Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisDoug View Post
    Jules had listed on a single website that he was the owner. He was not publically masquerading as the owner, and on no other websites did he list himself as such, nor did he ever appear to make any claims to anyone that he was. People seem to be currently looking for any little piece of information to discredit it. Whilst that is your perogative, I can assure you that you are looking for something that is not there.
    So, he's not the owner like Linkedin & several other sites state, including 3rd party review sites like http://www.webhostingreviews.com/thi...st-reviews.htm -- correct?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Pardon me while I continue suspecting you're pulling a Kaumil.
    I have no idea what the reference is, nor do I care to.

You've seemingly already made up your mind.

Webhostingreviews requires that you register as an "Owner" of the company in order to respond to previous feedback. There is nothing suspicious about that at all.

Next pitch-fork please?

I looks like jules realized he has done wrong and is now trying to do damage control, acting like he doesn't own the company.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Jules/Robinson

edit: here's a picture of his linked in that was changed just today. Literally two hours ago. ( http://i.imgur.com/miyOB.png )
    Last edited by reject; 08-17-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Jules doesn't own the company. If you would like proof, feel free to contact Companies House and pay for information on each of the shareholders.

Somehow I feel that even if you did so, you would still find some way to claim otherwise.

Update the ownership of the domain and be done with it already
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

It's something we'll no doubt get around to. As you can imagine, we've been... a little busy =)

Jules doesn't own the company. If you would like proof, feel free to contact Companies House and pay for information on each of the shareholders.

Somehow I feel that even if you did so, you would still find some way to claim otherwise.
    Can you ask him why two hours ago it said he was owner of the company on his linkedin?

This is good.

Got some more
    ██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.comFacebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle

Quote Originally Posted by reject View Post
    Can you ask him why two hours ago it said he was owner of the company on his linkedin?
    No. I didn't come here to be grilled over the actions of someone else and I refuse to continue to do so. I came here to respond to the OP and discuss any questions regarding the incident.

If you wish to obtain full knowledge about the company, I suggest you do what anyone else with an interest does and purchases the information from the registrar. I, however, am not your punching bag.

No. I didn't come here to be grilled over the actions of someone else
    This "someone else" has represented your company for years in a rather significant fashion (i.e. claiming to be the owner)...declining to comment on this at all seems a bit shady to me.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    This "someone else" has represented your company for years in a rather significant fashion (i.e. claiming to be the owner)...declining to comment on this at all seems a bit shady to me.
    They have not claimed to be the owner. If they had, you would have far more "evidence" than the 2 websites you have found, surely? It's listed on those websites that they were, presumably so that they have the privileges necessary to do what they needed to do.

You may consider this shady, I do not. But then you are the ones holding the pitch-forks.

Seeing how ThisDoug has only been registered on this forum for the span of this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually jules.

This is just further proof that people need to stay away from this company.

That's no real surprise, considering I only took an active customer facing role today and was asked to register on these forums. Conspiracy? Of course!

That's no real surprise, considering I only took an active customer facing role today and was asked to register on these forums. Conspiracy? Of course!
    Next time, instead of creating a fake persona, just play it off you're selling the company to another party. Might be a little more believable.

It isn't going to matter what the outcome of the information request to your government is -- the point being, is you're still dancing around the questions and really doing Thiswebhost a disservice for no reason.

I suspect what'll be found out in the end is that while Jules isn't owner on paper, he is & has been representing the company in full -- however isn't at an age where he can legally register a company (or wasn't at the time of conception). In order to save face whomever is the real "stockholder" has arrived to "turn things around".

It wouldn't take much to take a bad situation & make it nice -- provide Boris with a backup of his account / data so he's not out ~20+ hours of design work and the internet'll leave your little shop of horrors alone.

Either way, the sleuths are now on the job.

WOW.

So first your here to do damage control and now your upset at answering a few simple questions.

Telling someone to look you up is a defensive move.

So here's how it plays out;

1. some more arguing

2. a few more things people find that don't add up

3. wht account gets disabled

This is my 3rd
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups

Quote Originally Posted by reject View Post
    Next time, instead of creating a fake persona, just play it off you're selling the company to another party. Might be a little more believable.
    That's libel. I presume you have proof?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I suspect what'll be found out in the end is that while Jules isn't owner on paper, he is & has been representing the company in full..
    Thank you for proving my point. Basically, there's nothing I or we can do to satisfy you regarding the ownership. Further discussion at this point is clearly a waste of time, so I'll chose to spend my time much more constructively.

Thank you for proving my point. Basically, there's nothing I or we can do to satisfy you regarding the ownership. Further discussion at this point is clearly a waste of time, so I'll chose to spend my time much more constructively.
    You blame us?

No what way you try and spin it, this looks shady.

1. Jules registering a domain even though he's not owner of the company is like asking a janitor to take out a lease for a store front he'll be working for.

2. Jules stating he's the owner of the company in his linked in. When the new story(damage control blog post) is added. This "new person" thisdoug comes into the equation, jules then takes the time to login to his linkedin and remove/change his status.

Right, it's the sequence of events here which just seems odd. The lack of any explanation doesn't make sense either. A truly legitimate company would just have nothing to hide and offer full clarification on the matter. I don't see why that's such a problem for them, unless they're hiding something.

Because he is the technical director and that's his job, to oversee the technical aspects of the company?
    He has been the owner since early 2008 according to whois. A long time to pose as the owner. Makes you wonder why the real owner is hiding doesn't it.

Hmm, after reading this thread i came upon this decision,
    This post is getting off-topiv
    What the OP is claiming has nothing to do against the ownership of the service. As long as there is some one representing the company it self, this is all that matters.
    Remember this is online, I can go on Linkedin and claim my self as the owner of WHT but that does not make me the owner, I can have a domain registered by a friend of mine, But does not make him the owner of my domain. You guys get my point. Lets work on solving the clients issue instead of bashing who/what owns the company and so on
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    What the OP is claiming has nothing to do against the ownership of the service. As long as there is some one representing the company it self, this is all that matters.
    Remember this is online, I can go on Linkedin and claim my self as the owner of WHT but that does not make me the owner, I can have a domain registered by a friend of mine, But does not make him the owner of my domain. You guys get my point. Lets work on solving the clients issue instead of bashing who/what owns the company and so on
    It became relevant to the matter when all of a sudden Jules "stepped down" from handling public matters in the company, and another person was supposedly brought in. This all seems rather shady in the sequence in which it happened, which is why even anon-e-mouse, a Community Leader here, seems to be looking into this.

Does it really matter who registered the domain and who says who owns the company? Back to the topic at hand:

To ThisDoug, Jules, and the rest of the ThisWebHost team: All of this would have been solved with a proper apology and compensation for the lost data. That didn't happen (as far as I know). What I saw was more of the same stubborn attitude (more from Jules).

I read the blog post. The attitude that came through in the post really didn't help your situation at all. I suggest to take a deep breath, calm down, and rewrite it with a clear mind.

If you really, really work hard to make this right, I believe the damage can be reversed. It can be done. Good luck to you and I hope you and your team make better decisions in the future.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    I can go around and tell some people I host WHT, but to consciously go around posting this lie on multiple sites is lying.

It's as bad as offering unlimited hard drive space, more lies. I hope he doesn't go around lying to his customers like he his now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast