Need a reliable ASP.NET host for AbleCommerce

Hey there,

As the title says, I am going to be setting up a AbleCommerce website, and I need a high quality Windows VPS host. My main focus in on uptime, quality, reliability and speed. But at some point price will come into play as well.

The server requirements for AbleCommerce are as follows:

• Microsoft Windows 2000, preferably 2003 Server
    • Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or 6.0
    • .NET Framework (Asp.Net 2.0)
    • Microsoft AJAX Library 1.0
    • Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2000, preferably 2005

Besides these requirements, as with most e-commerce software I'm pretty sure AbleCommerce will be pretty server intensive (Its a pretty large script). It should also be noted that I have no experience with Windows hosting, so I need a managed VPS with good support staff.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon
      0 Not allowed!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I would not be opposed to using a high quality shared host. It just seems that for e-commerce websites a VPS is usually needed.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Suspect View Post
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that I would not be opposed to using a high quality shared host. It just seems that for e-commerce websites a VPS is usually needed.
    Why do you think that for ecommerce web sites a VPS is usually needed?

I design ASP.NET sites for many clients that use ASP.NET shared hosting services and their sites run fine.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by iration View Post
    Why do you think that for ecommerce web sites a VPS is usually needed?

I design ASP.NET sites for many clients that use ASP.NET shared hosting services and their sites run fine.
    Well, that may be... But I'm going to be setting up a e-commerce website and I have always been told that you really want to have a VPS for security, reliability and performance issues. Not that you cant use a shared account, just that it is desirable for web stores to have a VPS. By the way, what shared host do you use for your clients?
      0 Not allowed!

I think that you'll find many shared hosts will support your application well. A good trick is to ask if and how they limit their application pool memory usage per plan type. You want a host that limits it (not overselling their servers) but has a plan that offers enough for your application to have good performance. A just starting off with lower traffic will need 100-150MB in .NET. A medium traffic site will be in the 175MB-225MB range, while a higher traffic site will be 300MB on up. After 350-400MB usage you've outgrown shared hosting and will be looking at a dedicated solution.

Ablecommerce has changed their installation and upgrade procedures on the latest version which makes it *much* more friendly to shared hosting.

Good luck!

Wayne
    Applied Innovations (www.appliedi.net)
    Microsoft Gold Certified Hosting Partner, ASP.net Featured Host.
    Specializing in Windows Hosting since 1999.
      0 Not allowed!

Check with Cartikahosting with your requirements to see if they can work out something for you. Another vendor is Handynetworks. We have worked with both, and they're very good Windows hosting vendors
      0 Not allowed!

+1 for HandyNetworks...
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Suspect View Post
    Hey there,

As the title says, I am going to be setting up a AbleCommerce website, and I need a high quality Windows VPS host. My main focus in on uptime, quality, reliability and speed. But at some point price will come into play as well.

The server requirements for AbleCommerce are as follows:

• Microsoft Windows 2000, preferably 2003 Server
    • Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or 6.0
    • .NET Framework (Asp.Net 2.0)
    • Microsoft AJAX Library 1.0
    • Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2000, preferably 2005

Besides these requirements, as with most e-commerce software I'm pretty sure AbleCommerce will be pretty server intensive (Its a pretty large script). It should also be noted that I have no experience with Windows hosting, so I need a managed VPS with good support staff.

Thanks for reading,

Brandon
    hi,

if your looking for a VPS rather than shared solutions, try www.powervps.com i have a few test machines out there.
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com
      0 Not allowed!