. They can't prohibit the sale of an LLC. Their contract wording is very disconcerting:

1. SERVICE DETAILS

...Your Go Daddy Super Reseller site is non-transferable and cannot be sold separately or in conjunction with the sale of an existing site or business...

I've found there are a lot of reseller programs that operate like this... A LOT more than I realized. I read somewhere on here that the owner of DemoWolf.com (who also has a holding company) was not able to sell his reseller-data-backup business due to a similar clause.

I'm just now starting to accept that we're going to have to keep the business... forever. I suppose we will be very thankful down the road as the income has really picked up this year and shows no signs of stopping.

Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions. Gave me something to think about.
    So here is the answer I was looking for. Its the super-reseller site that is not transferable not the reseller site. The OP of this thread has now been corrected and the lies of kpmedia et al revealed once again.

[I guess their advice now would be never become a demowolf reseller]

And to give KPmedia some credit: I don't think he would behave like this if his list of "tophosts" didn't contain affiliate links to GD competitors
    Last edited by Collabora; 02-12-2012 at 10:58 AM.

I don't recall that. I'll check into it. There is nothing they can do to determine you have done so -- I guess as long as your name stay on the account. If I sold my business, of which my GD reselling is only a part, I don't know what they could do.
    Although your post sound like an ad for turnkey, I have done the research as promised and found the answer.

Contrary to the lies of my detractors, there is nothing in the reseller tos that prevents you from selling your business. However, there is a clause in the Super Reseller tos that sounds like it does.

The main difference between the Reseller and the Super Reseller is the Super Reseller can sell reseller accounts.

The OP of the thread you referred to is a Super Reseller. And he explained how to get around that clause in the TOS. Thus he is not entirely prevented from selling out.

The OP of that thread is also very happy as a GD reseller and many of the responses there were positive and recommending continuing as a GD reseller which the OP is looking forward to

CASE CLOSED

Addendum:

The Super Reseller Agreement

http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/sh...RRESELLER_EULA

See Part 1

Don't buy the FUD coming from the hosts around here that see this as their biggest competition
    Most hosts don't see Godaddy as competition. It's just noise.
    At WHT are the hosts people graduate to once they realize how crappy Godaddy/1&1/EIG is.

You're the one with the FUD.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast