Best Way to Learn Linux & cPanel

I'm new to WHT in the last few weeks but have used it heavily to read up on all things VPS and got a great deal from Burst.net through here. I have a VPS @ Dreamhost but was looking for the next step up in configuration & performance so I intend to migrate to Burst.net but this is my first time in a cPanel environment and am learning as I go.

I'm new to both Linux and cPanel and am finding my way but am hoping to find some straightforward tutorials that could help me with Linux VPS Admin 101. In particular, CentOS 5.5.

I can always RTFM but was hoping someone has good suggestions on how to pick up the basics quickly... any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The way I learn is to mess around with things, break it (intentionally or unintentionally, it doesn't really matter) and then try to fix it!

I enjoy that too - I had my first Win 3.1 machine about a week before I had hosed Windows... I was 12 I think...

I have been playing a lot and learning but I want to actually get in to doing some work now :-)

I sugggest you learn Linux and Kloxo because:

1. Both are open source.
    2. Both are free.
    3. Both have community support.

I learned my Linux and Kloxo the hard way. I bought an unmanaged vps and opened a permanent tab, more or less, on Google. If you want to, you can get a tiny vps for 00.99sud. Very low cost learning environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    I sugggest you learn Linux and Kloxo because:

1. Both are open source.
    2. Both are free.
    3. Both have community support.

I learned my Linux and Kloxo the hard way. I bought an unmanaged vps and opened a permanent tab, more or less, on Google. If you want to, you can get a tiny vps for 00.99sud. Very low cost learning environment.
    cPanel is far more widely used, but it doesn't hurt knowing how to use both.

I am a real estate agent by day and a tech head by night... I love my 4TB RAID5 array for movies @ home and all my nice gadgets all over the place but for my business sites I want something well supported.

cPanel gives me the flexibility to move hosts quickly if necessary with very little effort... there are tons of cPanel hosts.