Exclamation Web directory submission!

I've started making SEM for our Web Design Company Cratima
    and one of the problems I am confronting with is that there is
    a fee difference between different web directories on the web.

I can submit our site to free web directories, reciprocal link directories and paid directories.

Now, my question is: is there really a difference between this submissions?
    I mean, does Google index your site depending on the amount of money you pay a web directory site? Or do this paid web directories offer services that help Google index your site better?
    Cratima Software and Cratima Interactive - www.cratima.com - Web Site made in Flash

Google recently penalized directories. many pageranks dropped due to that.

and directories irrelevant to google indexing. googlebots generally arrive even 30-40 minutes after you register a domain. and it just takes time for them to update your site to the index and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratima View Post
    Or do this paid web directories offer services that help Google index your site better?
    These paid web directories in general are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

The only thing they guarantee is to make your wallet lighter nothing else.

You can achieve far more positive results for free.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Can someone please elaborate on this. Does Google penalize all directories? Paid or free? Why?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...ectories&meta=

Matt Cutts has been firing warning shots in previous months, both from his blog and from the Search Engine Strategies Conference in San Jose, saying that Google was going to be more aggressive about paid links that violated quality guidelines.

here's his blog...

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/ses-sa...2007-write-up/

there's some stuff to read up on bud.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 11-15-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post

and directories irrelevant to google indexing. googlebots generally arrive even 30-40 minutes after you register a domain. and it just takes time for them to update your site to the index and thats it.
    Yup and I no longer support Google or pay $500+ per month using their services. That is Google's Microsoft way into becoming a monopoly and creating their own world rules. I had about five other business associates who owned PR7 - PR8 directories that are now PR2. They worked hard getting recpriocal links which was thrown away by Google.

In a sense, web directory thing had gotten out of hand btw.

The only people who say that are those who never used them. All of us worked hard to get quality links and businesses who were accepted into our directory got better search results. That is the same as any advertising or campaign and there is nothing wrong with it. I had met other webmasters with my same goals and we would spend thousands of dollars supporting each others' sites that we have worked hard building. Google only penalized us since we were making money from their system and they were not taxing us for it. Google will soon become the new Microsoft/government and all people will get the bad end of the deal. Of course they are offering everything for free now to gain your support.

Well im one of the people that used them for various business and hobby projects, and i have seen that there are heaploads of sites that are daring to charge $40 for being 'listed'. web directories with close to 10 thousand other sites and etc. for $40. and apparently these people have made enough bucks, so there has popped up heapload of directories, cluttering search results seemingly to the extent that google penalized them.

The ultimate aim of a search engine is to make the search relevant, I guess they think that directories hamper the efforts? Anyway there isn't really much we can do. Google is really a powerful entity on the Internet as Microsoft has been in the Home PC field. Hard to avoid them even for a day.

I do not use Google adwords anymore. They were putting my ads on sites that were totally inapproriate, content not even remotely related to my sites. Also was told that one of my sites was considered to be under construction. Asked for a review. It seems they consider my classifieds section as under constuction because the content changes.
    I do put links on my sites and do not ask for any reciprocity. Nor do I charge for them. If somebody does not like that then so be it. I don't care. I will just keep plugging along as I am doing now and worry about tomorrow maybe next week.
    Hosting - At it's Simple Best!
    Get your Business, Blog or Personal Site Online in an Affordable way.
    https://www.fdwhostingco,com

Quote Originally Posted by web2k6 View Post
    Can someone please elaborate on this. Does Google penalize all directories? Paid or free? Why?
    For sure Google can not penalize all directories.

It is just Google who acts like a monomolist. Not a good thing

Yeah only 99.9% of them. I know a ton of directories that were PR6 - PR8 and now all of them are PR0 - PR4

Smile web directories

1. If the web directories are penalized, the websites submitted on them support also consequences?
    2. I've heard that submitting to web directories with a high (>4) is better. The thing is that my website is submitted (90% of the cases)to a page with 1 maxim 2 PR, or PR not available.
    I think that web directories help for notoriety and presents on the internet and I'm starting to think that it doesn't help for SEM at all.
    Cratima Software and Cratima Interactive - www.cratima.com - Web Site made in Flash