challenging phpbb problem, need expert assistance

okay, i've run into an interesting problem with phpbb

here's what happened.

i wanted to transfer my phpbb forum to a new server with a diff url and everything

so, i installed the new forum on the new server and imported my old database...

THEN.....

i got the killer problem.

when i restored the database for the forum, it loaded the old configuration settings for the old forum and among those things it loaded was the old domain name and old script path.

so, when i try to log into the new forum, it automatically redirects me to the url where the old forum was located.

basically, because of that, i'm unable to log into the forum at its new location because the login keeps on redirecting me back to the old site.

does anybody know of a method for me to change the domain name and script path of the forum at its new location without going through the phpbb admin control panel?

i'm guessing that i will need to either manually edit mysql tables (which i can do through phpmyadmin) or manually edit some of the php files which i can also do.

if anybody can offer assistance on this problem, i'll really appreciate it.

Have you gone into the Admin control panel and change the url and domain??
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

Edit phpBB's configuration files with updated information, shouldn't be that hard.
    || ServaxNet (AS46974)
    || Server Management and Managed Hosting Experts Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanworld
    Have you gone into the Admin control panel and change the url and domain??
    well, the problem is precisely that, i can't get into the control panel of the forum at its new location because it keeps on redirecting me to the old url

Quote Originally Posted by Servax
    Edit phpBB's configuration files with updated information, shouldn't be that hard.
    well, i don't know exactly which configuration file the parameters are in....if somebody can point it out to me, it'll be a great help, i rather not search through every single php file that came with phpbb.

Quote Originally Posted by InstaCarma_Rose
    Hi,

The site url is set in the phpBB database inside the table phpbb_config under the parameter 'sitename'.

The exact mysql queries which can be used to correct this is :

If your phpBB database name is test_phpBB and your new site url is "domain.com", the following commands can be used in the exact order below to correct this.

1) use test_phpBB;

2) update phpbb_config set config_value='domain.com' where config_name='sitename';

The above changes can be made either from phpmyadmin or from the shell by going to the mysql interface.

Regards,
    Rose
    rose@instacarma.com
    thanks, i was able to get the new forum up and running at the new site following your pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by nocloud
    thanks, i was able to get the new forum up and running at the new site following your pointers.

Thats Great !!!

Cheers,
    Rose
    rose@instacarma.com
    Regards,
    Rose [rose@instacarma.com]
    InstaCarma.com
    24x7 Technical Support and Server Management