Please someone help me!!!

Hello,

It appears that your account was the cause of the server's overload. We saw hundreds of processes running under your account.

We had no choice but to suspend your account.

We can offer you to migrate to VPS as we cannot host your account on a shared hosting server.

Thank you for your understanding.

this is my 4th host...how can i always overload a server and I have a simple forum?

I have a premodded www.integramod.com

thousnads of people have them..and never have these many problems..can someone please help me?
    Last edited by Trag; 08-19-2005 at 04:13 PM.

Well if this is your 4th host, maybe its time to look into a VPS or a small dedicated server....

How many people visit your forum at once? How big is the forum?

man it's a simple premodded...most peole that have it are all in shared hosting and have no prblems!!!!!

Do they tell you which script (whatever.php) is hogging the resources? Are you pulling in many RSS feeds maybe? How many users do you have, and how many do you average online at one time?
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

If yo had had 4 different hosts all telling you the same thing, they might be right. Perhaps either the software is heavy on the resource usage or you have a lot of people and need more than a shared account for your forum.

Step #1:
    Do some research on the forum software. If you find that there is a problem with that, change software.

Step#2:
    If it's not the software, chances are the hosts you have had were right and you need a VPS. I wouldn't necessarily panic though, a decent VPS is not all that expensive.

You can check out ServInt.com's VPS offers and see if you can make that work. I know they are a reliable provider and you could end up quite happy with them...

i had 235 members...i mean and the premodded was www.integramod.com they evne told me they don;t even us ethat much space....and now i'm lost...and bitter!!! half the people using im on shared hosting

For 235 members I don't think you need a dedicated server.

Look for a better, and reputable host you can find in this Forum, if they still suspend your account, I'm sure they can give you a better explaination to solve your problem.

space is probably not the issue, but traffic. 235 members is quite the load on anything less than a dedicated server.

one thing you could try is limiting avatar sizes and allowing off site images.. don't let them post to your server as you'll take the brunt of the bandwidth load.

check out the guys in my sig, they have some pretty nifty plans that allow for alot of traffic.

SQL queries: 33

^That says enough for me.

And 70 on the forum view!

That is a hell of a lot of queries!

If you really need all those mods, then you will need at least a VPS, but chances are you don't need all those mods. Try looking into SMF.
    Last edited by BaselineAce; 08-19-2005 at 06:53 PM.
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

Find a host or a webmaster that will look at your site and find whats going on....

I will be happy to look at it

Originally posted by BaselineAce
    SQL queries: 33

^That says enough for me.

And 70 on the forum view!

That is a hell of a lot of queries!

Which is exactly why the software needs to be evaluated first. If the software is inefficient or poorly written then you cannot fault the hosts for wanting to suspend your site.

Talk to your last host and see if they will help you change the software for your forum.

WELL....I'M LOST FOR WORDS...I GOT MY RECENT BACK UP..MY QUESTION IS...I DON'TT WANT TO LOSE MY MEMBERS....BUT I DO WANT TO GET ANOTHER PREMODDED FORUM... CAN MY MEMBERS BE TRANSFERED?

Dedicated servers are so cheap now. If you forum is that active you can make enough off banner ads to pay for the server.

You could probably convert your board to an unmodded phpBB or other board relatively easily.
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

where do i start?