Thread: iPad 3

iPad 3

With the launch of the iPad 3 less than a week away, are you excited? Will you be buying one?

techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-3-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-937498

Yeah, I don't care either but I have to be honest, I've been thinking more and more about getting an iPad lately - mainly just to lay in bed and watch movies, etc. I can't see me using it for "work" or any sort of productivity, to me, the iPad still seems like a novelty but to each their own.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

I have been holding off until this release on purchasing an iPad. I have an iPhone and iTouch... which the little ones love. I would actually be more interested in a droid release, but with family - it is just more user friendly. Plus with apps being purchases... I would hate to have to buy the same ones again for a different platform.
    - PlanetSudoku.com
    - Millions of Sudoku puzzles including Sudoku 9x9, Multi 2, Multi 4, and Samurai
    - Puzzles from Very Easy to Hard, Logical Solver, Custom Backgrounds, Learning Center, and more...

I currently have the iPad2 given to me by my job. There's really not much I use it for. I would much rather have a mac air as it comes with all the necessary tools I use on a day to day basis rather than having to invest in an app to get things done. At the end of the day, the air is cheaper than the ipad.
    Before getting the ipad from my job, I was debating if it would be worth the purchase. For my specific needs....no.

i am not at all worried or excited about this launch because when i search the web for the comparison reviews between ipad and galaxy ta (Android) there are many votes and positive reviews on Galaxy tab/Android. So, no intention in buying ipad3 for now.

I've been thinking about an iPad since the first one came out in 2010, but never bought one. I've been really following the rumors this time and I'm pretty excited. I currently just have a desktop computer, so something I can carry around with me would be really nice. I don't think I'll get much work done on it, but I'm going to buy iWork and see if I can.

Anyways, I've budgeted out $500 for the last week of March to get an iPad. (I know, the event is on Wednesday but it probably won't be available right away.)

Yep, it'll be my first one. I've been waiting for the retina display.

Who says it's less than a week away, or are you just buying into those rumor sites again?

I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Who says it's less than a week away, or are you just buying into those rumor sites again?

I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money
    Well it's pretty much a fact that the iPad reveal event is next Wednesday. Invitations already sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Well it's pretty much a fact that the iPad reveal event is next Wednesday. Invitations already sent out.
    Care to post a direct source from Apple that's not unnamed?

The spring events do tend to reveal some decent stuff, but they are pretty good at keeping what under wraps till day of the event

Care to post a direct source from Apple that's not unnamed?

The spring events do tend to reveal some decent stuff, but they are pretty good at keeping what under wraps till day of the event
    http://images.theweek.com/img/dir_00...-potential.jpg

It's clearly an iPad event

I'd reckon there's a new Apple TV release as well.

And last fall was clearly supposed to be the announcement of the iPhone 5 if you listened to rumors.

I'm not saying we won't see the iPad upgraded, but until they announce what's officially there, you're just buying into the rumor and hype market. Right now only a handful of people know what's really there.

As far as Apple TV, I'd say we're done with that one. At least until Jobs' final creation (I cracked the TV market) gets revealed, which is going to be quite some time in the future. They've still got to develop the damn thing first . Nobody wanted the ATV when they were hawking it WITH memory, now they're hawking it WITHOUT it, and still very few people want it. Yeah, that's not going anywhere.

These events constantly do this. They build up hype, they rely on the media to give them free publicity with rumors, speculation, etc, and people walk away every time, upset that they didn't get what they wanted from them. Every year, twice a year, the same thing happens. Like sheep, people just believe whatever they're told, true or not.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

I think I'll skip over the ipad 3 at the moment. I've got an ipad2 which fits me fine at the moment.
    Nothing here right now.

And last fall was clearly supposed to be the announcement of the iPhone 5 if you listened to rumors.

I'm not saying we won't see the iPad upgraded, but until they announce what's officially there, you're just buying into the rumor and hype market. Right now only a handful of people know what's really there.

As far as Apple TV, I'd say we're done with that one. At least until Jobs' final creation (I cracked the TV market) gets revealed, which is going to be quite some time in the future. They've still got to develop the damn thing first . Nobody wanted the ATV when they were hawking it WITH memory, now they're hawking it WITHOUT it, and still very few people want it. Yeah, that's not going anywhere.

These events constantly do this. They build up hype, they rely on the media to give them free publicity with rumors, speculation, etc, and people walk away every time, upset that they didn't get what they wanted from them. Every year, twice a year, the same thing happens. Like sheep, people just believe whatever they're told, true or not.
    I'm not sure we're saying different things...? Last event was clearly an iPhone event - which it was - 5 just happened to be what people thought it was going to be called and they were wrong.

This is clearly an iPad event. We don't know if it's the iPad 3, HD, whatever, but it is an event for a new iPad.

There's an existing Apple TV box... I own one. With supplies of the existing Apple TV next to nothing, I'd say there's probably a refresh coming up associated with the new iPad. I never said there's an actual physical TV coming as has been rumored but simply that the current Apple TV box is being refreshed. That's just a complete guess on my part. What is for sure is a new iPad of some sort.
    Last edited by Orien; 03-03-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Its crazy they are bring a new one out every year!. and after the iphone 4 to 4s update i dont think that has done anygood to apples name!. ill be after the new galaxy tab i think

Quote Originally Posted by Doublet2ts View Post
    Its crazy they are bring a new one out every year!. and after the iphone 4 to 4s update i dont think that has done anygood to apples name!. ill be after the new galaxy tab i think
    Uhh, Apple has one of the longest product cycles these days. And have you seen the sales numbers for the 4S in their last record quarter? It hasn't done any good to Apple's name - really?

Android. He fights for the users!

(In all seriousness, no. I haven't followed the iPad releases at all. We are a bunch of android users over here )

Quote Originally Posted by Doublet2ts View Post
    Its crazy they are bring a new one out every year!. and after the iphone 4 to 4s update i dont think that has done anygood to apples name!.
    The 4 >> 4S was a pretty good upgrade, as far as specs or under the bonnet goes. It just upset a few folks because it looked the same. The 4S still outsells any other smartphone out there by a good multiple. Apple's biggest problem there is they can't make enough of them to satisfy demand.
    . . . ill be after the new galaxy tab i think
    lol, which is so close to the original SGT 10.1" specs, it's hilarious. Hardly any difference there. It's a running joke in tablet and tech forums.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

. . . I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money
    Seriously, just think how much free advertising $$ Apple gets from the media's near obsession with anything Apple. It's astounding, and hey, I like Apple products and use them, but from all the media attention they get, you'd think they released the cure for cancer or something much more important.

As for the iPad3, I can't see it being of interest to me, as my iPad2 is more than adequate for my needs. But that will most likely change when I pick one up and start playing with it.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I still love the customization that I can do on Android (Transformer Prime & gNote).