Thumbs up helo -- i want to know more about hosting.....

Hi,
    I am a Designer From India - Chennai.... and i m new to this forum...and i want to know more about hosting.....If i Register my Domain Name....How many Different Companies Sites i can host...in One domain.... Which is the best hosting company....how much they charged for a year....whether i can able to edit my web sites....and i don't want to go (Third Person)through any agencies....i need direct hosting companies from US or UK...

Kindly Help Me out

Thanks and Regards

Sebastin

Well, first of all welcome

With 1 domain you have 1 main company on it such as www.google.com, but then you can have a lot of sub companies or sub pages which can be located in different directories of your domain for example www.adsense.google.com or www.google.com/adwords.

As for the best hosting company, and the prices they will charge that all depends. I recommend you look around these forums or use www.hostvoice.com to find a suitable company for you.

At almost ANY host you will be able to edit your files and host directly with them.

Thanks

Yes there are some great Companies but my advice is to look for the small firms that have good pricing and proven track record to get the best results from your online experience.

Footylad

definitely go with a smaller host so you can get more personalized service. Check the offers section as there are many companies that offer a good amount of resources for a reasonable price. Best of Luck!
    http://www.webair.com
    Industrial Strength Webhosting Since 1996!
    chris@webair.com • ICQ#476-945-431 • AIM WebairChris •
    Advanced CDN network

Your question is involved in the too content, a few words can not clearly explain, I suggest you best find some information to read, when you have some basis, you can mention some specific questions.

Through Google, you should be able to search a lot of relevant informations, I suggest that you first look for the following:

How to create a website,
    how to register domain names,
    how to upload sites,
    how to set up in space
    »SpaceDN - Hosting - Domains - coupons - discount informations - hosts Comparison - Domains Comparison - Ranking
    »My Blog - Browser-based online games, come here!

You may also want to consider a Reseller package with a web hosting company. This would allow you to provide each of your clients space and allow you to manage it.