Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTN1 sucks

Thumbs down CTN1 sucks

I had 5 servers on CTN1. But they were always bad in customer care so I carried 4 of them to Turkey. Now they are working great.

I have 1 server on CTN1 right now but they closed it without any information and their email is;

----------------
    Good Morning Sir,

We have no trust on your company.

You have canceled all servers and now you make a backup….for restart on different data center. Sorry. We disconnect this server in ten minutes.

Cordialement / best regards
    Franck DELMAS
    Ingénieur Support / Technical Support Team
    CTN1 SAS
    66, avenue des Champs Elysées
    75008 PARIS
    France
    Tel : +33 (0)1 53 56 12 70
    Fax : +33 (0)1 53 56 12 71
    Mail upport@ctn1.net
    Site: http://www.ctn1.net

-------------

I was working with them for 1,5 years and they can say these words to me. And couldnt I backup my server? Couldnt I stop the service if I dont like the service? Then I said If you dont trust me then I will have NO reason to work with CTN1. Then they get angry because I will leave them after my payment.

Now they are not charging the amount from my credit card. They charged 3 times before from the same cc. They want money with wire transfer... I can not understand what the hell are they doing.

My server is closed and I am losing money. CTN1 is not a good place to be in. If you are looking for somewhere runaway from them.

If you paid in advance, how could they disconnect your server?!

I would suspect there is much more to this story. maybe we will get more details soon.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

They do NOT accept credit card!! They are wasting my time.

They want the money with wire transfer and it's fee is 50€ extra for me. They are doing this because I said them I will not work with them in the next period. Thats all.

HiVelocity, what do you mean?

Complete story about EVI

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail about CTN1 Company.

You have only forget a minor point but essential on relation business.

"Each time you have two months laters on your payment!!!"

We have made more effort with your company and for see your money you have no choice to cut off your servers.

We don't know if any web hosting company accept this later on the payment.

We have purpose each time delay for your company and now after 1.5 Year you write "CTN1 is suck".

It's your opinion and we respect this but please find another web hosting company...

Good luck on your new web hosting company.

have a nice week end...
    Last edited by mgctn1; 08-21-2005 at 06:09 PM.
    CTN1.NET - Hosting Solutions
    Support 24x7 Cisco Equipement • multihomed Network
    Now Fully Managed Email Server Ready!! Contact Us!
    Hosting Manager - Marc G.

mgctn1, I'm still waiting for a reply to my pre-sales question from 6 months ago ~_~

Originally posted by BSD2
    mgctn1, I'm still waiting for a reply to my pre-sales question from 6 months ago ~_~
    WOW! 6 months you are still waiting......very patient.

As HiVelocity said, there is probably much more to this.
    CTN1 *do* take credit cards, they have billed mine each month for around 2 years.

Marc and Franck at CTN1 have always been helpful to me and the other customers I have recommended to them.

That just wrong... Plain Wrong

6 months I think it is safe to say that email got lost.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

lol...?

Didn't know we were allowed to start flame wars on other companies

Originally posted by WebHostics
    lol...?

Didn't know we were allowed to start flame wars on other companies
    And how is it a flame war?

I'd have to say that my experience with CTN1 wasn't great either. I emailed to cancel a server three times, never got a response, and I still get emails from them, etc. about a year later. I've checked and my CC hasn't been billed, so I guess it isn't too bad, just seems they need to work on billing/communication.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Did mgctn1 babelfish that? It's some of the most horribly broken english I've seen. If I can't understand you then I can't do business with you. Maybe a bit cruel, but communication is very important to me.

1stStrike, cut him some slack, English isnt afterall his first language, CTN1 are French. Having said that, reading it a few times helps you understand what he said.

Took me a few times too, basically I think that the thread starter is two months behind on payment... or something.

I'm looking for Europe provider for web-hosting.
    Thing that I'm scaring with ctn1.net - is their TOS.
    According to their TOS they will charge 199euro 1st time and 500euro next times for each spam incident plus 149euro per hour for investigation.
    Amazing

They have good ping and not bad prices but this TOS is not for webhosting.

2 months late in payments + host shuts off server = "they suck"

Seems that math is always the same.

I was thinking of using them last year, luckily I didn't~
    Artists News - http://www.videohitz.com
    MCSA Tutorial - http://www.mcsa-exam.com

I'm from Spain.

I have 1/2 Rack (20 U) whit CTN1 about 6 months.

Absolute: None problem. Very good service.

They really help me whit all problems, very comprenssive. In many times, they not charge me for support (put servers in rack, reset Windows 2003 password, etc...) they do all for free.

Franck, Olivier, Yves, Chloe, Mario, etc... all are very good people.

I'm really good whit CTN1, I'm recomend them.

You actually like them so much, that you somehow find this thread, sign up just to say how much you love them, without giving any references to your company.

Do you mind if i take that post not too serious?
    M. Leil
    Swiftway Communications AS35017
    mleil@swiftnoc.com
    A Neoworld Limited company.

If you think...

You can check: gruposys4net.com

This is my website, hosted in my own servers in CTN1 (colocation, 1/2 rack)

From how I'm reading this, the OP is in the wrong, and in the red...

The OP was behind on his bills, the host was kind enough to let him slide for two months, when the OP realized they weren't going to cut him any more slack he moved his servers.

In an attempt to get payment from the OP, CTN1 shut down the last remaining server, and held his data hostage. And required him to submit payment via secured funds, rather than a credit card that a chargeback could be done on.

Then, whats the OP do? Come here and say they suck, just because he couldn't afford to pay his debt.

If I'm somehow incorrect in my understanding of this situation feel free to correct me.
    EZZI.net - A Service of Access Integrated Technologies Inc
    Running data centers, nationwide data network, and world-wide VoIP network.
    http://www.EZZI.net sales@ezzi.net

On the off chance that CTN1 pay attention to this thread:

ctn1, if you want, you can PM me your reply to this thread, and I'll try my best to translate it into English.
    ctn1, envoyez mois un PM, je traduirai a l'anglais.

Well. here's my story about Ctn1...

I ordered my first server at Ctn1 one year ago. The service, the latency, the price and everything looked fine, so I ordered one more the next month.

In June, they had trouble, one of my servers was dead, and after 2 days I received this email:

"Madam, Sir,

We met on June 3, 2005 to 01:30 of the morning a major disturbance on our backbone network caused by internal and external incidents.

We occupied all our teams during the night and so far to allow as soon as possible giving in state the various services on the way as well the level servers networks.

We cannot communicate any more information for the moment.

Currently, there remain dedicated servers in the black in the IP class xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. We have stopped announce for theses IP on the internet.

We invite you to us to announce it while using in priority the Email our phone lines are completely busy. We very hard work hard for restore the situation. For your information, we had received 4000 phone call in 24 hours and we have lost 800 calls. Apologize for all customers. Please accept our excuses for this situation.

***bla bla bla****

We will return to you the current of the next week as soon as we can authorize to express us on the subject.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Support Team CTN1"

OK, but my server did not appear after this. In 3 weeks, I made phonecalls and sendt emails, and suddenly they told me that the mainboard, the hard drive and the network card were broken..... After 3 weeks! Then - I got a new server. (Of course, I had my own backups, and was able to restore all domains temporary on another server.)

Due to their SLA, I also should have at least one month free after the incident, but no - they "can not remember the 3 weeks downtime"....

For about 6 month I have been waiting for RAM upgrades at my 2 first servers. So far: nothing has happened.

In August they made withdrawals from my credit card for the servers twice. After about 1 month, I got something back; I got a couple of "paid" invoices. But they still owe me some money.

I've never waited less than 1 week to get a new server. 2 of my orders never were completed....

A lot of emails and support tickets were never answered.

And the list is even longer....

Back off from Ctn1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast