Thread: Stablehost

Hey guys, I am starting a real small forum, I have been looking around at your posts and found that stablehost seems to have a package that is right for me.
    Does anyone have any comments on this host?
    Thanks!

oh thats a hosting company? lol, I thought you were looking for a stable host - and no I don't have any experience with them
    they seem to be overselling a little bit but I can't really comment more than that.

I didn't find anything on them. They are overselling a bit. My suggestion would be contacting their sales department and seeing how fast they respond and see what feeling you get. From the Whois, it looks like they've been in business for 4 or so years.

What are your requirements? How do you feel about overselling?
    No negative reviews is usually a good sign.

If you're just starting off a small forum, nearly any shared hosting would work sufficiently. Just keep in mind that there are likely to be better options if you plan on growing your forum.

I didn't find anything on them. They are overselling a bit. My suggestion would be contacting their sales department and seeing how fast they respond and see what feeling you get. From the Whois, it looks like they've been in business for 4 or so years.
    I get really fast responses from this guy Tyler and he seems to know what he is doing.
    They also don't have a limitation on the size of the SQL DB, it uses your alloted storage amount. Some places give you 30GB storage and 100MB for the DB.
    I think this is a good place for a starter site, my requirements are almost non existent. I could probably host this on my comcast space, but the price isn't bad.
    Thanks for your input.
    IWEB may have been my second choice FYI.

IWEB may have been my second choice FYI.
    Here are some reviews on IWeb, http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/iWebTechnologiesInc.html and http://hostjury.com/reviews/iweb. But, some of those are for their dedicated hosting. Good Luck!

I've never heard of them - if they look good to you make sure to read their Terms of Service from top to bottom for loop holes and if that looks good sign up and give them a shot and post your findings here in a month or two.