Need merchant account ASAP!

Guys, I need a nice company that will let me accept visa/mc etc. and deposit money or mail me a check every week or so, I need this account NOW!

My 2checkout account has gone under and taken money with it
    And I have clients who can not pay me this month, and I can not accept new accounts cause I have no payment gateway, I do not want to use paypal, 2checkout or paysystems

Can you guys tell me where I can get a cheap/very low cost account ASAP?

Thanks a 1,000,000!

--edit--
    I am Canadain, so it would be nice if they work with Canadian banks

Hi Matt,

You may want to check into other threads here in the E-Commerce forum area that have user's experiences using various merchant account companies and providers. There is also a comparison spreadsheet in one of these threads as well.

I'm curious about one thing... you mention your 2CO account has "gone under and taken money with it" - what exactly happened with that, if you don't mind mentioning? Did you have a bunch of chargebacks or ?
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Hi Matt,

For a Canadian Internet Merchant Account provider, you may want to checkout PSIgate.

They arent particularly cheap, but their service is above average and your choices in Canada are faily limited.

Chris brings up an excellent point as well - if youve had a significant number of chargebacks, it may be a little more difficult and costly to set up your account.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

My 2checkout account has gone under and taken money with it
    I was quite curious myself as we are just about to aquire a 2co account.

Check out Paysystems or PSIGate - both based in Canada & should be able to help you out.

I've heard nothing but good things from Canadian merchants using PSIGate so that might be well worth looking into indeed.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

OK, about everyone has asked about my 2checkout account

I bought it here on WHT for $55~ and it had $40~ in it, ok, good deal right? save on the setup and its already active...

Step 2, I ran a few transactions, total of over $300 for the first month (to test it out)

Next thing I know someone reported to 2checkout that the account was stolen (I guess I bought a stolen account?)
    so 2checkout gave them access to the account, (Showing them all my clients transactions!!!)
    And they toke it over, I called, they froze the account and told me I would be given a new account....
    I wait 3 weeks... still nothing

Then I get an email, saying
    "It has been determined that <name> is the rightful owner of the account. It has been turned over to him. We
    have decided it is our best interest to not allow a new account for you. This is not negotiable. Please seek
    processing elsewhere."

From Neva@2checkout.com

That is the story of what happened to my 2checkout account, please noone else ask about it, if you have questions please pm or email me.
    Legal proceedings may be underway, I am currently seeking legal advice.

Now back to the topic, can you guys fill this thread up with some nice places I can get a cheap/under $1000 merchant accounts.

NOT 2checkout.

Honestly, in Canada you are limited.

Checkout PSIgate and Beanstream.

Best of luck in your search
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

What type of prices does PSIgate have?

Hi Matt

Their standard package is $199 Setup
    $49.99 per month
    $0.35/transaction
    3.75%
    (all Canadian Funds)

They recently added low volume package selections

ie)
    Setup fee: $99.00
    Monthly fee: $29.95
    Transaction fee: 0.45¢
    Merchant Discount Rate (MDR): 3.95%

Other things to be aware of...

5% of transactions are held in reserve for 90 days
    1 year contract

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com

Woah, sorry I'm looking for something a little cheaper

I like how 2checkout works, where you pass vars over and they take it from there, same thing with paypal, I want more control over it though, I want it to have a nice and secure system and have low fees, free setup would be a bonus
    I'd also like something that takes a % from the transaction and NOT a monthly fee/yearly

Hi Matt,

The market in Canada, particularly with respect to merchant accounts is considerably different then in the US.

PSIgate is an expensive solution, but it is in line with any other Canadian providers.

may I recommend you check into the possibility of attaining a US merchant account. You will need a US Bank Account and depending on the provider, various other requirements may exist - but, it is possible to get one.

Ask Chris @ cdg commerce - Im sure he will have loads of info on this.

Many of the US providers have fees ALOT less then you would see in Canada...

Best of luck in your search...
    www.cartika.com

I tired to call the number on cdgcommerce's site but I guess he doesn't accept calls from Canada...
    I don't care where it is based, as long as it works

I am thinking about paysystems but I have seen to many bad posts about them

I am also thinking about an old paypal account if worse comes to worse

Anyone know any companys?
    charge.com is a no cause of their requirements (Like $300 software)
    2checkout was prefect, I'm just looking for a third party place, like 2co.. anyone? please fill me in on the companys I do not know about