Comparative table of providers

I was trying to make an excel file with all the relevant data in order to compare and choose the best possible provider for my proyect. Then I realized that it should be somewhere on the net.

Where can I fund such a thing? selecting the same machine (say a dual Xeon) which one will offer more RAM, RAID 1, more bandwidth, best port speed, less price for TB if bandwidth is exceeded, etc. etc.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhidharmazen View Post
    I was trying to make an excel file with all the relevant data in order to compare and choose the best possible provider for my proyect. Then I realized that it should be somewhere on the net.

Where can I fund such a thing? selecting the same machine (say a dual Xeon) which one will offer more RAM, RAID 1, more bandwidth, best port speed, less price for TB if bandwidth is exceeded, etc. etc.

Thanks.

I dont think anyone has such a thing. why dont you takle an initial stab and post it and let each poster update it.

by the end it should be pretty comprehensive.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    I dont think anyone has such a thing. why dont you takle an initial stab and post it and let each poster update it.

by the end it should be pretty comprehensive.
    Thats a great idea. How can I upload something like a table? Maybe someone can put it online?

... so....

nobody is interested in this? Its my believe that it would help us ALL to select the best hosting services!!

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhidharmazen View Post
    Thats a great idea. How can I upload something like a table? Maybe someone can put it online?
    You can compile the list in MS Excel file and attach it here

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Ok, so far, this is it. First colum is the kind of hardware, then the bandwidth pero month, bandwidth per second and price.

huh, "invalid file"?????????????? you cant simply upload a 14kb excel file

Try zip your 14kb Excel file and upload it here. The forum accepts Zip file attachments just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by snecx View Post
    Try zip your 14kb Excel file and upload it here. The forum accepts Zip file attachments just fine.
    Ok done, its pretty rudimentary for now, but I guess its a start.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very crude indeed, I can barely understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ran View Post
    Very crude indeed, I can barely understand it.
    Lol yes, sorry, Im working on it but have lots of other stuff in my hands... that said, its just something I was doing for myself

Wow... it took me a few more seconds to understand the whole thing

I don't think it is appropriate to put the column "Bandwidth/second". It should be "Port speed" I suppose.

I suppose XE means Xeon, OPT means Opteron but what is C2D?

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Quote Originally Posted by michaelfoo View Post
    Wow... it took me a few more seconds to understand the whole thing

I don't think it is appropriate to put the column "Bandwidth/second". It should be "Port speed" I suppose.

I suppose XE means Xeon, OPT means Opteron but what is C2D?

Thanks.

its got to be core 2 duo
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    its got to be core 2 duo
    Ah, thanks!

Bodhidharmazen: Do you have any specific hardware that you wish to get? From the list, there is a wide range of specifications and prices, thus, I don't think it is a fair comparison.

Just my 2 cents...

Michaelfoo,

I see what you mean, Im focusing in dual core solutions, dont care about the brand, Im thinking at least in 2GB of RAM and 250GB of HD (RAID 1 desirable). Other than that, what I really care about is banwidth. So far, the cheapest (as far as I understand) is Softlayer, with 2TB of monthly bandwidth, a port of 1000mbps and, whats more important, 100 dollars for every additional TB/month.