New site for financing company... please review

This is a site that I'm designing for a factoring company. They had very specific requirements and several of the design points are not mine. Please review.
    http://www.cybertoads.net/ffc

Thanks!
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~
    Hosting -- Design -- Consulting

Quite slow to load here on 56k.

Only looked at your homepage. There is a thin yellow strip at the end of your header.

The black text with a red shadow is not very eye-friendly. Maybe widen your navigation column and increase the space around your text - looks a tad constricted. I would also lean towards a sans-serif font. The changing text at the bottom is annoying and doesn't add much (and background doesn't match).

Cheers, Victor

It took 5 seconds to load on my 2.5mbit cable line...
    The design is good, but you should use a different image format for faster loading, I haven't had a website load so slowly since I had 56kb.

Ya its sort of slow..

You may want to change the text color and size from blue to something different and larger also...

As someone already pointed out, the animation of the main page is a bit annoying, try removing it.

Splash pages are such a drag. Especially as the whole site is so slow to load - takes minutes on 28.8.

Site itself is WAY too busy IMO - so many different colors, fonts, BG and letter highlighting. Something like confetti on New Year's eve.

Maybe 20px too big for 800 x 600.

When loading, the text on dark green isn't really visible so looks kind of awkward.

Header and LH column are a little narrow - proportions seem off.

Confusing to have underlining when there's not a link.

Comment about the photo: What kind of subliminal message does it send to have two white guys towering over the black guy? Gives the impression of unequal status IMO.

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming!
    I'm working on some updates and will post them soon.

Thanks again!
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

Originally posted by Synthetic
    As someone already pointed out, the animation of the main page is a bit annoying, try removing it.
    Animation?? Didn't see that since I have it disabled. That would really push me past my tolerance limit!! This site needs major surgery!!

I wouldn't say major.. It needs some things change, but nothing major..

Don't really like the shadow effect on second page. hard to read.

Get rid of the images, how do you expect to be indexed in a search engine with barely any text?
    Domain Software, LLC.

Were taking the whole site back to the design phase and going to startover. Were keeping the basic format, but nixing some of the links and "clutterness" that appears. I'll have an update by the new year.
    Thanks for all the input! Keep it coming!
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

I was redirected to your second page from your first page before the first page completely loaded.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

Redesigned slightly

Ok. I've made some changes to the links at the left and the sizing of the tables. I've still got the issues of speed on the download, but I'm working on those. Can I get some feedback on the new links and sizeing?

Thanks.
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

The vertical text spacing is too wide now... The navigation bar has become too detailed, this might overwhelm some visitors.

Too wide? With all the links on the navigation bar, I thought the spacing would ease the eyes a bit and not make it so tough on the end user. I see what you are saying though and I'll make some adjustments.

Thanks!
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

Complete Overhaul

OK. I completely overhauled the site and have posted a new site. Still have the splash page and then automatically to the homepage. (I didn't want that, but the customer insisted) Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks!
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

Much improved!

Horizontal links font is too big and the italics don't fit well IMO.

The spacing, font and size of this text seems off:
    'Every business needs money to operate . . . ' I'd do text instead of a graphic.

Needs some padding around the main text.

Shaded lettering really doesn't look that great.

The header and main body don't quite line up. Wish I knew how to do a screenshot. Maybe somebody could clue me in?
    "Genetically engineered food
    is corporate bioterrorism"

--- musings of a human guinea pig

Thanks for the reply.... I'm going to fix the itallics on the links and make them a color that will stand out better. The header is an extension of the front graphic with the same color background. I tried to get away from using such a dark color, but the company wanted it that way. I like your idea about the every business part and will change that to text instead of the graphic.

As for the screenshot, you can hit the printscreen button on your keyboard and that will take a shot of the screen. Then just paste it into something like word or even photoshop and save a .jpg or .gif.
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

How can I adjust the margins to make them tighter? I'm using dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX.
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

Originally posted by Cybertoad
    As for the screenshot, you can hit the printscreen button on your keyboard and that will take a shot of the screen. Then just paste it into something like word or even photoshop and save a .jpg or .gif.
    Wow, learn something new everyday. Never even knew that key was there!

Oops . . . just hit it and nothing happened! What am I missing here???
    Last edited by sisterscape; 01-02-2003 at 10:43 PM.

You won't see anything happen. It's puts the image in your clipboard. Just paste the clipboard to any imageing editing software or MS Word. It's there... belive in the force!
    ~~~ TECHSUPPORT ~~~

Originally posted by Cybertoad
    You won't see anything happen. It's puts the image in your clipboard. Just paste the clipboard to any imageing editing software or MS Word. It's there... belive in the force!
    Indeed it is!! Already had an opportunity to use it in another thread!! Thanx again.

Here's the screenshot that I wanted to do for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails factor.jpg