Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoDaddy

GoDaddy

I'm planning to register a domain name at GoDaddy. Their rates are affordable. However, i need to know your experiences with them for me to have a good outlook on their service. Thanks

Domain name registration is fine. But do not use their whois to check for availability of good names, and do not get talked into using any of their hosting plans...

Quote Originally Posted by Donald0814 View Post
    I'm planning to register a domain name at GoDaddy. Their rates are affordable. However, i need to know your experiences with them for me to have a good outlook on their service. Thanks
    Check with Namecheap before you register with GD.
    GD also supported SOPA

Personally, I like the Namecheap panel much better than GD and I sure as heck like Namecheap's support much better.
    I want nothing that GD has to offer and will never use them again.

+1 for namecheap. The panel is much simpler to use, and I find support to want to help you first, rather than wanting to sell you something first compared to godaddy.
    -Ryan K
    Quality Minecraft hosting at a price you can afford!
    Managed Dedicated and VPS hosting.
    evlbox.com

When choosing your Registrar, also look at renewal prices, as you most typicaly will want to keep your domain for more than a year.

GoDaddy is well known for upselling, loads of email advertisement (I consider it SPAM) and for high renewal prices. They also lock your domain for transfer if you change registrant details, something no other registrar i know of does.

+1 for namecheap

GoDaddy sucks. Don't register your domain name with these SOPA upsellers.

Gonna agree with everyone here. If GoDaddy's absurd marketing wasn't enough, their support of SOPA put them pretty permanently on the wrong side of the Internet freedom debate.

Go for Namecheap.

Register Only Domains and use it for nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusone View Post
    Register Only Domains and use it for nothing else.
    Listen to what the other posters are telling you.
    You're being advised not to use GD and some of the reasons why.

We're still getting their emails that we call spam too and GD seems to not want to understand what NO means.

You'll be much more satisfied with Namecheap.

Hello Ivraatiems and Bruc,

You can review Go Daddy's position on SOPA at x.co/c2YS.

Also, if you wish to be removed form marketing emails you change your email preferences using these steps:

To Change Your Email Preferences Settings

Click Settings.
    Click Email Preferences.
    Select Yes or No for any type(s) of email, text message or direct mail you would or would not like to receive from us.
    Click Save Changes.

I hope this information helps clarify your concerns Ivraatiems and Bruc! If you have any other concerns about either of these issues please PM me.
    Mike

I'd rather bust my head into a wall then get any services from GoDaddy. Worst company ever. Their customer service is a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by tealhost View Post
    I'd rather bust my head into a wall then get any services from GoDaddy. Worst company ever. Their customer service is a disgrace
    GoDaddy is a disgrace to the industry as far as I'm concerned.

They supported SOPA until 1000's of people started transferring their domains away from them. They cried wolf then and back tracked but...the damage was done then and GD started showing their true colors as usual.

I usually don't bash anyone on a forum but GD deserves all the bashing they can get.

They caused us headaches that pain pills wouldn't stop.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Network Solutions now also puts a 30-day transfer lock on your domain if you change any registration info. And they do not tell you that until you try and transfer the domain to any honest registrar (which does not include godaddy).

Quote Originally Posted by petzsch View Post
    When choosing your Registrar, also look at renewal prices, as you most typicaly will want to keep your domain for more than a year.

GoDaddy is well known for upselling, loads of email advertisement (I consider it SPAM) and for high renewal prices. They also lock your domain for transfer if you change registrant details, something no other registrar i know of does.

+1 for namecheap

Used GoDaddy for a couple of years now without any issues. I've never had to contact customer service and once you get used to the continual up selling, they provide a decent service.

I found their support extremely hard to reach and thus decided not to use them (I used them only because someone bought a domain for me and didn't ask in advance which registrar to opt for)

I can recommend name.com and (if you speak German) united-domains.de ; heard very positive stories about namecheap.com too.

Be prepare to be charged automatically and for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by InstantPH View Post
    Used GoDaddy for a couple of years now without any issues. I've never had to contact customer service and once you get used to the continual up selling, they provide a decent service.
    Good Luck!

Personally I really like GoDaddy and have had nothing but positive experiences thus far. I only use them as a registrar though. No added services.

Definitely go with the alternatives, GoDaddy's renewal prices are a bit high.

Another vote for Namecheap. Although GoDaddy is also a reputable domain registrar except that their prices aren't as low. I mean $12.99 for a .com renewal with Godaddy when you can get it at Namecheap for $10.69. Also Whois Privacy Protection is quite expensive with them as well, that's if you need one.

GoDaddy is good but don't get hooked by all their additional services and offers, which are for most part unnecessary.

I have all my domains with GoDaddy never had a problem with them im happy with the service i have been getting

GoDaddy is the best domain service i have seen so far. +5 rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuyAServer View Post
    GoDaddy is the best domain service i have seen so far. +5 rep
    That's a matter of opinion.

I can only second all the comments about not joining them.

I have been their customer for quite a while and have rarely experienced a slower and more complex user interface than theirs. Their pro-SOPA attitude and their chauvinistic commercials are also not exactly appealing to many customers, let alone their ceo proudly slaughtering elephants in Africa (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_843121.html).

As many already pointed out a more than viable alternative is namecheap.com, which has a good customer service and decent fees, respectively I recently discovered nameѕilo.com, which has an even more straight-forwarding pricing structure and fast support responses as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast