Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kian Guest

Instabill.com
    Does anyone know of any better service, there 10% transaction fee and 10% hold back is pretty wild.

Clients
    Anyone know what software to use for storing client data? Like if it was ever needed, you could pull up there info and so forth. And to see how much they owe and stuff like that. Mainly for customers using money orders.

james Guest

Hello,

I use ccslide.com

still looking for some good software to keep customer data in.

kian Guest

Aren't ccslide.com and instabill.com's rates the same?

I would suggest looking at worldpay.com they have a small startup charge and then the rates are only 4.5%, no merchant account needed although you can use one, they transfer the money to your bank account six weeks in arrears.

ccslide.com charges 5.9%

kian Guest

well not for internet type stuff

No, ccslide upped their price to 10% for non-tangible items. (webhosting)

------------------
    Mike Astin
    WebAuthorities
    http://www.webauthorities.com
    http://www.resellerinfo.com - A free reseller information site (coming soon!)

kian Guest

yeah, what he said

I just noticed that yesterday and e-mailed them about it and they said "The rates are as follows: 9.9% for services, 6.9% for products. The change went in effect on the last pay period, it was caused by rate changes that came from the credit card companies from four month ago."

I guess its time for my own merchant account now.

Thumbs up

I'd highly recommend it. The discount rates are definitely better with your own merchant account, plus you can get your transactions cleared nightly with most.

------------------
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    http://www.hostmatters.com

kian Guest

Is there anyone who can help me with this whole merchant thing?

We are almost finished with a web hosting company only billing software that works with Cybercash that automates the whole billing including recurring!

Sorry, but Alabanza already beat you to it

------------------
    Chuck Fox
    http://cfoxhost.com

We arent into leasing the software like they got, its software which you can buy and own and move to whatever server you are with. I know wonce you move, the software stays with them...

Hello,

I just found this company http://www.revecom.com/ no merchant account required they charge

Monthly: $25.00
    Discount: 2.95%
    Auth Fee: $0.35
    Setup: $129.00

If anyone has any feedback about them I'm all ears but they look great to me.

Cool Database

Anyone know what software to use for storing client data? Like if it was ever needed, you could pull up there info and so forth. And to see how much they owe and stuff like that.
    I run a web hosting company and I keep EVERYTHING stored in a database that I created in Microsoft Access. It tells me their contact info, when they signed up, what months they've paid for, current balance, extra comments, ETC. I recomend doing that since you can customize it the most. I could build one for you for a small fee too

Also - Using Quick Books or a similar finance program could be a possibility as well

Database

Humm, you wouldn't be interested in sharing the database would you ? (empty afcorse)
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Sorry, no sharing
    Took a lot of work to make it

Question Humm

Humm, Ok, how mutch then ?
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Instabill

Hello Everyone,

I originally signed up with Instabill.com and then opened an account with Worldpay.

On balance, Instabill is better. The charges work out about the same over a year. Worldpay charge 125 pounds per annum. Instabill I have to pay bank charges of 10 pounds per month.

Where instabill wins hands down is the ease of use. Their built in shopping cart and catalogue system even supports monthly payments.

The operations manuals for Worldpay run to several hundred pages. I will use it for my UK hosting service, but I am inclined to stick with Instabill for my US site.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

The alabanza one is a bit weird though, we haven't had much success with it.

What about this other software? Does it have a webpage, if not give me a ring, you've sparked my interest.

---
    Rory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast