Thumbs down 2CO unknown charges

Hi all,

Just noticed on my 2CO account unknown charges, as I had no refunds or chargebacks, the 2CO sent the payment on 2012-04-04, no transactions was made for last 3 days and it was $0.00 balance yesterday and day before, but today it's $-9.34 for no reason.

I have opened ticket to investigate internal scam and terminate 2 account as I don't wish to curry on business with scammers, I hope in 5 days to get reply as they sucks for support.

Personally, I don't recommend the 2CO to anyone as the following reasons:
    1) their fraud review system is commercial slogan only - in reality it don't work
    2) very slow support
    3) unknown charges
    4) ridiculous charge per transaction (more than 5.5% + $0.45) and suspicious rate for exchange to various currencies for no reason
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

I have noticed what they have done, I have transaction on 2012-04-02 which I have requested to re-check, as it was mismatch of IP address and customer country, they cancelled transaction straight away and refunded money, so this amount never appeared on my account and now the refunded a second time using my account balance - this is 2checkout internal fraud.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Although I usually advise against them just because of their high fees I have never had a problem with them, friendly and knowledgeable support via phone and though its not a primary payment option we are up front with, when it is used there's no problem. Their Fraud check system seems to work very well.

Perhaps claiming "unknown charges" and "internal fraud" without knowing what happened is the wrong way to go. Pick up the phone and call them, I am sure 2Checkout will help you out, everyone makes mistakes. I think its ridiculous that you would make accusations like that without knowing the details, then come back and repost that it has "something" to do with a recent transaction.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

They have always worked wonders for us, we process thousands of dollars weekly and never have issues with them
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Perhaps claiming "unknown charges" and "internal fraud" without knowing what happened is the wrong way to go.
    it's how the 2checkout is showing the information about the payments, as their system don't show any sort of information, I went through account and noticed that refunded transaction never reached my account, but for some reason the refund is reached - very odd, but for some reason never happens in banks, as banks are regulated by government body.

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    it's how the 2checkout is showing the information about the payments, as their system don't show any sort of information, I went through account and noticed that refunded transaction never reached my account, but for some reason the refund is reached - very odd, but for some reason never happens in banks, as banks are regulated by government body.
    Did you call them?
    Frank Laszlo - Developer
    Franksworld Solutions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLaszlo View Post
    Did you call them?
    No yet, but will do on Monday.

Have you tried tweeting them? https://twitter.com/2checkout

We also have a positive experience with 2Checkout, and process multiple hundreds of transactions daily with them.

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    Personally, I don't recommend the 2CO to anyone as the following reasons:
    1) their fraud review system is commercial slogan only - in reality it don't work
    2) very slow support
    3) unknown charges
    4) ridiculous charge per transaction (more than 5.5% + $0.45) and suspicious rate for exchange to various currencies for no reason
    1. Yes it does work, a few does slip through however for the most part it's decent. We save thousands per month in chargebacks just for their fraud review feature - can't imagine how much we would of lost by using a different merchant.
    2. They offer phone support, which was very helpful in my opinion.
    4. They offer discounted fee structure for those who do many transactions with them, all you have to do is contact them.
    Last edited by Kevin Hillstrand; 04-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.

I see mine has now -10.XX USD

Last week it was 8$ :O
    E5 V4 10Gbit SSD VPS Coming Soon in Dallas,TX - Enterprise VPS at fraction of cost! .
    Since 2011 - INOTECH LLC

Shahaz: Your what? What are you referring to in relation to his thread?

Tangent:

I still think its completely unacceptable to start this thread and add the tags that are attached when you have not even called them. What if someone did that to you?
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

i was talking about my 2CO account

I had given a full refund of 340$ to a client and it had 8+$ when i closed it and when i logged in Yesterday i see now as -10.xxUSD ..
    E5 V4 10Gbit SSD VPS Coming Soon in Dallas,TX - Enterprise VPS at fraction of cost! .
    Since 2011 - INOTECH LLC

Had very bad experience about them.
    Fraud system is not efficient and they really do lot of unknown charges to account.
    Mine is currently at -317usd to be exact and it's a joke!

ANy good 2CO alternatives?

Good fraud check + small charges from transaction?
    ?
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

2Checkout's fraud check is better than most, and if it's something that you are not happy with, then maybe have your own measures in place that you trust?

And their email/ticket support is not always the fastest but they are very helpful when you do call them.

We personally use Maxmind with 2checkout to double check for fraud.

The end of story: I have closed 2 accounts with 2CO, the fraud system is joke as I do much better verification (Example: IP based in Italy, customer address is South Africa - definitely fraud, their system accepted the order as perfect order).
    The unknown or higher exchange rate when they do convert the order to USD from GBP and back to GBP as UK banks accept in GBP currency, I am loosing more money per order = for international sellers the charge more than 5.5% + $0.45 as stated on their website.

Perharps these could be paypal related refunds?
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

I don't know why you are thinking so bad About 2CO Fraud protection as it works as a charm! You probably need to reconsider the sources of your clients.

We have got only 1 chargeback so far. Anti-fraud of 2Checkout seems descent.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard