Resellers who own their own datacenters only, please...

I have been hosting sites for years and have amassed several dozen domains that are being used for one purpose or another, some customers, some personal, some personal business. I am now growing to need a set of stock images, sounds and movie clips which will require a multi-gig account somewhere. Most likely the media will only be available for me and people that I give custom logins to browse. I currently have a personal account at hostrocket (I love this host tremendously and will use them forever at the rate they have been going so far). Under $15 month to month for 1gb space and 50gb b/w is to good to pass for their awesome service. I shall always keep my hostrocket account as a fail-safe for email, space and bandwidth. I have one account at a reseller (kualo, who has been awesome and wonderful). I need quite a bit more space than either of these are wanting to give at the price I want to pay.

Now I have researched and hosted some domains as tests on many hosts in the past, and hostrocket and kualo has done the job for me. Nowadays there are so many mom & pop & junior hosting "companies" that are little more than resellers of resellers of resellers. I do not wish to host at one of these guys since I essentially AM one of these guys.

In short, I would like a list of companies who offer reseller services that OWN THEIR OWN DATACENTER. If you are a rep for a company that does that, or if you know for sure of one that does this please respond. You can give some details but I'm not looking to get burned again. I will check ip's ARIN, WHT, google and others before I even think about sending a buck to anyone.

I've been burned once or twice. Please only recommend hosts that you know own their own datacenter. If it's 2 or 3 hosts, then that's all I'll look through.

From this list of hosts, I will try to see if any of them can accomodate my space needs for a very reasonable price.

Thanks,

Crazy J

P.S. If anyone is thinking of asking why I'd want this, in my experience the companies who own their own datacenters and have long term positive feedback from multiple sources are much more reliable over time. That said, I just want a reseller host who owns their own datacenter :)

BTW, what I mean by resellers is not just someone who will give a series of discounts on regular accounts. I need WHM (since I'm used to it) or another Control Panel option that will give me relatively total access to add / remove domains as I choose. I need my own nameservers.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

crazyj, just so you know, it's not allowed for reps to make posts advertising their respective companies in this forum.

That being said, I wish you luck in your quest, as most hosts that you will find on here have servers purchased or colo'ed at a dc somewhere.

So you were burned by the fact that hosts you were with did not own a datacenter?

Could you perhaps elaborate on that a bit and explain exactly why you feel you would have less problems with a host who did own their own datacenter?

web:http://www.allabouthosting.co.uk
    email: sales@allabouthosting.co.uk

We are not allowed to get on this forum and broadcast "We have our own data center!" or not, so even doing a search on this forum won't turn up what you are looking for even if it is here.
    Kathy Stover
    http://www.synergyconnect.com

nocster offers reseller accounts and they own their datacenter.
    thats about the only one I can think of.
    www.loadthis.net © 2002
    premium quality web hosting
    virtual / resellers / dedicated servers
    AIM loadthis007 email sales@loadthis.net

When I had reseller accounts, I had one through Versehost. Then had a couple dedicated servers with them. I understand they have their own NOC now. Worth looking in to. www.versehost.com.

Glenn

(edit spelling)
    Last edited by Fair Dinkum; 08-09-2003 at 10:26 PM.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Crazyj, check out Qhost they own their own facility. It's not a mega 25,000sq. + data center, but a stable facility that has good support.

Resellers who own their own datacenters only
    By going directly through the datacentre you'll incur higher costs than if you go through a webhost situated at that datacentre.
    The reason for this is that with a datacentre you can almost always ONLY do colo or dedicated servers, in fact the only one I know who offers decent reseller packages is Nocster.
    Again, I would stress that you should buy it from a webhost who doesn't have their own datacentre, as they buy bandwidth in bulk and can therefore sell it to you at a cheaper rate than you could get directly through the datacentre.

Originally posted by Andrew
    So you were burned by the fact that hosts you were with did not own a datacenter?

Could you perhaps elaborate on that a bit and explain exactly why you feel you would have less problems with a host who did own their own datacenter?
    I don't care to elaborate on my methods.

Thanks to everyone for their links. So far I have the following leads and suggestions:

www.FutureQuest.net
    www.VenturesOnline.com
    www.prioritycolo.com/reseller.shtml
    www.nocster.com
    www.versehost.com
    www.qhost.com

Any more to add?

Crazy J

Oh well, best of luck to you then. I'm sure you won't need it since you've got it all figured out, but good luck anyway!

I guess I do want to explain...

Originally posted by Andrew
    Oh well, best of luck to you then. I'm sure you won't need it since you've got it all figured out, but good luck anyway!
    You kidding? We need all the "luck" we can get in this business. I learned a valuable lesson with my two current hosts.

Hostrocket and Kualo have been above and beyond awesome. Hostrocket has a lot of customers and in my opinion the majority of negatives associated with them have to do with end user ignorance. A lot of their users are so green that they attribute many common problems and mistakes to them even though they are not at all to blaim for what winds up being end user training issues. Kualo... well I've never had any real problems with them at all, period. They've always been on the ball. They do not have their own datacenter, but their support is above and beyond any host I've ever dealt with. The one failure I remember them having (I think it was database corruption) resolved so quickly I was hardly affected. They have people just minutes away from answering support tickets 24/7, they are honest, fair and most of all they are balanced. Right now, these two hosts have spoiled me with their level of technology and support.

What I have figured out is that if I cannot get service from a new company like I'm currently getting from Hostrocket and Kualo, I simply will not move. If I can get service and prices like these or better, in writing, and with a history that backs up their claim, I may try their services for a while to see if I should move my business.

I've never had any long term downtime for any of my customers except for occassional server reboots, and that only takes minutes. I attribute that to heavy research and and going with my gut feeling after such research.

Now I need to expand my business, and I will need more reseller space than I currently can get from Kualo. I know I will be getting dedicated servers within a year, so while I'm growing I'd rather not have to leave one datacenter and go to another. If possible I would like to host with one company through the duration of this next growth period.

Hmm... I thought I didn't want to explain my methods... well mebbie I did...

Hostrocket has some awesome fully managed dedicated deals going on. If I can just wait a few more months, maybe I can go straight to a dedicated. It won't hurt to do research until then, though.

Crazy J

P.S. I've been with around a dozen hosts. I needed one for a good reseller account (kualo, $24.95) and one for my all purpose personal account, seperate datacenter than kualo (hostrocket $14.95 1GB / 40GB "less if you pay months in advance") I eventually went with these two companies because of support, organization and price. You ought to check them out if you are in the market.

does hostrocket.com have reseller plans?

Re: I guess I do want to explain...

Originally posted by crazyj

Hostrocket and Kualo have been above and beyond awesome.
    Thank you, it's always great to hear good comments from our customers.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

Originally posted by Dedicatedone
    does hostrocket.com have reseller plans?
    I don't think they do reseller plans like I want. I believe they give discounts the more plans you get, or something. Or that may have been in the past.

I'm really looking for CPanel / WHM access to my sites, not just making individual sites. I need to be able to make sites at my whim, not wait (even if it is a few minutes / hours) for someone else to set it up in WHM.

I wish they did to reseller plans. In the past they've suggested that they MIGHT. But I don't know what ever happened to that.

Originally posted by crazyj
    I don't think they do reseller plans like I want. I believe they give discounts the more plans you get, or something. Or that may have been in the past.

I'm really looking for CPanel / WHM access to my sites, not just making individual sites. I need to be able to make sites at my whim, not wait (even if it is a few minutes / hours) for someone else to set it up in WHM.

I wish they did to reseller plans. In the past they've suggested that they MIGHT. But I don't know what ever happened to that.

I heard this rumor somewhere that the particular type of reseller plan needed might just be coming within the next few weeks.

But then again, how would I know?
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service