Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody having problems with EZPZHosting?

Hello,

I had been with EZPZ a year, pretty good the first half, but now they have neglected some of their compromises... Sadly about one month my clients started having problems with website speeds (they say because of DDOSes), my account had been through 3 different servers, because their method of resolving problems is just move the client across servers, it seems they don't care if the server get slow... so if you do not complain, you and your clients are lost.

Already one of my clients is getting their peruvian visitors blocked, EZPZ blame their ISP, and after a migration from one EZPZ server to another, my WHMCS install stopped sending emails through SMTP.

Now is not easy for me to trust them. I'm really disappointed of them.

I want switch to a provider that does not have problems with server speeds, do not block entire countries arbitrarily and not to turn a deaf ear, and really take into account the customer when a problem occurs, and give a real solution.

Someone want to be that provider?, or at least have an idea of whom can be? Anyone having problems with EZPZ, that had in mind to leave them?

Thanks
    Last edited by SteeLeR; 04-25-2012 at 09:48 AM.

I remember your ticket, the tracert you provided was failing well before it got to our network and we don't block any countries from our network.

A number of servers are currently being replaced with new hardware. I've not checked which one you're currently hosted on but it's likely it'd flagged for replacement.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the service, best of luck with your new host.

Well, I really like your concern when I post on WHT, what I dislike is that you do now, and not before. My WHMCS is not sending emails trough SMTP, and you know and WHMCS team knows is not a WHMCS problem. I've tested the same configuration on US7, and it worked, also, the visitors had access on Us7, So, I would like to know why SMTP is not connecting to Google and not sending on Us8, I'm sending you a log through WHMCS.
    Last edited by SteeLeR; 04-25-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeLeR
    it seems they don't care if the server get slow... so if you do not complain, you and your clients are lost.
    In the same breath, you are saying that they don't care if the server gets slow but before that you say they moved your clients to a new server BECAUSE the server was slow so where do you see they did not care??

I can also say one thing for sure! EZPZ would NEVER block an ENTIRE country(Peru) from their network. That is just dumb. sorry.
    "and after a migration from one EZPZ server to another, my WHMCS install stopped sending emails through SMTP. "
    Teething problems when moving between servers is normal. Firstly, I would not complain about moving to a new server! If I experience small problems like this then I would understand it to be normal on a new server. When I was moved to my new server, I also had a lot of problems that were FAAR larger than a simple mail sending problem. I WISH I experienced only a mail sending problem.

I think you are being a bit hard on EZPZ. I don't think that their stability has been up to good standards since I started with them but the problems you mention here do not sound like anything to be caused by EZPZ themselves but correctly stated by Dan, probably the ISP or the country's network infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvyreen View Post
    In the same breath, you are saying that they don't care if the server gets slow but before that you say they moved your clients to a new server BECAUSE the server was slow so where do you see they did not care??
    Because I had to submit a ticket and then they offered to move my account, is always the same, if server got slow, they say: "Do you want us to move your account to another server?"...

I can also say one thing for sure! EZPZ would NEVER block an ENTIRE country(Peru) from their network. That is just dumb. sorry. Teething problems when moving between servers is normal. Firstly, I would not complain about moving to a new server! If I experience small problems like this then I would understand it to be normal on a new server. When I was moved to my new server, I also had a lot of problems that were FAAR larger than a simple mail sending problem. I WISH I experienced only a mail sending problem.
    Yep, is normal, but it IS a problem, my clients gets their emails flagged as SPAM, so they NOT receive our communications when WHMCS sends through PHPmail, and is almost impossible to resend all the emails not sent on WHMCS, so, if you think, IT IS a big problem...
    I think you are being a bit hard on EZPZ. I don't think that their stability has been up to good standards since I started with them but the problems you mention here do not sound like anything to be caused by EZPZ themselves but correctly stated by Dan, probably the ISP or the country's network infrastructure.
    Yep, probably, but the point is that they did not give a solution... is good to offer, atleast, a migration to other network, like Dallas or something, where Peru is getting access.

Because I had to submit a ticket and then they offered to move my account, is always the same, if server got slow, they say: "Do you want us to move your account to another server?"...
    ok, I can agree that they should know before you do that the server is taking strain. They should have monitoring in place and already be proactive on the task but if there is nothing else to do but to move to a new server, then that is the solution.
    Yep, is normal, but it IS a problem, my clients gets their emails flagged as SPAM
    your original problem was that your WHMCS could not send mails. now you are saying that your clients emails were being flagged as spam?? I am finding it hard to follow...
    Yep, probably, but the point is that they did not give a solution... is good to offer, atleast, a migration to other network, like Dallas or something, where Peru is getting access.
    so let me understand you correctly, YOUR countries infrastructure or YOUR countries ISP is having troubles and now you expect EZPZ to solve this for you OR to spend time, money and resources migrating ALL your clients over to a Dallas network so that your clients can get access to their websites? wow....thats ALOT to expect when the problem is not even EZPZ's!! Are you sure you understand how this business works?

@SteeLeR could just be a routing issue between your ISP and the DC. Regarding emails being received as SPAM a more strict spf record or making use of domainkey features can help.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    Regarding emails being received as SPAM a more strict spf record or making use of domainkey features can help.
    Check cPanel - Mail - Email Authentication

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...Authentication
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

I don't pretty much have any problem with them beside that they are still advertising R1Soft while they are not providing it. I have contacted them about it the first few days I notice it wasn't there which was on March 27th. Went through a lot of reply and still the same. Sent an email to Dan and it was ignored. Opened an ticket and was reply that that they will have to check on it and was put on hold for about 3 days now. I don't know how long they tend to keep that up. If they don't provide it then simply just don't advert it on the site as it's been almost a month since I alerted them about it. Other then that server uptime is pretty decent.
    ██ AuniqueHost.com - Powerful CloudLinux servers 16 CPUS USA
    ██ cPanel Shared, Reseller, with R1Soft and Softaculous
    ██ 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 7 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    ██ AuniqueHost.com - Follow US on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/AuniqueHost

As far as I ama ware, they still use R1Soft but for their own backup purposes. EZPZ has a good habit of putting tickets on hold or in progress and they stay in that status until you have to follow-up and find out what happeneing and ONLY then does something get done or they say that nothing can be done.

looks like Dan has decided washed his hands off EZPZ or is about to. i get this notion as most of his recent replies have been very vague as though he is just too tired of this business.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior737 View Post
    I don't pretty much have any problem with them beside that they are still advertising R1Soft while they are not providing it. I have contacted them about it the first few days I notice it wasn't there which was on March 27th. Went through a lot of reply and still the same. Sent an email to Dan and it was ignored. Opened an ticket and was reply that that they will have to check on it and was put on hold for about 3 days now. I don't know how long they tend to keep that up. If they don't provide it then simply just don't advert it on the site as it's been almost a month since I alerted them about it. Other then that server uptime is pretty decent.
    R1Soft is running on all but one server. The server you're hosted on does have R1Soft and should be working fine.
    If you're not able to login from the cPanel icon it's likely a problem with the cPanel connector which I'll have investigated.

As far as I ama ware, they still use R1Soft but for their own backup purposes. EZPZ has a good habit of putting tickets on hold or in progress and they stay in that status until you have to follow-up and find out what happeneing and ONLY then does something get done or they say that nothing can be done.
    Do you have the ticket ID you're waiting a reply on so I can investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by calamine View Post
    looks like Dan has decided washed his hands off EZPZ or is about to. i get this notion as most of his recent replies have been very vague as though he is just too tired of this business.
    Not at all, I'm not going anywhere. Please provide the ticket IDs where you're unhappy with the responses.

Hi,

I heard EZPZHosting is a good web hosting company.. However, i have not used their services..

They are still advertising R1Soft while they are not providing it.
    Their not the only host who does this.

If they don't provide it then simply just don't advert it on the site as it's been almost a month since I alerted them about it.
    Exactly, if it does not work and the host is not using it, take it off the list of services provided.

On my account on their UK server R1Soft is working without problem (just tryed)

Quote Originally Posted by danferserviziweb View Post
    On my account on their UK server R1Soft is working without problem (just tryed)
    +1. All fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    R1Soft is running on all but one server. The server you're hosted on does have R1Soft and should be working fine.
    If you're not able to login from the cPanel icon it's likely a problem with the cPanel connector which I'll have investigated.

Not at all, I'm not going anywhere. Please provide the ticket IDs where you're unhappy with the responses.
    I have just logged in to check and confirm again that the server I'm hosted on DOES NOT have R1Soft and have many time contacted you guys about it and was ignored about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ
    Instead of me giving you a ticket id, don't you think you should go through ALL the "In Progress" or "On Hold" tickets that have been waiting longer than a week and address them?? If I give you my ticket id's then what about all the other people that are waiting on responses. Don't just fix mine.

Instead of me giving you a ticket id, don't you think you should go through ALL the "In Progress" or "On Hold" tickets that have been waiting longer than a week and address them?? If I give you my ticket id's then what about all the other people that are waiting on responses. Don't just fix mine.
    ^ +1

But my ticket was closed for no reason. If ticket ID still needed it's #365457, hope to get a reply instead of being ignored again.

^ +1

But my ticket was closed for no reason. If ticket ID still needed it's #365457, hope to get a reply instead of being ignored again.
    I have seen more and more of these comments on the boards about EZPZ. I am starting to get worried.

UPDATE:

A week has passed and still not get an answer to the problem of WHMCS and SMTP. I'm afraid is time to switch provider.

So guys, if you are thinking of purchasing a plan with EZPZ, think it twice...

Quote Originally Posted by SteeLeR View Post
    UPDATE:

A week has passed and still not get an answer to the problem of WHMCS and SMTP. I'm afraid is time to switch provider.

Your ticket is not a server problem.

We have proven numerous times via ticket that the server can connect to gMail and it worked fine on a test setup.

We asked you to pass this on to WHMCS, they enabled debugging and it shows WHMCS attempts to connect locally rather than to Google. There's nothing server side that would cause this.

We've been trying to help you but you still seem unhappy. Best of luck with your new provider.

@SteeLeR do you have the ssl option checked in WHMcs and cPanel set to use a remote mail exchanger? WHMcs definitely fully supports GMAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeLeR View Post
    UPDATE:

I use WHMCS with EZPZ and I am not having any problems. Maybe that's because I use PHP Mail instead of SMTP. What's the reason you want to use SMTP instead of PHPMail?

I use WHMCS with EZPZ and I am not having any problems. Maybe that's because I use PHP Mail instead of SMTP.
    Same for me, work without any problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast