gamesecrets.org WARNING

We are not sure if gamesecrets.org is fraud or not but he is a problem and looks to be.

We our posting here to warn everyone to watch out for this account.

gamesecrets.org fake whois info, ip distanceToBilling=2055, Signed up with australian phone number called us from 972-729-**** which is texas area code and is demanding free hosting from us! Why because? We required phone verification before activating his account. Name used is a vietnam name from what I can tell. We were on the phone with him for 40 minutes being yelled at for free hosting in a vietnam sounding accent before we had to hang up. He threatened us many times for free hosting or he would post on WHT below is his live chat he did shortly after call ended....

Tim: Welcome to HostGator! How may I assist you?
    orican: please tranfer me to your sales rep.
    Tim: Hi Orican, this is Sales :-).
    orican: are you a rep?
    Tim: Orican I'm the Sales and Support Manager of HostGator, yes.
    orican: I sign up hosting 2 days ago and still got nothing that I paid for.
    Tim: May I have the domain name please.
    orican: i called your phone and you guys hang up on me
    orican: Totally unacceptable
    Tim: Orican I apologize however the order was marked as fraudulent, I'm familiar with the domain you're speaking of. I've advised you that we can activate the account, and createa new invoice since your prior charge was refunded, however you've insisted on recieving free hosting. Unfortunatley this isn't possible.
    Tim: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
    orican: on your website it says Free / Instant setup, it doesn't say anything about fraud check of any kind when sign up.
    Tim: Orican, all orders go through a very thorough review to check for fraud. As a business it would be impossible to maintain security / stability without preventing charge backs. Is there anything else I can assist you with regarding your account?
    orican: In this case I will let everyone know what happened in wehhostingtalk.com.
    orican: becuase that's where i found your compary.
    Tim: I apologize for the inconvenience, however I have offered to active your account due to you voice verifying it, and you have insisted upon recieving free services. Unfortunately you have not had service for 2 days since the order was voided and refunded. If you don't wish to enable the account and proceed with a new invoice, there is nothing further I'm able to do this evening.

Thank you for the warning
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

wow, demanding free hosting.

This is like the 4th time in the last few months alone people have attempted to blackmail us for free hosting on wht.

It really is amazing! Does no one else have this problem?

Re: gamesecrets.org WARNING

Originally posted by hostgator.com
    gamesecrets.org fake whois info, ip distanceToBilling=2055, Signed up with australian phone number called us from 972-729-**** which is texas area code and is demanding free hosting from us!

orican: on your website it says Free / Instant setup, it doesn't say anything about fraud check of any kind when sign up.

You really spend 40 minutes with him as well and let him yell at you? Refund - remove account - blacklist telephonenumber, IP, email - done.

I didn't I would have flipped out on him after 5 =)

Tim took the call and has more patience than me. lol

Everyone wants a free lunch these days..."Free lunch" that's the term right...?

This is like the 4th time in the last few months alone people have attempted to blackmail us for free hosting on wht.

It really is amazing! Does no one else have this problem?
    I've had similar things happen once or twice (never quite so direct, basically more along the lines of "If I'm not happy, people on a very very large webhosting forum are going to hear about it" sort of threats when demanding something thats not offered, etc.).

I've found the best defense is essentially what you just did. People rarely follow through with that threat I find, because I actually encourage them to post on WHT. I simply state that if they feel the need to post, so be it, though I will make them look very foolish by the time the day is done. I'm not an unreasonable guy, and when someone is at the point of making threats along those lines, its a sure shot that they're being unreasonable at that point.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

I think that was handled very well. In situations like this, you can't negotiate. As a business, you reserve the right to deny service to anyone you please, and I'd have most likely done the same thing if there was even a hint of something funny about it.

I seriously doubt that any of us here are in the business to lose money. Why risk it?

Me being of African-American Descent, He would of had his hair blown back and he wouldnt of wanted to call ever again. Not one person in my family tolerates disrespect, we shut it DOWN!

I was incorrectly identified as a fraud when setting up an account with hostgator a few weeks back. A few swapped emails sorted it out and I'm happily building another new site on hostgator. I still dunno why my IP was like 2500 miles from my postal address though.
    Brindabella Motor Sport Club - Motor Sport in the Australian Capital Territory

Any IP in Austrailia identifies as about 1500 to 2000 miles away usually, not sure what is up with their IPs, only ones that don't are those from really big cities. UK is similar in not being anywhere near.

Lol this is another game hacking site. They are a real liability because they often release trojan tools and provoke people into attacking the server.

I happen to know a list of websites that will be under heavy attack in the next few months, if any hosts want to check and see if they're on their servers so they can pre-emptively remove them or stiffen up on resources and security, I'll PM the list.
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

Re: gamesecrets.org WARNING

That's cracking me up. "You didn't say you don't accept fraud orders!". Good job HostGator!
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Originally posted by Muzzleflash
    Lol this is another game hacking site. They are a real liability because they often release trojan tools and provoke people into attacking the server.

I happen to know a list of websites that will be under heavy attack in the next few months, if any hosts want to check and see if they're on their servers so they can pre-emptively remove them or stiffen up on resources and security, I'll PM the list.

If you indeed have such a list you should:

1) Forward it to the US Secret Service and the FBI.
    2) Publish it here.

Having it and not releasing it could be looked at as being an accessory to a planned crime which in itself is a very serious offense.

FBI already got sent logs of the chat convo I witnessed.
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

Great, but I would suggest you send it to the Secret Service also; they are the lead investigative agency for computer and financial crimes.

I would appreciate it if you posted here as well.

As would I, now I'm interested in seeing if I know any of the sites.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Yeah, post the sites here so the hosting companies can prepare for it.

This is really disturbing. Thanks for bringing this up. I'm always a bit skeptical of bad reviews out of the blue for companies that seem to have good reps. It just goes to show that there are a number of ulterior motives in any open forum. I'm glad the forum gives vendors an opportunity to "out" unscrupulous people.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek