Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Fidpac / Steve Gunnels

here's another fidpac / Steve gunnels story:

I (yes, I'm stupid) signed up for 2 years in January 2003 with him. So in June 2004 I get an email that my account needs to be renewed. 6 months BEFORE it's due date. Now, it's that fun ?? I've yet to hear what he'll say back.

I have to admit, their throughput is pretty good, support has been OK, but it's a big scammer company, that's for sure !
      0 Not allowed!

that is a bad billing team
      0 Not allowed!

shows advanced warning
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Tris-SA
    shows advanced warning
    Could very well be advanced warning. Did they state the "expiration date"? Or are they just letting you know?

Glenn
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet
      0 Not allowed!

no expiration date. He said their records indicated it was time to renew. My original receipt says I renewed in jan 2003 for 2 years...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Charles Deenen
    no expiration date. He said their records indicated it was time to renew. My original receipt says I renewed in jan 2003 for 2 years...
    Could just be a simple mix-up. Send them your payment details and ask them to look in to it.

Glenn
      0 Not allowed!

yeh, I wouldnt say anything bad yet. Humans make mistake... well at least I do
      0 Not allowed!

I was with besthost1.com, a Fidpac/Gunnels operation, for over 3 years. I had billing issues but those were the least of my problems with them.
      0 Not allowed!

man thats too bad!
      0 Not allowed!

Just do a search her for FIDPAC, Gunnels, or super.nu her at WHT for more background information.
      0 Not allowed!

Bad Practice

Somebody who is a member of this forum spammed me and everyone else he could find that had a site hosted this group with the following message:

Your website is hosted at one of the companies managed by FIDELITY-PACIFIC, owned by STEVE GUNNELS.

Steve Gunnels is a well-known SCAMMER, just do a Google search with "Gunnel scam" for example, or look at this thread :

***********web address to a FIDPAC search in this forum************

There has been HUNDREDS of people SCAMMED by this bastard.

Some complaints have been filled at *****another web address*****, do a search for FIDPAC for example.

Tiday, the Revenge: We have hacked some of his servers (We found your websites by this way, hacking the mySQL section... You have a mySQL base there, right ?!).
    We will shutdown the servers of this bastard STEVE GUNNELS, for good, in 2 weeks. That will let the time to YOU, Client, to move to another company.

To find a serious and HONNEST webhosting company, you may read at the boards at *****And another web address*****
    There you will also read HUNDREDS of messages from victims of GUNNELS, BESTHOST1, SUPER.NU, FIDELITY PACIFIC, INTELLIHOSTING, ETC ETC ETC.

We lost a LOT of money with these crooks, and believe me, THEY WILL LOSE A LOT NOW !

Remember: 2 weeks.

Regards,

Steve Gunnels (!)
    "I am a well-known crook"

My guess is that if the sender had the ability to do such, they would have already done it.

I am the owner of a number of domains on FIDPAC and have used them for 5 (five) years. Are they perfect? Nope. Are they good? Yup. Are they cheap? Yup. If some adolescent yahoo phuques with my site am I going do anything about it? You bet your sweet ***.

I hope that his hacking abilities are on par with his spelling abilities, in which case there is not much to worry about. However, if he does manage to stumble in and cause me any harm he will be dealt with.

Sincerely,

Russ Williams
    World Wide Retro dot com
      0 Not allowed!

I suggest you make sure you have a current and valid backup in either case. Never hurts.
    Glenn
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down My own FIDPAC/GUNNELS horror story

Just wanted to add my own horror story about Steve Gunnels and FIDPAC to this list. A bit more detail can be found on my own website, but this forum won't allow me to post the URL.

Anyway, after being hosted successfully with FIDPAC for some two or three years, I decided to upgrade my hosting to one of their 'lifetime' accounts - one lifetime payment, hosting forever. To sweeten the deal and ensure he got my money, Steve Gunnels even offered to upgrade my upgrade to what he termed an 'SDS6' account, which allows me to fully host six separate domains (no domain stacking).

After transferring my three domains to the new server, they copied them straight over as stacked domains because that's what they were on the old server. Trouble is, my sites use a lot of subdomains. These subdomains worked perfectly on the old server (using .htaccess files, so I could add and delete at my leisure). The new server doesn't allow sub-domains under stacked domains, so instantly, all those websites fell over.

So I told him this and asked him to fix it. FOUR MONTHS LATER I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT TO BE FIXED!!!!

I have emailed him on average three or four times a week over those four months. He either tells me it can't be done, or tells me he will asked his tech if it can be done, or asks me what it is I want done, or completely ignores me!!! Each email I send is CC'd to four or five of his email addresses, as well as to my own (and from now on, to my lawyer). For the last three weeks I haven't even received a read receipt from him, let alone a response.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is a SCAMMER AND A CON ARTIST. I warn everyone to avoid him like the plague!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Super.Nu ain't so Super

I hope ya'll don't feel so bad having bought two or three years of hosting from Steve Gunnels, I paid for four. Each year I received a dunn notice that my site would be shut down if I didn't remit payment in very short order. I don't mind billing problems IF they do something to resolve them. The last year he never answered several emails I sent him showing payment being current through the next year. Email is the ONLY way to contact him and if he doesn't answer you are SOL. So I lost about $80 paid for that last year, but more importantly, I lost my email connection and customers thought I had gone out of business. THAT Stinks!!!

Great pricing, good transfers, lousy service, abusive billing, and a big ZERO on response to critical problems.

George
      0 Not allowed!

Angry Gunnels is a thief

I've got quite a few horror stories to tell about Steve Gunnels and Fidpac too. But here's the latest - it's a doozie. And this all happened to ME. You can read about more of my hassles with him at my website.

This time, they stole money from me. No other way to put it. They stole money from me, and cannot bring themselves to pay it back.

In October, Fidpac withdrew $99 USD from my credit card. They had no right to do so. They did not have the authority to do so. It was illegal. It was theft.

When I complained to them, they told me that it was the standard annual fee for the Shared Dedicated Service (SDS) that I was receiving from them. There are two problems with that. First, my account was only 7 months old at that time, so there was no way any annual payment for anything could have been due. And secondly, the SDS package that I was using was offered to me by them FREE FOR LIFE. Yes, that's right - they had offered me this web hosting deal with a once-only-lifetime payment, and the SDS was part of the package. So I had already paid for it, for life. I would never have to pay them anything ever again.

But still they illegally withdrew $99 USD from my credit card account. And they will not pay it back.

Oh they've offered to, twice, and then failed to do it. Steve Gunnels himself said that he would deposit it back, and didn't. I suggested he send me a cheque, or a $100 bill by mail, and for reasons known only to himself he was unable to do that. He suggested he could wire it directly to my bank if I gave him my bank details. Get real Steve - you just stole $99 USD from my credit card, do you honestly think I'm going to give you my bank account details????

So here it is, three months later, and now Steve Gunnels is refusing to answer my emails again. I get no replies. No response. I complain to the FBI again, and it seems to make no difference to him. The guy is a crook, and a thief.

At all costs - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STEVE GUNNELS, FIDPAC, SUPER.NU OR ANY COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH HIM/THEM.

I've already submitted two complaints to the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Centre. I remain hopeful that the FBI will actually do something about these crooks, as they have promised to do.

According to the domain registration details listed for hostingservicesllc, his contact details are:

Hosting Services, L.L.C.
    103 Centre Road
    Wilmington, DE 19805
    US

And for Fidpac.com, the contact details are:

FIDPAC
    15814 Champion Forest Drive
    Suite 310
    Spring, Texas 77379
    US

Gunnels, Steve fidelity@fidpac.com
    15814 Champion Forest Drive
    Suite 310
    Spring, Texas 77379
    US
    281-315-8850 Fax: 281-754-4750

Odd, isn't it? One of his companies is in Texas, another is in Delaware, and BestHost1 is in Canada!!!! This guy really doesn't want to be found!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE CROOKS!
      0 Not allowed!

It's funny that this thread came back to life at this time. I --- just today --- got a phone call from Steve Gunnels himself left on my answering machine. He wants to know if I'm going to renew my package. I guess he's talking about the one I took away from him 14 months ago (I had a shared account with 'besthost1.com' - a Gunnel company for several years). I didn't call him back but if anyone wants a toll-free number that might go to 'ole Steve himself let me know and I'll post it here tomorrow when I get to work.
      0 Not allowed!

* What?!? A way to contact Steve Gunnels other than by email?!?

Yes!! Absolutely!! Post the number here, and maybe some of us might be able to get in contact with the ******* that refuses to answer our emails!!

(Probably won't be much good to me, being outside the USA.)
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry for the delay, but here it is.

877-231-9303

Note that I didn't return his call so I can't guarantee what or who will answer that number. Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bodypainter
    Sorry for the delay, but here it is.

877-231-9303

Note that I didn't return his call so I can't guarantee what or who will answer that number. Good luck!
    The phone number works, but the vmail box is full.

I am probably the most gullible target of Steve Gunnel's scams. Despite the fact that I paid $$$$$ to have "Lifetime Hosting" he still manages to find some method to ding me every 6 to 8 months for $99 to $139.

Even still, Hosting Services LLC seems to have vanished on 07.17.05, along with my database, email accounts, and web site.

Numerous email go unanswered and phone numbers don't work.
    How is it this guy can exist, yet no one can contact him?
      0 Not allowed!

So do you think he's done a runner? Yes, I note that the HostingServicesLLC.com domains are no longer responding, but they are still registered to him at

Services LLC, Hosting info@corporate.com
    103 Centre Road
    Wilmington, DE 19805
    US
    800-877-4334

It expires in September of this year.

I strongly urge you to lodge a complaint at the FBI's Internet Fraud Compaint Centre (I'd give you the URL but this system won't let me post it - ifccfbi with a dot gov on the end!). I've lodged three complaints against him, but I haven't heard of any action as yet.

I note that an old Gunnels company, besthost1, is now registered to a Daniel Levesque. This could be the 'Dan' that was the only person to help me out with a technical problem I was having with Gunnel's hosting package. But I've also heard that Gunnels' son's name is Dan, so I can't be sure.

There is a photo of Gunnels available at gunnels dot org.
      0 Not allowed!

I've got one, but I'll make it quick because there seem to be so many. My site was running "smoothly" on Fidpac for several years, when suddenly Steve decides to "upgrade" his servers. Well low and behold my site is completely crippled by his upgrade (which I warned him might have an effect on my site, to no avail). I am left trying to recover the site, while Gunnels is too busy to help out.. I would suspect he caused many problems and I was the least of his worries. Since I moved servers there have been plenty of upgrades and these have done nothing to this site. I truely hope Gunnels and Fidpac go down hard as a result of the horrible reputation he has earned himself.
      0 Not allowed!

Steve Gunnels horror story

I'm in a big mess here. As a web developer, I have set up hosting with fidpac.com aka super.nu (and others) - aka Steve Gunnels, for approx 38 individual web sites / clients. These hosting agreements are all long term, most being 4 and 6 years, with 4 lifetime agreements, all paid in advance. I've done business with Steve since 2002 and although he is slow to respond regarding support, sooner or later my assorted problems were solved, and we would continue forward as I continuously brought in new clients. Now I have 2 sites down, several more are 'acting up' and Steve hasn't responded to any of his contact phone numbers or email accounts. In a google search, I find I am not the only one. I did file a report with ifccfbi dot gov, but I doubt anything can be done.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi. Figured I'd post here after being screwed out of 2 years for my site by good old Steve.
    I linked up with Besthost1 a while ago (back in 2002) and did a package for 6 years. After my site went down I tried going to Besthost1 to see what was up and was provided with a message from Dan Levesque concerning the whole thing.
    It says besthost1 was just refering data to the Steve's network and evidently some **** happened.

Needless to say I'm kind of pissed (as I lost some data due to this).

Well, I went ahead and emailed Dan asking politely what happened (Dan was the only person who ever helped me out on issues with my site in the past) and actualy got a reply back from him.

He then gave me a call and we talked on the phone for a good while (Mostly I listened as he talked about how much of an as steve was.)

Dan has evidently set up a new site himself as well, serverconnectix. Given his helpfull track record I'm considering signing up with him... however I'm a little hesitant for the following reasons:

1. serverconnectix looks a bit much like the old site. Dan mentioned this himself and said he used a templete from the old site.
    2. I had talked with Steve on the phone in the past (when he tried to sell me an upgrade to my domain and refused to send me it in writting) and while I don't completely recall how he sounded, I had a kind of reconization between the two voices..they also both are fast talkers. This might however just be me being overly suspicous at anyone who calls me up. and the whole situation itself. (Dan does have a canidan accent, and when I asked him if he was located in Arizonia he said no, he was located in Canada.. which is where I'd expect him to be.)
    3. Dan's new site's whois info is registered through a proxy. I'm hesitant about that kind of thing.

I'd like to give him a shot, because he really has helped me out in the past, and I think he'd do a good job, but it's still a little fishy.

Either way, I'm not going to make any descision right away. I'll definitatly do some more research and look into the whole thing.. but I did want to let others know about it.
      0 Not allowed!

WOW This guy sounds worse than good ol Scott Buyers of Cybrex/CT Global back in 99

Sorry to all I know it really makes it hard...
    NameHero® - Fast Web Hosting & Domains Made Easy
    +40,000 web hosting and domain customers
    Awarded Inc. 5000’s fastest growing private companies in America in 2022 and 2023
      0 Not allowed!

Unhappy Painting Dan with the same brush

Hi dtmx and thanks for the additional info.

Yeah, it was probably this Dan Levesque that helped me out too, though I never learned his last name. I heard on another forum that Steve Gunnels' son's name was also Dan, so that made me suspicious. But this Dan was very helpful and managed to get my SDS account up and running - which was more than Steve Gunnels managed to do for about three months.

I note that the registrar Levesque is using for serverconnectix is the same one used for besthost1. Which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know besthost1 as a former Gunnels company, even though it appears Levesque was running it most recently for some time.

The sad thing for me is - although Gunnels couldn't offer me tech support if it saved his life, and although he illegally withdrew money from my credit card and refused to pay it back, and although he keeps spamming me with irrelevent emails and offers to 'upgrade' my account - my websites have actually been running smoothly and with little interruption for quite a while now. These tales of sites on hostingservicesllc servers closing down, however, is really making me nervous!!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast