Question end user support for resellers

hi folks

curious to know how important end-user support is to resellers. if a reseller hosting provider can provide this, would it sway your decision to move to them?

if a third-party were to provide this service (so you could stay with the provider you are with), what monhtly price would you be willing to pay?

the fact is: you can't always be moving your reseller account from one hosting company to another - so i'm curious as to what would really tip the glass for you folks.
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

If that was me I wouldn't want anyone else to talk to my clients.

It's not important to me at all - but - if I was with a provider that did offer it and I trusted them without a doubt, I *might* be tempted to use it occasionally.

One advantage of end user support when it comes directly from the reseller hosting provider is that the host can act on serious issues, and has access to the server, unlike a third party. This would be rather important to me, and a reason why third party support provider would only be a temporary solution, or an imperfect replacement.

ldcdc has a point here

But then again, if Privacy is as important to you and your clients as it should be, I wouldn't expect or utilize an end user support service from your hosting provider. Especially if you dont see a site with hundreds of reviews..

I feel the same way about outsourced support, I just don't trust them.. I've found that most of these places are located in Malaysia, the Phillipines, and India... so what do you if something goes wrong? Nothing, not really in our Jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by r00ter View Post
    ldcdc has a point here

But then again, if Privacy is as important to you and your clients as it should be, I wouldn't expect or utilize an end user support service from your hosting provider.
    If your hosting provider is reputable, then privacy shouldn't be a problem. The provider still has access to all accounts anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    If your hosting provider is reputable, then privacy shouldn't be a problem. The provider still has access to all accounts anyway..
    100% Agreed. Besides, if you can't trust your provider - then I'd move.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I think having a enduser support is a great advantage .. as reseller will only focus on sales don;t have to worry about support .. Plus if reseller are in the middle of the support chain then it will take more time for problem to be resolved ..

And i agree privacy should be maintained by enduser support provider

I think end support support could be done as an addon for reseller packages but the hosting company should always be able to answer questions the reseller account holder asks that have come from the end user.

This way the end user will not know that the reseller holder has a reseller account not a server/vps.

Hope that makes sense lol...

End user support would be better as your host will be able to fix issues faster and effectively as they have root access in the server.
    If you go for a third party management team, there won't be much things they will be able to do.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

End user support is important to me and I would be willing to pay more for it. I would want a help desk so it appears its coming from my company. There are a few who offer that now I think.

I think that end user support is including in many companies packages.
    Some resellers doesnt want this;because their clients know that they are resellers.
    Regards
    Quality Cpanel Web Hosting - sales@customers-services.com
    Ecommerce Hosting,Blog Hosting,FFMpeg Hosting,Master Resellers,WHM Resellers,VPS & Dedicated Servers(Unmetered-Metered)
    Secure Payments Through Paypal & 2CO

It's up to the resellers to choose if they want end-user support or not. It's not forced on them by any means

Quote Originally Posted by ZaxiHosting View Post
    I think that end user support is including in many companies packages.
    Some resellers doesnt want this;because their clients know that they are resellers.
    Regards
    I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. Care to share?

If done properly, end user support is fully private label. There's no way, barring critical error, that an end user would have any idea someone was a reseller.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.