Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What was your first Android Device

For me, it was the HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) to replace my Palm Pre
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

My Motorola Milestone.

Almost 2 years old, 256mb of ram and a locked bootloader but I'm still loving it!

My trusty DHD that I still currently use.

Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I fell in love.
    Jen Lepp
    “Customer service represents the heart of a brand in the hearts of its customers.” – Kate Nasser

Droid X, love it
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

I had a G1 when they hit the market. My personal favorate was probably the HTC EVO.
    Frank Laszlo - Developer
    Franksworld Solutions, LLC

I owned a Samsung Galaxy i7500

HTC Droid Incredible, the first one.
    I still have two of them, they rock!!

Im planning on getting the HTC One S in the next days. I guess that will be my first Android device.

HTC Desire.

Recently rooted it and flashed with the SuperNova ROM to allow apps to install and run from SD card which has given this great little device a new lease of life.
    ItsmirHosting UK/EU Shared Hosting • UK & US VPS Hosting • Charity (NFP) Hosting
    Fast, Friendly and Reliable Hosting
    Litespeed Powered • cPanel • CloudLinux • Softaculous • Daily Offsite Backups
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.9% uptime - 24/7 Dedicated UK support

Motorola Defy, Android 2.2 works really good.
    Hosting and software in Colombia
    https://www.soluweb.co

The Nexus One was my first Android phone. Before that I was a blackberry / winmo user, and before that I used many other non "smart" phones.

I've always used Nexus phones as I like the pure Android experience without 3rd party carrier overlays and bloatware. My primary phones are the Galaxy Nexus & the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch.
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook

Motorola Atrix 4G. It was the hottest phone out of CES 2010. Bought it in February on launch day.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Nexus S. Fantastic piece of hardware but there's one thing that really bugs me and that's the mic voice quality, which sucks.

Waiting for the next Nexus phone. If you really want to experience a clean Android installation without bloatware or playing around with custom roms Nexus phones are the way to go.
    Cost effective and reliable website & server monitoring
    OnUptime - www.onuptime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unquantifiable View Post
    Nexus S. Fantastic piece of hardware but there's one thing that really bugs me and that's the mic voice quality, which sucks.

Waiting for the next Nexus phone. If you really want to experience a clean Android installation without bloatware or playing around with custom roms Nexus phones are the way to go.
    The Samsung or HTC nexus one?

Thats something I donīt pretty much like about HTC, they put their Sense software on it. I want to experience a clean Android OS.

This is whats holding me back so far to get the HTC One. But hardware wise and features there is not another one which comes with 4.0 and has or is similar in features. Another thing I just hate about all this phones is how big they are. What is the smallest Android device available?

I want something which is comfortable in the pocket. If I want such a big thing I would get a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post

Thats something I donīt pretty much like about HTC, they put their Sense software on it. I want to experience a clean Android OS.

This is whats holding me back so far to get the HTC One. But hardware wise and features there is not another one which comes with 4.0 and has or is similar in features. Another thing I just hate about all this phones is how big they are. What is the smallest Android device available?

I want something which is comfortable in the pocket. If I want such a big thing I would get a tablet.
    Nexus S = Samsung manufactured.

All the previous nexus phones were HTC including the nexus one.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    For me, it was the HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) to replace my Palm Pre
    For me, it was also the HTC EVO 4G to replace my Blackberry.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Hello,
    As am Android Consoeur <<cough fanboy>>, I typically like to stay as stock as possible. All of my phones are HTC because I like the button layout and build quality. All of my devices are rooted and running CyanogenMod. There is something about Sense 4 that I am really liking. It is not as in-your-face as Sense 2 and 3. I plan on getting the HTC EVO 4G LTE and trying sense before resorting to aftermarket ROMS... of course it will still be rooted
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Droid 1, then I got an Droid 2 Global, traded that for an HTC Incredible, then traded the incredible for a Droid X, after a few months, traded the Droid X for a Thunderbolt, thunderbolt broke so I switched to a BlackBerry, then my contract came up for renewal, so I just got an HTC Rezound, and I loaded the latest ICS leak for it, so far, this thing is amazing.

The Galaxy Nexus is pretty much similar to the HTC One X. Htc One X just has a slightly better camera and Tegra 3.

If you want the full Android experience, get a Nexus phone.

--

Best thing about Android is you get to have a lot of choices when it comes to phones.

I have 4.6, 4.3 and a 3.7 inch phones, and after getting used to a 4.6 inch phone, the 3.7 inch one feels very uncomfortable.

A 3.0 inch Xperia Mini?
    Last edited by gvirtucio; 04-11-2012 at 12:17 AM.

To be honest, my phone is a 4.3 inch screen, and it fits into a standard jeans pocket with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gvirtucio View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus is pretty much similar to the HTC One X. Htc One X just has a slightly better camera and Tegra 3.

If you want the full Android experience, get a Nexus phone.

--

Best thing about Android is you get to have a lot of choices when it comes to phones.

I have 4.6, 4.3 and a 3.7 inch phones, and after getting used to a 4.6 inch phone, the 3.7 inch one feels very uncomfortable.

A 3.0 inch Xperia Mini?
    The nexus is not really that similar to the One X other than size and that it runs Android. It's quite different in fact. The CPU/GPU, camera functionality, body material and build, battery, OS overlays, audio integration, all different than the Nexus. The nexus is just pure android.

The One X is geared for a totally different experience, although AOSP ROMs will be out before you know it. I'm sure the CM9 betas are already being worked on.

So if you want plain vanilla android get a nexus, but you really can't compare the phone to the One X as it's MUCH newer and totally different.

Yes but I can get the HTC One S for almost the same price as the Samsung Nexus (500$ range), and I get a better camera and a better body material.

I already have a HTC and another Samsung Focus, the HTC feels like a quality military phone, the Focus, very nice with its Amoled Screen stills feels like a cheap plastic phone. I dropped it only twice in 1 year and parts of the plastic case are damaged.

I already have a 5 Mega pixel camera so going to 8 is a big upgrade for me. The Nexus looks great, but I donīt like the Google brand name on the back. Sure, Android is Google but I donīt like t-shirts that put their big branding name either on my physical person, im a human, not a walking brand. Just like GAP cloth which I hate for the same reason. I donīt need to show what I wear regardless if its a phone or a t-shirt.

I donīt plan to do Google branding, unless they pay me for it, so honestly even if the phone looks very nice I really dislike that big ugly Google name on the back of the case.

I do love the Google brand, but not to endorse it 24/7 everywhere I go.

I actually own allot of Samsung stuff and I really like them but in phones honestly I think HTC means more quality, the phone can be dropped, Samsung phones are neat devices but I donīt think they can take the same...

Its a hard decision for sure.

I think my first Android phone was the Droid(Original) and then shortly after, i hated the way it looked so i went and exchanged for Droid Eris...it was slow so then i went and got another Droid lol

HTC Desire - Then got stolen while on holiday :-(

Had to manage with the HTC Wildfire for a bit before getting the HTC Sensation XE...think I like HTC a bit too much
    AMS Computer | Delivering Excellence - Providing web hosting since 1996!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous |
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups

http://www.amscomputer.com |

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast