* Its finaly here - the site thats nearly cost me my girlfriend

Final testing before it goes live - tell me what you think - all comments are appreciated

http://www.drivebuddy.com/store1/default.php

I been working on this for a while and the strife isnt too happy - so was it worth mt long hours ?

I love the boxes that surround the products, really sharp.

I like the whole site actually, great work, maybe not worth a good girlfriend, but close

Well the girlfriend hopes this is the last of it - she doesnt know that if I start selling the products I'll be spending my day packing them!!!

Need to secure the site and a bit more testing. I was interested if anyone liked the content and if a layman saw the site they would understand what they are buying.

Thanks

Looks nice!

looks very sleek. I like it good luck.
    and make sure you spend enough time with your girlfriend... money isnt the only thing in life.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Originally posted by e-symmetry
    I was interested if anyone liked the content and if a layman saw the site they would understand what they are buying.

Thanks
    Private message "Darth" and ask him to test your site, then you will find out if a layman understands it.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

nice, i like. Simple but effective.

lol, i was actually looking into buying a USB drive, went down PCworld n Dixons just yesterday.
    SilverString Studios | visual precision in design

Originally posted by SilverString
    nice, i like. Simple but effective.

lol, i was actually looking into buying a USB drive, went down PCworld n Dixons just yesterday.
    Well I will be adding a price comparison with Dixons and PCWorld.

Any ideas on improvement ?

Is there a comparison of the various products all in a grid?

People like me for example would like the most space for our money, it would be nice to compare specs like that across your entire range rather than viewing each product individually and noting down the specs.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Is there a comparison of the various products all in a grid?

People like me for example would like the most space for our money, it would be nice to compare specs like that across your entire range rather than viewing each product individually and noting down the specs.
    Duly noted - had that in the plans - just been busy and so happy I have something to show - but still got to integrate it with Protx!!

The guys at Protx just raised their charges - I should say Hiked from £0.05 per transaction with no minimum spend to £20pcm min and £0.10 per transaction.

I like the layout. Easy to navigate. Looks clean and tidy.

Such good work getting it like that from the normal osCommerce.

Well done!

3/4 Bananas

Only thing, and yes I know it's anal, but just thought I'd mention is the upper right hand side of the header... looks like it was just cut... maybe round it also? Maybe that was the look you were going for, but looks a tiny bit out of place to me.

Amazing work on the site! Very clean and corporate looking.

Looks okay, I give it a 5/10. (5 is average )
    AIM: AtonexCOM

Originally posted by Axi
    Looks okay, I give it a 5/10. (5 is average )
    Any ideas on improving the site ? What dont you like ?

Thanks for the input.

Nice gradients.

Great site, I like the colors too.
    I am BIOSed in my opinions

I really can't pin point it (sad to say since I'm a designer). It just isn't that appealing to me. Something like outpost.com would look nice. osCommerce @ http://www.drivebuddy.com/ has a better layout but not design. You know what I mean by layout? The way the links, tables, ect. are set up. It looks more professional. But all in all, http://www.drivebuddy.com/store1/default.php designs quality is the same as www.TigerDirect.com
    ... my opinion.

Originally posted by Axi
    I really can't pin point it (sad to say since I'm a designer). It just isn't that appealing to me. Something like outpost.com would look nice. osCommerce @ http://www.drivebuddy.com/ has a better layout but not design. You know what I mean by layout? The way the links, tables, ect. are set up. It looks more professional. But all in all, http://www.drivebuddy.com/store1/default.php designs quality is the same as www.TigerDirect.com
    ... my opinion.

Thanks for that - so whats best way to improve the layout - I spent more time on the design and graphics rather than layout. Can you give me a site that you rate as 8/10 or higher ?

The layout of Pricegrabber.com, Amazon.com, and the osCommerce one at DriveBuddy.com. Start to see the pattern? I hope.