How to see the owner details after enabling domain privacy

If I have enabled privacy to hide my address & identity but how can one still find out whether my address is genuine one as per ICANN guidelines?

Hi,

Some of the domain name registrars offer an option to see your contact information even when Privacy protection is enabled. If you do not have such option at your current domain control panel you can contact support and they will assist you.

You can also disable privacy protection in order to see your current details and then enable it once again.

If you use the privacy protection and the details under your domain name is invalid this is not the violation of ICANN rules since the protected data is displayed in public whois and this information is accurate and valid.

There is nothing to worry about.
    Regards,
    Urban Support - High quality Offshore Customer and Technical support service provider.

i think , people not found your identity
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSupport View Post
    Hi,

Some of the domain name registrars offer an option to see your contact information even when Privacy protection is enabled. If you do not have such option at your current domain control panel you can contact support and they will assist you.

You can also disable privacy protection in order to see your current details and then enable it once again.

If you use the privacy protection and the details under your domain name is invalid this is not the violation of ICANN rules since the protected data is displayed in public whois and this information is accurate and valid.

Can you pl. make it little clear?

You don't need to do anything. You are Ok.

Get a lawyer in the country of the registrar. Get a legal action to open up the files. In the US this can cost anywhere from $5k to $50k in legal fees (depending on how big of a registrar you are up against).

Hi,

All domain names registrar are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to send you reminder by the Anniversary date of each registered Domain Name that is subject to the terms and conditions of that organization. So if your contact data is accurate, no further action is required to comply with this notice, if not - please correct them.

I just want to let you know that if the privacy protection is enabled for your domain name you do not need to change anything since information is already valid.
    Regards,
    Urban Support - High quality Offshore Customer and Technical support service provider.

There is almost no way to find the real contact information under domain name.

The exception would be if somebody provide the court order and in this case all domain name registrars will be obliged to provide the real contact information under your domain name.

In case Privacy protection was not enabled during the registration of the domain name your not protected contact information will be displayed in some Whois for 24-72 hours. Once all whois update their databases the protected information will be displayed.
    Regards,

do not fill your real identity for your domains ,
    because there are no such kind of privacy anywhere in this world.
    please cmiiw always

Quote Originally Posted by craig joe View Post
    do not fill your real identity for your domains ,
    because there are no such kind of privacy anywhere in this world.
    If we don't provide our correct address, this can be ground for cancellation of our registered domains. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ankul9 View Post
    If we don't provide our correct address, this can be ground for cancellation of our registered domains. Isn't it?
    Yup. If anything, one needs to put in verifiable contact information, or where they can be reached or contacted in case.

Not everyone can necessarily afford another mailing address or phone number, depending on their location. That's one thing a registrar's privacy service also tries to service.

Registrar makes money with the privacy service, the domain holder gets their information mostly if not completely hidden, seems win-win. Of course, read the fine print and ask questions to know what it does and won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by chandrabhan View Post
    If I have enabled privacy to hide my address & identity but how can one still find out whether my address is genuine one as per ICANN guidelines?
    The registrar you used has access to the "real" details, and that name, address, etc are what they "escrow" to ICANN (currently via IronMountain).

The registrar can also be obliged to provide the real details to relevant authorities.

Using false information is grounds for deletion of the domain - so just dont do it !
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

i am agree with your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSupport View Post
    Hi,

You should fill up the actual information asking from you, and then enable the domain privacy system, no one can get your information after enabling that option. But If you will put some inappropriate information in your domain registration form, you domain can be suspended or cancelled in future for this act according to the rules of ICANN.

Have a PO Box and a cheap 888 or 866 (toll free) number to route calls... you can get a toll free number for around $3 a month.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

buy whois id protection to protect your identity. I think that the best you can do . If you still face the same problem that i think people already hacked into your account. Try to get more protection on your domian and your web.

I use a PO Box and a SkypeIn phone number.

My PO Box is in Australia, but Phone number is in the UK.
    I figure that people I upset in Australia (I blog) are less likely to call an overseas number.

I think you're fairly unlikely to be caught using false details unless you put something silly such as.

455 Fake st, Arrhenius Crater.
    Mars, The Milky Way.

The more popular a domain becomes the more it's going to be scrutinised. I don't think it's worth losing domains over the cost of a PO Box.
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Since you do not see the ID Protect (WHOIS Privacy) in your DNS Control ... In general though, you'll need to contact ur registrar and ask them to enable privacy for you
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit