Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bloody attack on Mass. gay bar stuns region

I certainly hope that the police and prosecutors are successful in getting the killer.

Rep. Barney Frank, a Massachusetts Democrat, called on Washington to pass a bill that would extend the federal law on hate crimes to cover offenses targeting people because of sexual orientation.

In some states that might seem needlessly redundant. For Massachusetts getting the Federal government to do the job may be what it takes for a capital crime to bring an adequate sentence.

Very very sad...........

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Very very sad...........

Very much agreed.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

This is an example of Christian Terrorist, oh wait since he is a christian he is just a criminal...heh western media.

Stupid sick people

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled
    Rep. Barney Frank, a Massachusetts Democrat, called on Washington to pass a bill that would extend the federal law on hate crimes to cover offenses targeting people because of sexual orientation.
    I'm surprised it already doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Abvex
    This is an example of Christian Terrorist, oh wait since he is a christian he is just a criminal...heh western media.
    Quote Originally Posted by REUTERS
    A search of Robida's bedroom turned up neo-Nazi literature and posters slurring gays, Jews and African-Americans, Walsh said. He also appears on a Web site posing with Nazi flags.
    Abvex, he was Neo-Nazi (rather, believed in it), not Christian. You're jumping to conclusions in an effort to make it look like all Christians are as much terrorists as anyone else. I'm sorry to burst your bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    Abvex, he was Neo-Nazi (rather, believed in it), not Christian. You're jumping to conclusions in an effort to make it look like all Christians are as much terrorists as anyone else. I'm sorry to burst your bubble...
    Actually, I was hoping to get a respond like yours, now you know how Muslims feel when terrorist are tied to Islam.

Neo-Nazi = Terrorist

I know Christian is a peaceful religion, I was merely proving a point there.

Actually, I was hoping to get a respond like yours, now you know how Muslims feel when terrorist are tied to Islam.

Neo-Nazi = Terrorist

I know Christian is a peaceful religion, I was merely proving a point there.
    Neo-Nazi does not equal terrorist.

And the dudes myspace says he's an atheist.

I am not reffering to their platform babychi, but their actions.

Because they're constantly all over the news for killing people, right?

Many of the Neo-Nazis have a religion called "Christian Identity", which is a highly distorted derivative of Christianity. It is described pretty well at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity
    Every mainstream Christian demonination regards the Christian Identity Movement as thoroughly fake Christianity. All the Biblical prohibitions against crimes like the recent one in New Bedford are wasted on the Christian Identity Movement, whose main purpose seems to be to rationalize their way around those behavior standards.

There's actually a strong argument against this, for two reasons. The first is from conservatives who insist that orientation shouldn't be protected, because listing it would give it 'credibility.' (My personal opinion is that these people are crazy.) I can understand the second argument, though: if there's a brutal attack on someone because of their race, is that really any worse than a brutal attack on someone because, say, they were wearing the wrong colors or whtanot? There shouldn't be certain 'categories' of people that you get penalized for attacking more.

As long as hate crime laws exist, though, I do believe homosexuals should be protected under them.

Neo-Nazi people even hates Christians because of their view toward racial equality.

Sadly, there are a few Christians who have Neo-Nazi attitudes.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

I kind of have some doubts about the value of hate crime laws at the felony level. Beating, maiming, and killing people because of their race, enthnicity, sexual orientation, or whatever kind of group identity is nasty. So is doing so to someone for the change in his pocket or a combination of homicidal whim and random victim vulnerability. The penalties should be harsh for any of those motives. In some states it is, in some states it isn't. Massachusetts may be a state that needs to ask the Federal government to do the prosecution to keep itself from paroling guys like Robida.
    I think hate crime laws may have more value at the misdemeanor level. It seems like there should be a harsher penalty for painting "Kill the ______s!" on a big rock than for painting "A loves B", or "Hooray for our team!".

I certainly hope that the police and prosecutors are successful in getting the killer.
    Police have now accomplished their part of that; he's been arrested in Arkansas. A police officer and a still-unidentified woman who reportedly was a passenger in the suspect's car were killed in an exchange of gunfire; the suspect, Jacob D. Robida was wounded.

Not many details available yet, but the story is here: http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8FIK6205.html

In about ten years or so, when Arkansas is preparing to execute Robida, liberals may be feeling a bit conflicted as they recall his crimes in Massachusetts.

This guy should burn. Grrrr. Although such behaviour happen all the time online, even here at WHT...

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    Although such behaviour happen all the time online, even here at WHT...
    Huh? We're talking about a guy who started attacking people with a hatchet. People sometimes get angry with each other here, but I'm not sure there's much physical violence. (And I've never seen any intolerance based on race, orientation, etc., either.)

Awful story. I hope that guy gets caught, and gets the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    This guy should burn. Grrrr. Although such behaviour happen all the time online, even here at WHT...
    If you can tell me how to bury a hatchet in someone's head via the internet, I'm interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

Been waiting a while to make that comment hey?

Turned out the killer's an atheist.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    Awful story. I hope that guy gets caught, and gets the death penalty.
    As I mentioned earlier, he has been caught. Recent reports say he was shot twice in the head by police, and killed a police officer. A woman who was a passenger in his car was killed -- the local prosecutor says that the suspect shot her, but police so far have not confirmed that and said more investigation is necessary to determine how she was shot.

As for the suspect, Jacob Robida, the prosecutor said regarding his condition as a result of his bullet wounds: "it doesn't look good right now."

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    If you can tell me how to bury a hatchet in someone's head via the internet, I'm interested in subscribing to your newsletter.
    yah - that would cut down on stupid help desk questions
    Dave Schott
    CEO / CFO Ambient Host, LLC.
    http://www.ambienthost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Been waiting a while to make that comment hey?

Turned out the killer's an atheist.
    Quite possible. Although some Neo-Nazis use Christian Identity as a means of giving their hate a religious spin, not all do. It's just a tool on the toolbelt. Hitler himself was not religious. He considered the possibility of using Norse mythology as a state religion, but he pretty much scrapped the idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast