Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Network Solutions problem

I have a website - savebrighton.com - hosted by Network Solutions. It has been inaccessible for two days and Network Solutions have not replied to any of my many messages asking what is wrong and how long it will take to put right - does anyone have any information on this?

I can access it from here...

thanks dnswatch - none of my friends in the UK can access it - could this be some kind of 'denial of service attack'? What do you reckon is wrong?

I can access it here from Canada.
    Are you and your mates using the same ISP? could be ISP internet access problem

Same here, accessible from British Columbia with Telus DSL connection.

Cheers,
    Doug

thanks - no, we're using a number of different ISPs - so it's not an ISP problem

because this is a protest website we think it may be being sabotaged so that UK users can't access it - is this technically possible?
    Last edited by broglet; 01-19-2008 at 04:07 AM.

What Network Solutions told me

I have the same problem, beginning yesterday, at my site, which is a package from Network Solutions. I can see from my tracker that in many locales, it isn't loading, and I can't load it myself. I called them, they said that they are having a technical problem that is causing their sites to fail to load in parts of the U.S. and Europe, and that engineering is working on fixing it.

thanks sm5sandstorm - very interesting - where are you based and do you know which other locales are failing?

Has Network Solutions given you any idea of the nature of the problem and how long they might take to fix it?

I'm in the UK and can't see the site either...

However it does work on 2 windows servers we have in the USA.

Can you find out if their nameservers ping? I had a problem a while ago where one name server didn't ping, and brought certain sites down in a few countries, whilst it worked fine in others

Network Solutions

I am in Israel. My site doesn't load here, but I see from my tracker that it does load in the U.S. and some other locales.

This is the message Network Solutions has sent today to those who inquire:

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions Customer Service Department. We are committed to creating the best Customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to quickly and efficiently handle your recent request.

Please be advised that some customers from Europe, are experiencing issues accessing Network Solutions hosted Web sites and connecting to the FTP servers as well. Our engineering team is currently working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We hope this update has been helpful.

Thumbs down Netsol hosting is not reachable from europe

Hello, I am in Italy and non of my 4 Network Solutions web sites are reachable by http ftp or ping.

I sent a ticket yesterday and they have not yet answered. I called today and they happily informed me that my web site is up (at least in North America).

He then admitted that none of their web hosting packages are reachable from Europe. They are aware and working on the problem. They just doing a very bad pr job.

DoS? A colossal malfunction? Too bad i switched to netsol hoping they would be more reliable than my last provider.

Quote Originally Posted by sm5sandstorm View Post
    I am in Israel. My site doesn't load here, but I see from my tracker that it does load in the U.S. and some other locales.

This is the message Network Solutions has sent today to those who inquire:

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions Customer Service Department. We are committed to creating the best Customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to quickly and efficiently handle your recent request.

Please be advised that some customers from Europe, are experiencing issues accessing Network Solutions hosted Web sites and connecting to the FTP servers as well. Our engineering team is currently working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We hope this update has been helpful.
    Thanks and shalom sandstorm, hi danserv and buona sera 404m

They said the following to me too:
    "We are committed to creating the best Customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to quickly and efficiently handle your recent request". Yeah, yeah.

In fact they haven't replied to either of my questions:
    1. What is wrong?
    2. How long before you put it right.

Since netsol won't tell me the answers, can anyone guess?

Do you have a backup of your website? Maybe it's time to find a new provider.

I think you may be right boldoutlook - but I've used netsol's 'ImageCafé' online web development tool so I don't have a fully functional stand alone backup. But if they can't provide a proper service I'll have no choice.
    Last edited by broglet; 01-19-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Angry

I am based in Greece and since around Thursday, my website is not loading here.. meanwhile, my friends in the USA can see the website. I sent Network Solutions an email through their technical support channel but never received a reply.

I have phoned Netowrk Solutions 3 times. The first time, on Friday, Jan 19.. they told me that basically the problem was probably because of my ISP and to call them... but that they had two similar complaints from Portugal and Spain. I called my ISP and they had no clue what I was talking about. I called back Network Solutions and THEN they told me that the problem is on THEIR side and that their engineers are working on solving it.

...but still no reply to that original email I had sent.

This afternoon, it still wasn't working and I called AGAIN.. and received the same answer. It is now 12:18 am Sunday.. and the website is still NOT loading and I have yet to receive a FRIGIN' answer to my email.

But.. hey... you have to hand it to the three different Network Solutions people I called (they were all very polite) .. as each one of them, before ending our conversation asked me if I'd like to renew my services with them... geeeesh.

Hi oracleheart

I've had almost exactly the same experience as you, apart from one little extra - one of the telephone 'helpers' who had no idea what was wrong told me to delete my temporary internet files and she said there can't be anything wrong at netsol's end because she was able to display my website in America! And the lack of response to emails to customer support (I've sent them four or five now) is truly enraging

How does one get one's website and one's domain name moved to another provider? How quickly can it be done? Will the fact that I have built my site using netsol's online Imagecafé web development aid cause problems in moving it?

I'm running an important campaign based on my website and it is at serious risk.
    Last edited by broglet; 01-19-2008 at 07:44 PM.

I just thougth I'd join in.

I have a web site on Networksolutions and I have not been able to access it since Thursday evening. I am based in Belgium. Friends from France, Germany and Finland cannot access it either.

I have called Networksolutions 4 times andeach time their help desk is useless. All they can say is that there is a tehnical issue and that technicians are working on it. You would think that after three days they would at least have the courtesy of providing a minimal explanation. But no.
    The problem must be fairly serious if they cannot solve it within a few days.

Also, i know a few major sites hosted by them, and they too were inaccessible for me. But now I can again accesss them. i wonder if they give priority to big companies.

I have a backup of the site and am seriouly considering other oprions. Their support is useless if after three days they still cannot give the slightest timeframe or definition of the problem.

I now i did not realy add anything to the debate here, just wanted to let out some air.

We can get Network Solutions to act more urgently if we get this into the media and get some serious bad publicity for them. Can anyone estimate the number of people and businesses affected?

We should all write to the technology correspondents of all the newspapers and TV and radio companies that we can and give them the following story - please modify to your taste, cut and paste, and send it to as many as you can:

NETWORK SOLUTIONS SERVICE IN TURMOIL

Websites hosted by Network Solutions throughout Europe and parts of America became inaccessible last Thursday and have remained so ever since.

Furious customers say that Network Solutions is providing no information about what has gone wrong or when it will be put right, and their customer service department is not replying to emails.

Meanwhile Network Solutions customers' own businesses are suffering.

For more information visit http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=664706

This is a very good idea as Network Solutions are managing to keep this very quiet. Not so much as a note of apology on their website. The latest update is they are no longer taking calls. Callers are asked for a password to access a mailbox. Does not bode well. Makes me think they can't repair this thing anytime soon.

This is scandalous. We are going on the third day now. There are millions of people that can't use thousands of web sites. I can't seem to find anyone even talking about it except here on this forum. Anyone found any other news?

It is indeed strange that hardly anyone seems to talk about this. One explanation is that most of the domains are accessible from the USA, so Americans are unaware.

Networksolutions already came under fire in the press and web forums last week, and then it was all over the place. The debate concerned their practice of automatically reserving any domain name that has been searched for on their site. Many saw this as frontrunning, and Networksolutions was in pains to justify it as a an anti-frontrunning technique. I am too new on this forum to post a link, but if you Google "Networksolutions" and "frontrunning" you will find a lot of articles and forum discussion on the issue.

One of the Networksolutions help desk people I talked to said he has never seen anything like this (the current problem). I just wonder if could be caused by some hacker who was inspired by those discussions accusing Networksolutions for unethical practices? This might also explain their reluctance to provide info.

BTW Networksolutions's own web site is only partially accessible. I cannot get to ay hosting services (view site statistics etc.). They too are losing business if people from outside the USA cannot set up new domains.

I too am caught in this and have experienced much of what is said.
    Just a couple of points I'd like to add:

1) Network Solutions staff told me the problem is intermittent which concurs with one viewer's comments. Earlier on I found response intermittent but now it seems to be permanent.

2) The problem is referred to as "issues accessing web sites from Europe". I surmise that if it were a technical issue, the problem would have been fixed straight away. What's left; a political issue or a hacking issue? For either of these Network Solutions would not be able to provide a timescale for fixing. It's the lack of feedback from Network Solutions which is really scarey especially bearing in mind that their "goal is to quickly and efficiently handle your recent request".

I am currently looking into other hosting possibilities. The wait has been far too long already and without any feedback or justification in order for Network Solutions to retain credibility. It really doesn't say much for their customer care policy.

Network Solutions webhosting

Hi, I'm probably one of those guys from Portugal that complained also about this problem.

I've called them yesterday morning, and after 5 minutes waiting for a reply from the guy of their call center (that was supposedly looking for a 'solution) , he suddenly asked me where I was calling from (quite strange... I though they would see my profile). Then he has told me the same as to you all - "we're having a problem with access to our web hosting services from connections coming from Europe. Our engineers are working on it".

When I've asked when would they see an end to then problem, his reply was something that unfortunately I was expecting "I don't know sir, can I help you in anything else?"

I've also sent them two emails (one was Friday afternoon) to tech support, but not single reply.

I'm having this trouble since Thursday.

I'll post any news soon I get them!

TheLoad

I agree with you

QUOTE " We can get Network Solutions to act more urgently if we get this into the media and get some serious bad publicity for them. Can anyone estimate the number of people and businesses affected?

We should all write to the technology correspondents of all the newspapers and TV and radio companies that we can and give them the following story - please modify to your taste, cut and paste, and send it to as many as you can:

[B]NETWORK SOLUTIONS SERVICE IN TURMOIL

Websites hosted by Network Solutions throughout Europe and parts of America became inaccessible last Thursday and have remained so ever since.

Furious customers say that Network Solutions is providing no information about what has gone wrong or when it will be put right, and their customer service department is not replying to emails.

Meanwhile Network Solutions customers' own businesses are suffering. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having the same problem, i can't access my site from europe.
    3 days now, and not even a single answer concerning this problem.
    Customers service don't even reply to me anymore( they never did anyway ), thus i got informed of the problems in this forum.
    This is lame coming from network solutions.
    I agree we should contact the press to get things moving.
    Good luck all

Cheers

I finally managed to get through to a human on their phoneline and at the same time I received a standard email in reply to one I sent two days ago, basically saying they are working on the problem. Perhaps they are reading this forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast