new Experiences with the new Xgamer

OK , I done a lot of searching over these forums and it seems a lot of you been posting bad reviews lately about him..

I been a customer of his for almost 9 months now and I can tell you that I was in the golden stages when he offered UUNET out of boston. After the first move , my box was set on the new colocation center and it rocked until his whole operation moved to it. Speeds where nasty , his availability was SLIM to none. and it was EXTREMELY frustrating.. my other partner gladiator who resells gaming servers was extremely frustrated over the ordeal and was about to retire his whole gaming server operation due to the downtimes and the terrible lag on it

I guess that about 80-90% of the posts here that are negative where due part during these moves.

Until gladiator went to Washington , he made a deal with xgamer which I will not disclose here since its not public disclosure. and now have gotten into a Equinix facility where they have a Gig-E line dedicated just for his operations.

Anyhow I gotten to preview the new website and the new trouble ticketing system , billing and the new priority support. And all I can say is wow..

anyhow so what is my post really about?

well to shed some light and for those angry and concerned customers of his.. there is light at the end of this tunnel..

and BTW the new carrier rocks.. its a lot better than the boston facility.

If you guys got any questions don't hesitate to email me , I guess I have a little bit more information.since no public announcements have been done on behalf of xgamer.

Mod please pm me if you need to update my thread or delete it..

thx
    Last edited by FastAttack; 05-07-2003 at 10:35 AM.

How much he pay you to say that?

Originally posted by wubwob
    How much he pay you to say that?
    Careful with wild accusations, unless you have proof.
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

UrbanServers.com - Premium UK SSD Virtual Servers

Tis a joke

I havent used xgamer services before, so i wouldnt comment on there services!

Careful with wild accusations, unless you have proof.
    The proof should be provided by the thread starter, questioning the validity of the post is quite acceptable. I too would express caution with regards to the above thread.
    MattF - Since the start..

Ouch.. , not good at all..
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Heh, Xgamer doesnt pay **** to make people make him look good. Fastattack is a long time friend. No, Xgamer didnt pay him anything, and he never paid me either.

so did you get anything in return for saying that? it seems that the is a consensus about how bad the service is(was?). So why is there a sudden change? I am just curious...
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

what validty do you guys need me to prove..

I don't work for them and I don't get paid .. I have 1 server from them which I use to host some of my servers with..

I am just trying to point out I am a customer of his and yes.. I did have all of those problems... I am one of those guys frustrated over the past few months

I pay $299 for a dual box that I host games..

you all might think its biased but I am happy after they shown me what they are going to do.. because I've enjoyed the service when it was up and running..

now its EXTREMELY sad that you guys just came out here telling me I got paid to say that..

no this is my true emotions behind it.. and if I was getting paid believe me I would at least show representation from him..

But I am not..

Originally posted by kohashi
    so did you get anything in return for saying that? it seems that the is a consensus about how bad the service is(was?). So why is there a sudden change? I am just curious...
    to reply to that..

if you look via the history of these forums it was BAD..

why the sudden change?.. if you have noticed here that the reason why its bad its due xgamer not communicating to the customers of his..

And to me that is frustrating...

now if I am biased on bringing in information.. and getting flamed over it.. then next time I won't bring any information.. because its just plain stupid for me to get talked about like that.

If you know me from the tribes community you would know who I am and can prove validity.

What else do you guys need?

if it continues I just want the mod to delete this thread and forget about it. Because I don't want a integrity war to start..

again the only reason was information..

and its not a review.. if you noticed I never put scores or anything..
    Its just an informational post..

now just a reply to the moderator..

the only reason why I know about the internal dealings of the company is due to the fact that my other friend got his lawyers and xgamer's lawyers to set out a new biz model that would contribute to the companie's growth.

//edit this was in no way meaning that there was trouble between both parties.. is just an arrangement of a new biz plan set out.//

I never said it was good or bad.. I just wanted to state that there is light at the end of the tunnel.. they are changing and since there is no official statement from them.. therefore I just wanted you guys to know..
    Last edited by FastAttack; 05-08-2003 at 11:09 AM.

Well try to understand...

Some guy, who seemed to rip off people with not providing services, or very poor services.
    And you'r telling us, that he suddenly become serious and he's providing good services now...

sounds strange, eh?
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Originally posted by BiGWill
    Well try to understand...

Some guy, who seemed to rip off people with not providing services, or very poor services.
    And you'r telling us, that he suddenly become serious and he's providing good services now...

sounds strange, eh?
    he never ripped me off so thats good

but I understand the concerns though after reading about 10-12 threads about his other dealing here and frustrations

Why do you think my friend got a lawyer with xgamer's lawyers to set out a new biz plan.. ( again sorry I meant something else here english is not my native language)

so that he has new regs to abide by and TOS that his customers will serve.

//edit missinterpretation of the usage

and again where did I point out that he is providing good services? you guys are jumping the gun..

I am just stating due to the circumstances he has been forced to change..
    Last edited by FastAttack; 05-08-2003 at 11:12 AM.

XGamer still owes me a lot of stuff.

1- Dual MPs 2400+ server (sitting in his office for over 2weeks)
    2- 2x MP 2400+ CPUs upgrade for my other server (have been waiting 4-5months already)
    3- and 2x 1.0GB of Ram......

I don't hate XGamer. I like XGamer's network and pricing. But so far, he gave me a lot of problems. He often ignores his customers and his customer support needs a lot* of improvement.

p.s.- he needs more staffs too

Originally posted by eXg
    I don't hate XGamer. I like XGamer's network and pricing. But so far, he gave me a lot of problems. He often ignores his customers and his customer support needs a lot* of improvement.

p.s.- he needs more staffs too
    eXg email me at fastattack@fastattack.org

in detail just put me what he owes you and I will relay it back to gladiator
    or email gladiator are

admin@gladiatorarenas.net

btw as far as staff goes , the equinix facility is fully staffing "xgamer's" operation.. meaning that the tech support is equinix directly..

its just that the ticketing is going to get sorted first according to James..

I understand what you mean about owing you hardware.. he owes one of my other gaming buddies a machine still ( he rent to buy the machine paying $400 monthly)

anyhow.. I hope I shed some light and again I am here to help..

I purposed already that he start off a forum community like that of rackshack ( which is pretty informative )

and I think he is considering the idea as well..

I am happy with xgamer and I know that xgamer as a company has a lot of potential on bringing in a better service.. is just that he needs to be pointed in the right direction

Yep... you spread light over who you are... and what you are doing

But i do have to say, i don't have much faith in a company who needs to be pointed in the right direction by lawyers!?
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Originally posted by BiGWill
    Yep... you spread light over who you are... and what you are doing

But i do have to say, i don't have much faith in a company who needs to be pointed in the right direction by lawyers!?

Actually if you really look at it by a big picture.. almost all corporations are pointed in the right direction by lawyers..

unfortunately thats how america runs... and well it keeps "some" balance in the matrix of our world.. kinda like the sentinels ( geeky rant off :X)

believe me though he does a great job on aquiring sweet connections and stuff , just needs to be pointed by his customers in the right direction..

and like I said I purposed a forum like rackshack already and they are highly considering it...

xgamer.net. the new website looks cool altrough none op the links work yet.

one question. how much BW is 1 mbit?

bit dissapointed that they went from uunet to Hurricane. i think uunet was a better B/W provider..

if I am wrong then tell me.

Originally posted by .hammer
    xgamer.net. the new website looks cool altrough none op the links work yet.

one question. how much BW is 1 mbit?

bit dissapointed that they went from uunet to Hurricane. i think uunet was a better B/W provider..

if I am wrong then tell me.
    I am not sure about the move to HE..

but I am happy.. I get routed through level 3 to the equinix facility

now how much bw is 1 megabit?

1 megabit I suppose..

or do you mean "monthly" usage
    if you are asking its about
    324 gigabytes
    per month of transfer.

I would like to first start off with an explanation of why things got so bad so fast.

I have done gameserver hosting for 3 years now, and was quite proficient at it.
    One day, I had the bright idea that I would get into doing dedicated and colocation services as well.
    What I didn't count on, was the overwhelming response that I got for orders. I didn't have enough capital set back to finance the level of growth that came my way.
    Nor did I have a proper support system in place to handle it.
    To put it in short, I completely allowed myself to get overwhelmed rather than put a stop to it.
    This is my fault, and for all those who received crappy service from us, or never got your server, I am truly sorry.

I am currently having the backend on the site completed so that we will have a trouble ticket system, linked directly to on-site support that will be available 24/7.
    We are also setting up a chat room that will offer voice and text chat where you can actually talk to the support guys.
    I am also no longer a one man operation.

The move to HE.net was done so that I could have a greater bandwidth capacity at a lower cost.
    The move to the Equinix (Ashburn) datacenter was so I could have a variety of carriers to choose from.
    Bandwidth going unmetered is something that will be reserved for gameservers only, since I know what gameservers use, and can effectively manage that.
    I will continue to have my office in my home because quite simply put, I like being here. I will however be installing a second line for business, and I WILL start answering it.
    Over the next 3 weeks, I will be getting all of these things set up and running.

Now, most importantly, for all of those who I owe refunds to, or have hardware from that needs to be sent somewhere, please email me at admin@xgamer.net and I will start getting this sorted out.
    What you need to include is:
    name
    payment method
    amount
    phone number
    what was ordered
    If I have hardware that belongs to you, please include the shipping address that its to be sent to.

I will contact you back immediately to arrange restitution.

Netdude, if you are out there still, get in touch with me.

Originally posted by FastAttack
    eXg email me at fastattack@fastattack.org

in detail just put me what he owes you and I will relay it back to gladiator
    or email gladiator are

admin@gladiatorarenas.net

btw as far as staff goes , the equinix facility is fully staffing "xgamer's" operation.. meaning that the tech support is equinix directly..

its just that the ticketing is going to get sorted first according to James..

I understand what you mean about owing you hardware.. he owes one of my other gaming buddies a machine still ( he rent to buy the machine paying $400 monthly)

anyhow.. I hope I shed some light and again I am here to help..

I purposed already that he start off a forum community like that of rackshack ( which is pretty informative )

and I think he is considering the idea as well..

I am happy with xgamer and I know that xgamer as a company has a lot of potential on bringing in a better service.. is just that he needs to be pointed in the right direction
    Most of my problems are fixed now, thanks