Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question srcds web based control panels

Hi everyone,

What good packages are there available for srcds (Valve Source engine dedicated server) on a *nix system?

So far Google has revealed:

hldStart is moving to Open Game Panel

UGCC

GameCP

GamePanelX

Do you have any experience with any of these or others? If so, please do share

I'm the author of UGCC, if you have any questions or would like a 60 day trial license please let me know on my forums (username is masher). The software is also available to you from the downloads area so you can atleast install it and look around. For it to be fully functional you'll need a license, a trial license is free a real license is only a one time $15 fee.
    Web based control panel for managing game servers (or any program). Affordable, no monthly fees. Works with Win/Linux/BSDs. www.brainless.us

SWIFT Panel is another web based game control panel

IGC is another.

have used this, does the job.

im currently working on my own free one to support different game engines too.

TCAdmin is Windows only

More packages:

SCInterface

Cortex Control Panel (looks rather dated)

Game Create

which are the GOOD ones? heh
    Map & Web Hosting
    URLdownload.com

I'd say TCAdmin for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by powergsp View Post
    I'd say TCAdmin for sure.
    sure your not self promoting? - just read our other thread and it sounds odd...

however yes TCAdmin is good however its only for windows.

SRCDS games work on linux aswell so dont just focus on one control panel shop around and make the move depending on your budget.

No...? I've been using TCAdmin for 1 year and their product and support have been great. Other game server providers (fpsgs, velocity-servers, ezserverz, smokin-servers, defcon servers, magnirack, hypernia and more) also use TCAdmin because of the companies good reputation. However, i understand the need to focus on different panels around your budget, i was just putting my two cents in.

Quote Originally Posted by AlxCds View Post
    which are the GOOD ones? heh
    From what I can see... SWIFT Panel is the best.

If you need billing etc. I'd wait for their new release that will have that.

Otherwise I guess some of the others are good but they're not as nice looking in my opinion.

However, for the price game servers as worth these days unless you create your own its not very cost effective with a lot of these control panels unless you host a lot of them.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by coeplicltd View Post
    However, for the price game servers as worth these days unless you create your own its not very cost effective with a lot of these control panels unless you host a lot of them.

Right?
    Some of them seem fairly reasonable to me.

You certainly could not get someone to code something just as good at a cheaper rate.

If you know how to do it yourself, sure then go ahead and do that but there is still fair return on your investment if you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by cAPTAIN^k View Post
    From what I can see... SWIFT Panel is the best.

If you need billing etc. I'd wait for their new release that will have that.

Otherwise I guess some of the others are good but they're not as nice looking in my opinion.

Is there a date on the new release yet?

Thanks
    Chang

Quote Originally Posted by ChangHosting View Post
    Is there a date on the new release yet?

Thanks
    Chang
    They're working on having something out fairly soon by the looks, have a read about it here

They're working on having something out fairly soon by the looks, have a read about it here
    I don't see where you get "fairly soon" out of that thread. They actually said Swift Panel is on hold due to other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    I don't see where you get "fairly soon" out of that thread. They actually said Swift Panel is on hold due to other projects.
    Take a closer look, I have copied the relevant information and highlighted the parts that lead me to believe "fairly soon" is quite accurate:

Re: ETA on next Swiftpanel 1.51 Upgrade

Postby Will on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 pm

[...] 1.51 or 1.60 will do into production and hopefully only take 1 week as soon as we finish the billing and launch our new website. [...]

Postby apex on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 am

So whats the new ETA on the complete billing

Postby Will on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Sorry, Swift Panel is currently working on a "secret project" that I will be able to reveal to the public in the coming weeks. This "project" sort of put a halt into the pervious ETA of the next releases. I will try to get everyone more information ASAP.
    Oh, btw - I don't work for any of these companies. I am just interested in their products

I too keep an eye on swiftpanel and if I was to guess what the secret project was id say it was somthing related to swiftpanel i wouldnt say its somthing different.

I would guess and say its more than likely a module for whmcs as there has been talk about it on there forums and when you actually look at the design and functionality of there demo panel it functions pretty much like it already.

Plus they are busy working on a billing intergreation aswell WHICH might I add the general public asked for...which other control panel provider listens to there clients requests lol. dont see much of it about tbh.

cAPTAIN^k,

I only see multiple delays since the post on Feb 1. Betcha the new release is not completed until some time this summer at the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    Betcha the new release is not completed until some time this summer at the earliest
    Which summer is that?

It is currently Autumn where I live...

whatever there doing / making im sure it will be worth the wait. doesnt mean to say they have stop supporting there customers in the mean time.

heh, they sure are taking their time...

heh, they sure are taking their time...
    I take it by that comment you have submitted a support ticket and waiting on a response?

by reading through the forums...yesterday...I see many people still think the ideal place for support is there forum lol. makes me laugh when u see people posting there IP/PASSWORD info up lol. crazy.

I'm not a customer of theirs so I'm not terribly concerned, just an observation.

I have to admit their CP is lacking in quite a few areas so it will be interesting to see what they bring with the next update.

As a casual observer, I think it might be a bit overkill to submit a ticket

I'm not a customer of theirs so I'm not terribly concerned, just an observation.

I have to admit their CP is lacking in quite a few areas so it will be interesting to see what they bring with the next update.

As a casual observer, I think it might be a bit overkill to submit a ticket
    sorry but without 'testing' their support. e.g. using somthing different then a public forum post(s) I dont see how you can observe anything relating to support wise.

again like you not a client so I cant verify anything either - however I have posted on there forum and noticed they do reply to threads quickly. (this was done several months ago, dont know the state of play with replys now.)

just dont want to see another company get flamed without further proof of the pudding so to speak.

however fully agree with you, there control panel does lack some shall we say detailed administrative featureas, which is why im working on my own take on a gaming panel.

one thats not so expensive either as the others, its not exactually rocket science to make a database interface with a backend server im supprised theres not a mass market of game panels as there are web hosts lol. - I guess people are too lazy to search around on google who knows lol.

perhaps I might write a tutorial on it after ive made mine who knows, then again I might not might spoil the traffic to my free panel.

Saying that, im still on the easy stages of the panel yet im just starting to get to grips with tuffer security measures so im kinda learning as I go along with the help of a few friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast