Thread: ClientExec help

ClientExec help

I uploaded ClientExec 3.0.1 to heavenhosting.net/customers and in the "installation guide" the next step is to go to /install.php but it doesn't work.. am I missing something?

try it heavenhosting.net/customers/install.php

Looking at your file_intregrity.php output, most of your files have been modified... usually due to uploading them over FTP in the wrong transfer mode.

How did you upload ClientExec to the server?
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

I would recommend if your using cpanel to upload the zip through cpanel ftp directory and expand it using the same. Then all you will have to do is rename a your directories, adjust some permissions and you should be set.

Sorry, you've all lost me? Let me explain what I've done so far..

I downloaded the .zip file, extracted it on my computer and then uploaded it using FileZilla client (default settings/preferences).

Have I uploaded it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jerett View Post
    I would recommend if your using cpanel to upload the zip through cpanel ftp directory and expand it using the same. Then all you will have to do is rename a your directories, adjust some permissions and you should be set.
    I recommend that too.

If you are doing it any other way make sure you upload in binary.
    The MonkeyPC - cPanel webhosting that's vibrant and high in quality. Just say hello to The Monkey!

I think you need to change the transfer mode. Normally its set on ASCII, it might help changing it to Binary. Or, if its already on Binary, try changing it to ASCII.

Okay, the default transfer mode was just "Auto". I've changed it to binary and started uploading again! Hopefully it will work this time.

Also, I read on the CE forums something about Ioncube - what is it? and do i need it to run CE?

Ioncube is a program that is used to encrypt source codes so that it can not be stolen. It is then installed on web servers to decrypt the source when a customer buys it. What type of hosting are you using? Shared Hosting normally has it already installed and you don't have to do anything.

If you find that your server does not have it installed. You can find loaders for your server platform here:

http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

is it essential?

I've got a reseller account from JPC

See if Clientexec loads correctly. If it does not an Ion Cube loader my not be installed on your server. An Ion Cube Loader IS essential to load Clientexec. But hopefully it will be already installed on your server.

Okay, I've set up ClientExec on my server. Now I need help setting it up via the backend Admin Panel. Can anyone help, or point me towards a tutorial?

Good to see you got it setup. I recommending using the Clientexec Manual. It explains everything and is very easy to use.

It can be found here: http://www.clientexec.com/manual/

That's great EvaHost, thanks for your help. Does anyone know how to integrate CE into a design though?

Quote Originally Posted by mcfc4eva View Post
    That's great EvaHost, thanks for your help. Does anyone know how to integrate CE into a design though?
    Yup, Matt G over at HostPenguin does it, and so do other people.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

That's your friend right there.
    AS395558

I'm sure Dougy wouldn't mind giving it a shot!

Thanks guys but I want to learn how to do it myself, is there any tutorials or resources that may help me?

Thanks

The best way to learn how to do it is by just searching on clientexec forum.

Take your site code, and place it in the appropriate skin files in your ClientExec folder. Be careful how you do it, as it can get messy if you aren't.
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Take your site code, and place it in the appropriate skin files in your ClientExec folder. Be careful how you do it, as it can get messy if you aren't.
    What do you mean skin files? Can you bare in mind i haven't exactly got much experience. Can you be more specific? Also, can you elaborate on "site code". Do you mean just copy/paste the html coding into another file... surely that doesn't make sense and is in no way logical.

Take your website and find where you want to insert clientexec. The top half will be your header template and the bottom half will be your footer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    Take your website and find where you want to insert clientexec. The top half will be your header template and the bottom half will be your footer.
    Okay, I seem to have a few Header and Footer files located in my ClientExec folder and it's subfolders. Which one's do I need to edit?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfc4eva View Post
    Thanks guys but I want to learn how to do it myself, is there any tutorials or resources that may help me?

Thanks
    Its actually very easy, just a lot of editing.

Another thing to make sure is that, when you are doing it.. make sure you are very neat, because with all the files you will be dealing with it can get messy.

But, if you have experience with HTML and CSS, you shouldn't have a problem. Just look the clientexec forums for tips and tutorials.
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!