Change Directory in Plesk

Hi...

I found this forum some days ago and are very good!
    I have the Plesk 7 for windows...

But i have a little problem...
    When i create one domain, the plesk put in C:\Inetpub\vhosts...

How i can configure to put the new domain in other partition?
    Like e:\webpages

I must re-install plesk?IIS 6?
    Or do something?

Help me please...

Regards

No one can help me?

Plesk - Mulitple Drives

I am having the same problem.

The C: is too small and I want to host websites on another Drive.

The only thing that I found was that in IIS, under websites -> Properties -> Home Directories Tab you can specify a Local Path. I changed the path to another directory but it did not load the index.html file that I put in that directory.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Any idea?

To change the home directories for Plesk web sites, you need to run the Plesk Reconfigurator (on the server that is hosting the site(s).

Go to: Start -> All Programs -> SWsoft Plesk

->Plesk reconfigurator -> Change Virtual Hosts location.

Plesk will create a folder called domainname/httpdocs for each website under the new home directory.

Place html content from old home directory to the new one.

Bringing back an old thread! Better then making a new one.

I would like to do this exact same thing, but on Linux/UNIX version of Plesk. Can anyone help me out?

alright... i just installed a new 8.1 plesk server on Freebsd 6.2

I setup my partitions as such
    /dev/ad4s1e 1.9G 503M 1.3G 28% /home
    /dev/ad4s1d 9.7G 2.8G 6.1G 31% /usr
    /dev/ad4s1f 93G 4.0K 85G 0% /www

obviously I want to use the /www instead of the /usr partition.. I was thinking about just putting a lnk from /usr/local/www -> /www but am unsure about the plesk recognizing it..

also my disk quota isnt availible.. can i just recompile it into the kernel and plesk will automatically detect it?

thanks

Edit the fstab file and add userquota to the options, presuming option QUOTA is already compiled in your kernel.

As for moving your VHOST directory, use the transvhost.pl script in /usr/local/psa/bin to move them. Make sure your .skel directory is outside of the vhost directory, I had this problem and caused domains not be created correctly.

Edit: Is FBSD6.2 offically supported by 8.1 now?

%./transvhosts.pl --source-dir /usr/local/www/vhosts --dest-dir /www --correct-scripts
    du: illegal option -- b
    usage: du [-H | -L | -P] [-a | -s | -d depth] [-c] [-h | -k | -m] [-n] [-x] [-I mask] [file ...]
    Moving files to new directory...
    mv: rename /usr/local/www/vhosts/vhosts/* to /www/vhosts/*: No such file or directory
    mv: rename /usr/local/www/vhosts/vhosts/.* to /www/vhosts/.*: No such file or directory
    Correct psa configuration file...
    Correct passwd file...
    Correct database...
    websrvmng: Unable to open file /www/feeds.4inkjets.com/conf/httpd.include.new for writing: No such file or directory

System error 2: No such file or directory
    Can`t reconfigure web server

I manually moved the files and it works i guess..

no official support for 6.2 but i already installed the server with 6.2 and didnt want to go back to my colo to reconfigure.. did some research and others are running .2 so I just gasthatbitch.com

well quota support is enabled for the /www partition but it still does not allow me to put a limit on domains in 8.1 ... going to set quota on /usr also to try that

nope that didnt work.
    Last edited by Kyle Keith; 03-15-2007 at 01:29 AM.

damn
    Unable to update hosting preferences: hosting update failed: skelmng failed: Empty error message from utility. skelmng failed: Empty error message from utility.

[kkeith@layla vhosts/vhosts/feeds.kjets.com]# /usr/local/psa/bin/transvhosts.pl --source-dir /www/vhosts/vhosts/ --dest-dir /www/ --correct-scripts
    du: illegal option -- b
    usage: du [-H | -L | -P] [-a | -s | -d depth] [-c] [-h | -k | -m] [-n] [-x] [-I mask] [file ...]
    Moving files to new directory...
    mv: rename /www/vhosts/vhosts//vhosts/* to /www//vhosts/*: No such file or directory
    mv: rename /www/vhosts/vhosts//vhosts/.* to /www//vhosts/.*: No such file or directory
    Correct psa configuration file...
    Correct passwd file...
    Correct database...
    ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
    websrvmng: Service /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh failed to reload

now i have multiple directories /www/vhosts/vhosts/
    and /www/vhosts/.skel/.skel/

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh failed to start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:155
    psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh failed to start')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28

verfied where the vhost directory is set to in the /etc/psa/psa.conf and it was set to /www
    so i made sure that the .skel directory was in /www/.skel
    the vhosts is in /www/vhosts

damn im pro
    apache still not starting... Unable to make action

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:155
    psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh failed to start')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28

fixed this issue... tried to start apachectl manually... /usr/local/sbin/apachctl start
    Document Root not found in
    /usr/local/etc/apache2/Includes/zz010_psa_httpd.conf

fixed my vhosts directory so there is no stupid vhosts directory..
    all web folders directly into /www/domain.tld
    did this by

./transvhosts.pl --source-dir /usr/local/www/vhosts --dest-dir /www/ --correct-scripts

i believe it worked after i put /www/ in the query..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Keith
    damn
    Unable to update hosting preferences: hosting update failed: skelmng failed: Empty error message from utility. skelmng failed: Empty error message from utility.
    Identical error I got. Move your .skel directory up one.