Exclamation Need help with my camera! :(

Hello, WHT,

Probably i have to go to some tech forum, but i'm adicted here. Sorry Huh. Maybe there is any tech guys who can give any advice with camera issue? Ok, here is the thing. Normaly all pcs recognize my minolta dimage z2 digital camera, they create drive (d, e, f,x...) and i can take pictures from there. But my laptop doesnt create such drive. I installed drivers properly(windows detect them by himself), there is winxp, sp2, usb 2, patches and so on but its dont want to work. Its a ordinary laptop, nothing special there what can prevent from creating additional drive. Maybe anyone have ideas? Already stucked here.
    Thanks a lot for any help
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

one of the things you can check is the usb port if you are using it to connect your camera to the laptop. My PC did not recognize my digital camera due to the port was loosen. I am not a tech guy, but that is all I could say I hope you will figure out the problem soon.

* Moved to Computers...

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

you can always try the add hardware feature in your control panel, maybe that works

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8erstig
    you can always try the add hardware feature in your control panel, maybe that works
    Nope... it doesnt work
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

my friend once had this problem with a flash stick, he contacted the seller, and he told him that he had to download software on site and follow a guide to let your firewall open the ports used by that piece of software, so i recommend you to contact the product seller

Do you have any virtual drive emulation software installed like Daemon Tools? Try disbling this and any virtual drives that may be present.

I had a similiar problem and the problem was that the drive letter that the OS was trying to give the USB drive was already in use.

You may also want to take a look in Disk Management under administration cools in control panel to see if the USB device has been recognised as an additonal disk drive, and you could try assigning it a drive letter in there.

If you're really havinng such a hard time, and it's REALLY urgent.. You could take the quick way. Buy a card reader. That should always work, irregardless of anything else.

As a note, it might be smarter to post your exact specs...?