Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you remember your first death threat..?

I remember it well for it was ... today.

I Think You People Are Sick.

Someday Honest People Will Kill You and Your Families You Freaking Freaks.

I Wish i could Kill YoU And Your Children And Burn Down Your House.

Well it's ONE way to start a new week. (there must be better ways).

Apparantly the individual had seen one of our 468x60 banners and did not agree with it.

I agree that some people are sick.... Not too sure it's me though..

"Freaking Freaks"? Wow, this guy really knows how to insult, huh? What might this banner have been advertising?

Not really a death threat, but I got some hate mail once because I'd converted an old Lisa computer into an aquarium. The author of the email said I should turn my head into an aquarium and that I was some kind of evil bastage for having the nerve to defile the Lisa in such a manner.

........ allrightythen ..........

Originally posted by bodypainter
    What might this banner have been advertising?
    Well...uhm... webhosting.

Counting the Lisa lover we now have two confirmed nutcases in the world.

You have to be a real nut to love a Lisa computer.

A Lisa computer?

Originally posted by adminME
    A Lisa computer?
    Yes, This One in particular.

Ahhh... those poor little fishies have to live in a microwave.

Sure coming out of the back of a club to load up gear. A gentleman requested my money in a threating manner(money or your life). I informed him that I was a musician and therefore had no money. He was not happy. Meanwhile the guitar come up behind him and hit him the head with a mic stand.

I called a wrong number a few years ago and when I didn't recognize the voice on the other end, I hesitated saying anything for 3-4 seconds (wondering who I'd just called)

I was told by the guy on the other end: "when I find you, I'm going to fu**ing slit your throat and burn your corpse. You're a deadman!"

A few days later, an investigator showed up at my door. As it turns out, the number I had called by freak accident was being tapped by the police..the man who answered was the boyfriend of a woman who was being stalked.

the "stalker" would call from payphones and friends houses and the police wanted to know my connection to the stalker...they even showed me the transcript of the call..

The cops had been watching my family for 3 days. I said:

"before you say anything more, hold on a sec" I ran and got my highschool phone directory, and the employee phone directory of where I worked at the time.

I showed a number of a friend of mine, and the number of a co-worker they were very, very similar (off by 1 digit in fact) and I said:

"I'll bet that the number I called was similar to one of those"

cop said:

"thanks for your time, have a nice day"

My first serious death threat was when I fired a guy in the mid-1980's. I'd have squashed him like a bug.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I managed to track down this individual and gave him a phonecall. The person in question was in school but his father was very helpful. Scratch one internet user for the next month or so.

Good parents still exist.

Pilgrim:

Which banner, BTW? I'm curious.

Hmm... first death threat... it's been quite some time.

Yes... I remember it as if it was yesterday. A guy online by the name of Tim Hoffmeyer threatened to kill me and my family if I call the Recording Industry Association of America for pirated music. Hes made at least 7 death threats against me and my family. He stopped when I started to show him letters I was sending to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office. You'd be surprized how people change they're attitude online when you proscute them for conspriacy to commit murder.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by hostpath.com
    Pilgrim:

Which banner, BTW? I'm curious.
    I left it out on purpose. Knowing WHT a little I was afraid the attention would soon shift from discussing if this kind of behaviour is appropriate to discussions between people argueing about the banner itself

Can't link directly to it without breaking forum rules. But if you look at http://phpbb.com/downloads.php you'll see it there. If it doesn't show up at first hit the refresh button. It's the one with the teddybear. It's also been displayed on WHT for a short while.

Compared to other banners this one is doing very well with a daily clickthrough rate of 0.6% on average with about 20,000 impressions total daily. 0.6% On a banner is ... well... just out of this world!

And just for the record: we do NOT shoot teddybears No teddybears were harmed during the making of this banner. Whenever there were real teddybears around while the banner was created the TBAoA (Teddybear Association of America) was present on the scene supervising all teddybear handlers.

Wbws firmly condones the shooting, mishandling, mutilation and/or all other forms of physical and psychological mistreatment of teddybears.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Yes... I remember it as if it was yesterday. A guy online by the name of Tim Hoffmeyer threatened to kill me and my family if I call the Recording Industry Association of America for pirated music. Hes made at least 7 death threats against me and my family. He stopped when I started to show him letters I was sending to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office. You'd be surprized how people change they're attitude online when you proscute them for conspriacy to commit murder.
    You're helping the RIAA? Shame.

The ad in question is very very funny. Nice work!

The only death threats I normally receive are from drunken deranged people who call 911 (where I happen to work). It's funny how a police officer always contacts these people only minutes after they threaten me.

Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

I liked it, made me giggle.

As for helping the RIAA, my guess is that Kerry probably would rather not have pirated material on the server for the RIAA to find, so the client gets the boot. Just a guess though.

Wow, you know, when i first saw the thread title it sounded to me like you expected people to have them as an every day occurrence, almost like "do you remember the first time you rode a bike" lol but thinking about it, i've had a few, i guess living in London doesn't help though The world we live in eh?
    Hyperconfused (™)

Originally posted by Vox Hosting
    You're helping the RIAA? Shame.
    If Kerry is helping the RIAA, I applaud him!

Pilgrim:

I like the banner. Good show!

My first death threat was when I was accused of hacking into a free hosting customers computer after terminiating their account. 20 minute was in the hands of the police..Never heard anything more

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Who says i'm helping the RIAA? I dislike them, but if you really hate someone and you know they have priated music they can become a very powerful weapon online.
    Kerry Jones

I've had quiet a few, mainly from deranged drunks (why do they always put bars by rodeo grounds) and all around idiots. I've also had my *** threatened several times. No worries there as I don't think I have a nice *** to worry about getting bruised up...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast