Question Best time to buy new computer? (Before or after christmas?)

I need to purchase a new desktop PC computer for my wife. She needs it for the end of February. (She doesn't need it before then.)

Do you think it's better (cheaper) to purchase the computer now? (Before Christmas.)

Or do you think it's better to wait until after Christmas and New Years or finished... perhaps middle of February or so?

She just needs a low-cost machine -- nothing fancy. Budget is around $500 USD maximum, including monitor.

What do you think?
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

It's cheapest is the day after the day after Christmas.
    if ($link == "me")
    {
    echo "
    http://oliviaheart.com";
    }

I think you should wait a little before christmas you will find very cheap offers every where.

Is this also true for online retailers?

The problem is I'm abroad right now (in Europe) and we won't be returning to North America until end of February.

That's why I'm asking...

(I have a USA and Canadian shipping address, so I can have things shipped to either location...)
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Buy a computer & monitor combo. Its much cheaper and I agree that buying right after Christmas is the best idea.

I would wait until after CES in January. Never know what new announcements and new products will be released, leading to older stock being reduced in price to clear out (by both manufacturers and retailers).

Intel are expected to make some significant announcements with new cheaper processor tech
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

I'm not sure it matters now.... Black Friday is more or less a joke. You can get good deals everywhere now.

slickdeals.com ??? I get deals all year.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Best time is always Now. Just check with some shops , Make your mind and buy it.
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    KVM,VMware, XEN VPS, shared hosting , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...472044&CatId=6

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=G180-2300

Your set with that. I have the desktop and it does what most people need it for checking emails,documents,burning cds/dvds, listening to music, watching movies etc. If you got a place to purchase from go ahead but buying from newegg or tigerdirect are your two best bet ..good luck.

just to add the system is VERY quiet since its very small..it fits just about anywhere..the screen i do not have but that one is big and cheap and it will be good. just have both of those connect them and your good..like u said something cheap nothing fancy. if u think u need a bit more ask some of us will give u something to work with.

Buy it now, it will be cheaper, also, in 2010, prices might increase by the inflation rate.
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

Definitely after. I live in the UK and I don't know about anywhere else but there are massive sales on boxing day and then all through January. Good luck finding the one for you.

IF your going to go that route and buy one after Christmas sales are best.

I Would Agree After Christmas Due To The New Years Sales And After Christmas Sales

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    I'm not sure it matters now.... Black Friday is more or less a joke. You can get good deals everywhere now.

slickdeals.com ??? I get deals all year.
    Actually it's Slickdeals.net and it's probably the best advice in this thread.

Don't forget to check out their forum, especially with the desktop tag.

I wonder if this is also applicable to other gadgets. I'm planning to buy a laptop and an iPod as well and was wondering if I should wait after the holiday season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiqueNJ View Post
    I wonder if this is also applicable to other gadgets. I'm planning to buy a laptop and an iPod as well and was wondering if I should wait after the holiday season is over.
    Wait until after CES in January. Intel are releasing new processors for laptops, should be big performance gains

iPod's - there are rumours the touch will have a camera added "soon", but, I don't think there will be much change to the nano or classic at this point, they were updated not too long ago.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Well I just came across an article saying the pc and laptop price will dive after the holiday season, but how much is not ascertained. Since you still have time, take the initiative to search out the best bargain.

Usually it's best to buy anything after Christmas. There are alot of sales and open items around. You should probably wait and just canvas for laptops. You never know you might find a good bargain.