Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any experience with RegisterFly?

I've seen RegisterFly.com mentioned. Their stated services and prices look attractive. Does anyone out there have actual experience with them? Favorable or unfavorable impressions of their services and behavior?

Thank you.

Very good, I have 2000+ names with them and overall very good. They are a very large registrar (3/4 million names) . They just started phone support so getting hold of someone is even easier now should you need support.
    Domain Maven

Their prices are ok and their control panel is functional. I also do use their services for about 50 domains however I have read some horror stories from domain forums and such about their customer service lacking big time therefore I most of the time approach them with caution.
    HostPromoter.net - www.hostpromoter.net
    Get your hosting business submitted to 100+ hosting directories.
    WebSitePromoter - www.wspromoter.com
    Get your sites submitted to 1500 Search Engine Friendly Directories!

if i wasn't a resller and an end user i would use them

so many free side services with each domain and great service too
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

i havent had any trouble with them at all. my only complaints would be that the control panel is somewhat difficult to sort out, and the site loads pretty slow.

The few problems I have had were resolved wilthin reasonable time if not immediately. I have not had a problem lately and have not tried their phone support.

So far, so good

So far my experience has been pretty good. I transferred a few domains over to them and they completed the transaction (i.e. the transfer was reflected on internic) within hours, much quicker than many other registrars.

However, problems usually occur on the way out (as I discovered recently with Powerpipe), so I don't know how good they would be if I wanted to transfer domains out of Registerfly!

I have a bunch of names with them and I've only had one problem. They reported a name as available when it wasn't -- even though the registration failed they charged my credit card. It took a couple of emails to support to get it straightened out.

Other than that, I've been quite happy.

I have two names with them (including one transfer), and I've had no problems. They seem like a very competent registrar, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks, all. Glad to see that there's a pretty good chance RegisterFly may be good. As seen at "How do I tell godaddy to [stop]?", I think Godaddy has eliminated itself from consideration.

Wait a minute Disgruntled, all registrars will have their quirks and complaints. I would not discount Godaddy. Personally I haven't had any problems whatsoever with them now for 2 years. So keep them in mind. Just my 2c.

fewcoin

Originally posted by dmaven
    Very good, I have 2000+ names with them and overall very good. They are a very large registrar (3/4 million names) . They just started phone support so getting hold of someone is even easier now should you need support.
    how about 1and1 vs RegisterFly.com ?i know 1nad1 is cheaper,but not sure about their service

RegisterFly sucks. If you want any decent communication with them, learn how to speak Hindu.

Just do a Google search on "registerfly sucks" and you'll find a lot of people who have had problems with them.

Gee the consensus disagrees.

Your remarks about needing to speak hindu is also downright disrespectful. I think the mods need to intervene here
    Domain Maven

Your remarks about needing to speak hindu is also downright disrespectful. I think the mods need to intervene here
    The consensus on this thread appears to disagree, but when you learn to do a search on this forum and see the dozens of threads about how RegisterFly sucks, you'll see that they have a larger than average dissatisfied customer base.

Needing to speak Hindu is not disrespectful. It's a fact. Up until recently, the only available support option was either a trouble ticket or 24/7 Live Chat -- all outsourced to India. And at least 80% of the time their support staff showed, on a good day, a command of the English language equal to that of your average second grader. Again, search the forum and find the actual examples.

Case in point:

Customer e-mails risk@registerflysupport.com.

Risk replies: Sorry, we can't help you. Please contact risk@registerflysupport.com for help.

Contact your Literacy Volunteer if you don't understand.

* A REAL consensus!

Let's look at a real consensus here ...

Regarding RegisterFly, the BBB of New Jersey says, "Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s)."

http://www.trenton.bbb.org/nis/newse...21000010002016

Regarding UnifiedNames, the company that owns RegisterFly, the BBB of New Jersey has even worse to say: "Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s). The Bureau has requested basic information from this company. The Bureau has not received a response. Without this information, the Bureau may not have current information concerning such things as the company's management or its nature of business.

http://www.trenton.bbb.org/nis/newse...21000011006114

I'm starting to wish I'd checked this board one more time before I signed up with RegisterFly.
    After some initial bugs, my webpage was up and running. Now it's back to Cannot Find Server. Live Chat says they're rebboting Apache, and I should check again in an hour. So far it's only half an hour. Maybe in another half hour it will work.

Any opinion on how many or how long a server malfunction I should consider "normal" enough before i shop for a new hosting service?

Waiting an hour for it to be fixed has not resulted in it getting fixed.

They say it's maintenance.

Disgruntled, are you talking of RegisterFly the hosting company or RegisterFly the domain registrar? They sell both services under the same umbrella, but your problem seems to be a hosting issue and not a domain issue.

I bought both registry and hosting service together from RegisterFly.
    This particular thing would be about the hosting side. Maybe I'm posting it on the wrong main forum.
    My webpage was functional again in about two hours from the time I first contacted them about the outage.

I have some names with RFly.
    But also with GoDaddy and Namecheap.
    No probs with Namecheap (but I never contacted them) nor with GoDaddy, (but I only wrote to them once for a minor issue, with no reply).
    Most of my domains are with RFly and that was because of all their extras for only a little extra money.
    Everything is well, live chat is usually responsive in a few minutes, and I had no problems with their English although quite obviously not being English their primary language.
    Only one problem, quite a big one actually: they billed me mistakenly for around 140.00 $.
    But they almost immediately acknowledged the mistake and promised a full reund.
    I am waiting for that, it's been 3 weeks but they did say I had to wait for several days.
    I'll give another couple and contact them asking what they mean by "several".
    I'm not using their side services anymore, because fully paid for ones are obviously better, but I still consider them the best option. Only narrowly prevailing though.
    I hope this helps to give you all an idea.
    Bye.

i'd say having hosting from a pro hosting company is way better to use domain registration company for hosting.

always keep things separated or get things from hosting company which uses reputable registrar for domain registration.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yes, I have experience with Registerfly.

I alsmost lost my health!!!

They ROUTINELY lost my DNS settings without warning. I would fix the domain and tell them my settings had been lost. They would say: it works now. Yes, it works, but only because I fixed it.

Also, renewed many domains (pre-paid with PayPal). They showed up as renewed on their site. But they never renewed them ... what a mess! Keep in mind that regsiterfly, whofly, and enom are OFTEN not in sync.

You waste so much time!!! Avoid them like the plague!

"Hindu" is a religion, not a language.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast