Check This Out :)

Browse around this clowns site...

http://www.mxhub.net/

Then look at ours...

http://www.hostrocket.com

This isnt meant to be an ad or anything, but see any similarities... anything we can do about this? Check out their support page. They didnt even bother to change the text let alone the pictures we have to pay to use that they stole...

-Brendan
    Last edited by hostrocket; 05-15-2001 at 12:06 AM.

talk about weird...when I click on that site, my browser has a 6 beside the back, forward and mail buttons at the top. three 6's...hmmm

Weird I say!
    Allen
    Administrator
    www.f5hosting.com
    info@f5hosting.com

Brendan, it might be comforting to know that imitators rarely make it. It will come back to haunt him.

However, if you want to do something about it, you can contact their provider? GemSoft

person: Mark Johnson
    address: 28 Furnival Gate
    address: Sheffield
    address: S1 4QP
    phone: +44 114 275 7070
    fax-no: +44 114 272 5353
    e-mail: MJohnson@gemsoft.net

I think they will act if yo present them with the URL's.
    I had one reseller once who copied another company's site, word for word, even the images! needless to say,
    the account was immediatly closed.

Just send them an email stating that have already contacted your attorney and you will be serving them with papers if they don't change their site format within 24 hours.....that usually does the trick.
    Alex B.

I will suggest to contact attorney and inform them about this, otherwise they will copy someoneelse website. These people can't help it out and therefore should be punished for thier deeds.
    Sanjay Sharma
    M6.Net - Multi-sites hosting account on Windows 2003
    ASP.Net, PHP, SQL 2000, MySQL, MS Access, FrontPage
    Prompt and Professional support - Need anything else?

This has actually been been brought up before and mxhub posted a response about it, however useful it may be... I would definately not say it's reason to copy anothers design.

From mxhub...

I strongly respected Hostrocket for their great services since i was one of their customers before. So, perhap i may have admire their hostrocket too much that i took some design idea from them? don't mind?
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ght=hostrocket

Nice way to admire. Sorry no offense but it is called stealing. They should ask for the permission from RocketHost before.

RocketHost - If I would be in your place would have given some time to them to remove the copied stuffs (... informing atorrney, no would have given one chance in this case.)
    Sanjay Sharma
    M6.Net - Multi-sites hosting account on Windows 2003
    ASP.Net, PHP, SQL 2000, MySQL, MS Access, FrontPage
    Prompt and Professional support - Need anything else?

he uses a word that scares me => unlimited
    back from the dead

I wonder how many hits we lose to rockethost.com

-Brendan

There's more plagiarism than just "design inspiration"--most of the text is ripped off verbatim.

Have you tried simply contacting the guy, explaining that you've put a lot of work into your site, and asking him politely to remove the copied text? I know people stealing your hard work is upsetting, but the "polite" route might just solve your problem and--assuming it works--is probably better in the long run than angry threats of legal action right off the bat.

One other thing, the image on your "Network Info" page is broken.

This is really too much, they're over doing it too obviously.

But.. If presuming one of your reseller copied (something similar as the above website) your entire website for use to sell your products, would you consider it stealing? or would your company grant such permission for use?

I had contacted and apologised to brendan from HR for taking designs from his site and we plan to change our site slightly differently,just to avoid crash again.

hum.....

This is kinda like .....*coughTACIDcoughcough*........

Not saying that their the same, just use the same technique for 'designing' webpages!!
    Colin

Not related to tacid if you want to know. We are planning to change our site slightly differently,just to avoid crash again.

when people are Sad / Desperate / Un-Inventive / Boring, then these things happen, many people simply browse the net for hours looking to rip off sites!

I kind of hoped mine was original tho, even if it is slow loading (http://xtroot.com) - please dont contact me for hosting as this is just a test page and most of it doesnt work!, lol - im just learning Fireworks!!
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

Yep, it definitely happens. We've had the same experience as Brendan, in fact. People have lifted design (in whole or in part), graphics, support documents (in whole, without asking..grrr), and so on. Just think, though - eventually someone questions why things are so similar between two sites, and posts in a forum just like this one (cf. that thread referenced previously about Tacid, and so on). Hard to hide such theft in the hosting world.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Re: hum.....

Originally posted by Dogma
    This is kinda like .....*coughTACIDcoughcough*........

Not saying that their the same, just use the same technique for 'designing' webpages!!
    Did anyone check to see if Guadalupe Milk works for this host, too?
    http://forums.webhostdir.com/
    All your hosts are belong to us

his "signup now" buttons are from ***** too.....

Just thought I might add that....

Exclamation Okay.....

Come on people, design your own sites and design them well!! Especially if you offer web design services!! This is why the US has a reputation for cr*ppy websites. Guess what, it really isn't that hard!! ( I hear a big gasp ) Also, WTF is w/ all the pictures of ppl taken from a fricken ladder?!?!?! I'm sorry, its just that it really isn't that hard to design a nice site, or at least make a bad one that IS YOURS!! Sorry, I'm just getting a little hot (its hot and late)
    Colin

I've do a nameserver lookup on Mxhub.net, but i don't read this kind of codes very well (pardon me a dns newbie), does it mean that Mxhub is part of donhost or a reseller or anything related?

-------------------------------------------
    Hostname: mxhub.net
    IP Address: 195.10.228.132
    Decimal Address: 3272270980
    -------------------------------------------

;; res options: init recurs defnam dnsrch
    ;; got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 4
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2
    ;; QUERY SECTION:
    ;; mxhub.net, type = NS, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    mxhub.net. 23h35m14s IN NS ns1.donhost.co.uk.
    mxhub.net. 23h35m14s IN NS ns2.donhost.co.uk.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.donhost.co.uk. 3h29m41s IN A 62.232.63.121
    ns2.donhost.co.uk. 20h5m48s IN A 195.10.228.132

;; Total query time: 1 msec
    ;; WHEN: Thu May 24 19:16:52 2001
    ;; MSG SIZE sent: 27 rcvd: 108

Yes. We are reseller of donhost.

Talking

I often get inspiration from looking at other websites. Dont copy there entire site if i like something on a site i may adapt it a bit to fit in with my style but you can't tell me people don't do that?.

I've noticed other hosts have .... not causing trouble but look at hostmatters logo? .... remember tera-byte's old one? i think they got inspiration from there logo. Nothing wrong with the odd bit that looks the same just not full copying.

I could name a few hosts on this board that have direct copies of each others sites.

MXHub if you need help with a design shoot me an en email ... won't cost you anything im looking to build my portfolio . Hope im not breaking any rules with this last statement.

THanks for your offer. We are now under going a new design for our site.

I don't know what is worse. The infringement or the fact he also takes inspiration from the worlds #%#$@@@ web host CI. :-)

Don't let people use your hard work. Force him to remove it now. If you want to see results, e-mail their host and do the following -

---------------------------------------
    Include in your notification the following information
    1) A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf (the "Claimant")
    2) Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed
    3) Identification of the material claimed to infringe the copyright(s), and enough information for their host to locate it
    4) The Claimant's name, address, and telephone number(s)
    5) A statement that the Claimant has a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner or his agent
    6) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification of copyright infringement is accurate and that the Claimant is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
    ---------------------------------------

This is the guidelines set by the DMCA. Once their host sees this, they will take it down.

Originally posted by MxHub
    Yes. We are reseller of donhost.
    It stated on your website that your services guarantee 99.5% uptime on all sites. I'm sorry, i don't seem to understand this, previously i've contacted donhost regarding their uptime issued, but they replied that they don't promise uptime guarantee for their reseller package (please update me if i'm wrong, it had been weeks since they reply) unless it's delicated server (99.99++ or so whatever).