Question How to take orders online

Hi,

I've just signed up with 2Checkout.com for cc processing. I was wondering how people handle their order processing. The form used by 2Checkout.com to obtain cc info is not enough. I know I need to make my own custom form to take in all the extra info like their requested domain name and whether it is registered already. Is there a free script that I can use to integrate with the 2checkout.com system?

You could make a secure order form to collect info that you need, and after the submission redirect them to the payment page. That's how most of the companies do it, including ours.

how do u redirect and how do u know if the payment was successful?

Well it depends on what script you are using. You could write one yourself, or just download a script. Once the form is sent, you should get an e-mail with that order. Then, the client should submit the payment page, and you should get an e-mail with new paid order. I have never used 2checkout though.

*added*
    Check out: http://scriptsearch.com/

Search for form+mail, or just browse around for a script.
    */added*
    Last edited by OWL INTERNET; 12-29-2001 at 08:30 PM.

any suggestions for a good script to use?

Whatever you do, DON'T email the credit card numbers to yourself - with the order. Emailing credit card information is really risky.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

You could encrypt the e-mail with the CC info . If you use a 3rd party processor, you don't have to deal with the CC number.

You create a form that sends you the info you need to setup the account and the redirect of the form goes to 2checkout.com where they can fill out the payment info.
    Providing YOUR Internet Action!

www.addaction.net