Any colo service in Toronto ?

I am in Toronto. Anyone can tell me if there is good-feedback colo services in Toronto? satellite cities such as Halmilton, Markham are OK too.

MY organization plan to colo 3-4 server (1-2 web, 2 db) with DNS server ourself. all server are 1u/2u or Midtower.

Thanks

I'd go to www.prioritycolo.com ... he's a good guy. Tell him dedicatedone sent ya!

istop also offers colocation at 151 front street toronto .
    There prices are in canadian dollars .
    priority colo buys some connection from them (and I think some other people) .
    Istop has some relaibility issues with there ottawa queensview colocation in the past (personal experience) but I here there toronto colocation is good.
    http://www.istop.com/co-location.html

peer1 (www.peer1.net) is absolutely great. I've been hosting with them for almost a year and can only say good things about them. Their colo is at 1 Young St (Toronto Star building) and I've heard they are buying space at 151 Front as well. Their octal (rack/8 cage) is at CAD 275 + tax - you can fit about 5 units there (say 2x2 U" + 1 U"). Includes 25G of pipe (additional 1G starts at 4.5 which is a bit pricey). Quarter a rack is I think 350/mo or so. Let me know (vladj at vladathome *dot* com) if you decide to talk to their sales, - they do have a referral fee of $300.

Istop.com - I hosted with them for few months: cheap but I really don't recommend them. Nothing against Ralph and Jennifer, they are great people but the service isnt' worth it. It's an open telco rack at 151 Front, they have no people in Toronto at all, if a router fails (yes it did, more than one time, because they use cheap stuff) the rumour is they send people from Ottawa Since the rack is open, any moron can accidentally pull out your power plug, their power went off more than one time, their routes are shaky, etc - it's a good service if you want to host your home page but I hever got the nerve to host there anything that generates money. You come to the cage, you better bring your own monitor and keyboard because there is nothing in there you can use. Really micky-mouse operation, at least in Toronto - at least it was 3 months ago when I pulled the plug on it.

Vlad

Vlad,

Yeah, the Istop equipment (is/was, theres a bit of each) in the RACO shared area. I love giving people tours (as we're in RACO space too, but not shared thank God, we have our own cage), and they ask why they shouldn't go direct with RACO and buy the bandwidth from us.... I love showing them what the shared space actually consists of (mind you the 603/604 suites, i don't have access to, those are a total dump, at least the 7th floor is properly done), when they see theres no cabinets, the look on their faces is classic . Nowdays RACO has cabinets in the shared area, available as an extra fee though, by no means their standard.

Istop's techs are in Toronto (they have 1-2 on call), but the same feeling applies, I wouldn't dare rely on them for anything, nor the RACO techs, some people can handle a job efficiently, properly, and affordably, and some just can't.

If you scan through the companies hosted within RACO, you'll find that some do provide a happy medium, and some are on the fringe of the two extremes .
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

it's amazing what you can find in google.

http://www.gremlin.ca/gremlins/shadow.html

Originally posted by lotuslnd
    it's amazing what you can find in google.

http://www.gremlin.ca/gremlins/shadow.html
    That is pretty scary, mostly because I think I just met the guy running that box. That box is no longer in Istop's rack, the owner lost a power supply I believe on the original, and was trying to cram another box into his shelf, which was about 1mm too thick for the shelf. He was having a heck of a time trying to get it back up into the rack without overlapping out of his 1u of space, looked like good fun . That picture must be a few years old, as directly behind the Istop rack (if I'm not mistaken, we're on a different floor in 151, no access to that cage), is another company that has the entire cage filled up now .
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com