martynh Guest
    Hi all,
    I have a master reseller account with a host and i ordered a dedicated IP address so i can install a SSL certificate, I have not done this before so just wanted some info.
    Its been over 24 hours from when my host transfered my IP to my account and my website keeps showing some other website o my laptop and if i check it on 1 of my other computers it shows the WHM & cPanel success page...
    i know i have to leave it to set the new DNS etc but should it be showing another website? and how long does it take to set the new IP fully as my email and website is all offline
    Thanks
    Martyn

my website keeps showing some other website o my laptop and if i check it on 1 of my other computers it shows the WHM & cPanel success page...
    On your laptop, whats the 'other website' its showing? The WHM/cpanel success page is what will be shown when your DNS hasn't propagated to the IP change. You can get round this by adding both IP's to your httpd.conf's vhost entry, but I doubt your host will make this change for you (if done incorrectly, apache won't start).
    Remember to keep flushing your local DNS.

martynh Guest
    my website is www dot tophostinguk dot com what does it show on your end? and when i put my address in laptop it goes to www dot weloveclean dot co dot uk
    my pc shows tophostinguk dot com as www dot weloveclean dot co dot uk & www dot tophostinguk dot com as the success page
    i have deleted all the temp downloaded history in my browsers and still shows as them
    sorry about the spaces the board will not let me post links till i have 5 posts
    Thanks
    Martyn

I'm going to weloveclean as well. weloveclean is on it's own dedicated IP so I can think that either your host has gone wrong somewhere or you/your host have made a mistake in your domains new DNS settings (ie. you're now going to the wrong IP).
    Either way, somethings gone wrong and you'll need to contact your host, as they'll know what the correct set up should be.

I have a master reseller account
    Well there's your problem (imho Master Reseller accounts are a poor business platform). Hopefully your host knows what they are doing and can straighten this out.

martynh Guest
    right thank you for the help i shall get in touch with them and see what is going on
    could a moderator please remove my website address so it doesnt get into the search engines
    Thanks again
    Martyn

could a moderator please remove my website address so it doesnt get into the search engines
    It's more likely that somebody will go to Google.com after visiting your site and cause it to be listed than for Google to come here and parse the non-link into some sort of URL... Which last I checked google won't turn "www dot mydomain dot com" into "www.mydomain.com"... I think you're safe.

sorry i ment so it doesnt look like my buisness is on a third party reseller plan
    Martyn
    Anybody who has half an idea of what they are doing will be able to find this out either way. It's just like door locks - they only keep honest people out - the people who want in are going to get in either way.

Maybe once they moved the IP for the website they never updated it on their DNS servesr. If so, it might still be pointing at the old IP in which there is no website.

Whats the outcome of this wonderful master reseller account?