Question Has anyone heard of the Sierra Wireless AirCard 750?

I saw this on AT&T wireless' site. It's essentially a PCMCIA card that plugs into your laptop and connects to the GSM/GPRS cell network for internet access. If anyone has any info such as speeds and connectivity issues and such, I would appreciate it.

I do it support on the side for a company that uses aircards exclusively for remote access and the only connectivity issues that we've run across so far is the network coverage of whoever the provider is in the area. Speeds are generally ok about the same as dialup (once again this depends on the area the user is in).

Do you know if this will work on linux? On their website, they say it doesn't support linux, yet they have a linux guide for getting it to work.

I have a GSM phone, so I'm within the coverage areas for this product.

Sorry haven't tried it with linux yet. It's on my list of things to do though.

Thanks for your help on this.

I have been using this several times. Pretty handy when you are on the road. However, I think T-Mobile has rather poor coverage/network. While on the road/highway, I can get disconnected from one point to another. Furthermore, their network seems to be very congested with quite a bit of packet losses. On a bad spot, you can get latency as high as 3000 ms (to yahoo.com) with packet losses as high as 50-60%. Very-very bad ... On a good day, your latency (again to yahoo.com) will be around 300-400 ms with close to 0% packet loss.

So I will be looking into ATT, if they do provide better service, it's great...
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

FHDave, have you used this on linux?

no, I am sorry. Besides, I don't think they have the driver for Linux.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I have the Air Card. Use it basically everyday it comes in handy. I use on the Verizon Wireless system.

I don't about Linux either, sorry
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Managed Dedicated since 1999
    sales@certifiedhosting.com
    Toll Free 1.800.547.9995
    http://certifiedhosting.com