Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More rubbish from paysystems...

Lastnite I noticed a payment got refunded to a client. We didnt authorise or get emailed about the refund it was just showing in our history for that day.

I just went in and queryed this in paysystems live support and their response was "the customer asked for a refund".

Is this normal?

The client pays and the payment is captured, we provide the goods and they simply have to ask paysystems for their moneyback without us hearing a thing about it? Sounds outrageous to me.

The support rep wasnt interested in answering me any further at this point...

Welldone paysystems you really are getting shitter by the day!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Ya, i've personally never used them, but have heard on several occasions of that happening, you should switch over to worldpay (if you can jusify cost) they don't allow that, and are very reliable from thier customers have told me.

Re: More rubbish from paysystems...

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Lastnite I noticed a payment got refunded to a client. We didnt authorise or get emailed about the refund it was just showing in our history for that day.

I just went in and queryed this in paysystems live support and their response was "the customer asked for a refund".

Is this normal?

The client pays and the payment is captured, we provide the goods and they simply have to ask paysystems for their moneyback without us hearing a thing about it? Sounds outrageous to me.

The support rep wasnt interested in answering me any further at this point...

Welldone paysystems you really are getting shitter by the day!
    Yes that’s what they do. They have refunded about $500 (About 6 months of recurring monthly payment) as per customer request Try to stay away from paysystems.
    :: Unlimited Reseller Hosting :: Host UNLIMITED DOMAINS resell web hosting services at your own price and brand. Complete transparency in every aspect...
    Special Windows Reseller plans Now Available
    :: R-e-s-e-l-l-e-r-H-o-s-t-i-n-g-S-i-t-e-.c-o-m ::

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

We are in the process of getting our own merchant facility, I just couldnt believe the only answer they could give me was "the customer asked for a refund".
    Matt Wallis

Yeah best option would be that and nowadays we need very tight rules against chargeback’s and related matters Just my opinion
    :: Unlimited Reseller Hosting :: Host UNLIMITED DOMAINS resell web hosting services at your own price and brand. Complete transparency in every aspect...
    Special Windows Reseller plans Now Available
    :: R-e-s-e-l-l-e-r-H-o-s-t-i-n-g-S-i-t-e-.c-o-m ::

WWW.RESELLERHOSTINGSITE.COM

Yes Matt, PaySystems favours the customer and allows refunds with just a click. Can't really do much there. . .
    Have you Floble'd today?

Where as 2checkout does not. They will send you a "customer requests stop" report but the customer cannot get a refund via a button.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

In the merchant control panel(MCP).
    You can add a reply for it and show the tos that is a monthly billing and you did provide the service or even the hard goods.

You must constantly keep on checking your MCP
    Hostlumina - Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Canadian and US Shared Hosting - Domain Registrations - SSL Certificates
    http://www.hostlumina.com

They cancelled a payment to me recently after the order was 2 days old. Of course I had already sent the goods. That is a key service point for us.

Paysystems cancelled because the guys credit card was from Oz but he was in the Phillipines. High fraud risk. That was there only check. The guy was actually genuine. It would have been better if they asked us to take the responsibility...rather than them cancelling based on a single check point. Their fraud checking is actually a real joke to be honest.

This guy from Pakistan placed order after order with us (his credit card was from Japan and he said he was from Japan too. His IP was Pakistan though. Then I manually checked all his orders and names were changing...and credit cards were changing...BUT paysystems spotted none of this obvious behavior and captured the payments. I went in and manually cancelled them.

Warning...Third Party Payment processors are not great at what they do. They are providing a fairly run of the mill service for big bucks. In the main though they are a neccesary evil.

I am looking into Worldpay now because I need to get a bit more control on the situation.

Simon

Originally posted by theprimehost
    Where as 2checkout does not. They will send you a "customer requests stop" report but the customer cannot get a refund via a button.
    That is true and I hope 2CO doesn't change this system as it works well and fair.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Agreed, it sounds like paysystems have gone downhill fast, it seems if 2co is fine, paysystems has problems and vice versa, i'm gonna head for 2checkout though.

Originally posted by Laws
    Agreed, it sounds like paysystems have gone downhill fast, it seems if 2co is fine, paysystems has problems and vice versa, i'm gonna head for 2checkout though.
    Their sellers server was down for 9 hours the other day :-)

To be honest...whoever you go with you will have problems at some stage...it is just that 2checkout seem to have more than others.

Simon

PaySystems is BAD. STAY AWAY FROM this company.

I have heard moneybookers.com do not charge the chargeback fee from merchants. Its located in UK. I was wondering if it could do recurring billings..

http://www.moneybookers.com/merchant/en/index.html

Could be an excellent alternative to paysystems or other party processors..

Paysystems has expanded and therefore have changed some of their charges.

I think they'll focus less on their third party services and more on their merchant account services starting in the near future.

I guess a lot of web hosts like myself would have to find a new home.

Yesturday we had 19 long running recurring transactions declined with the error:

"304: The credit card information is incomplete or invalid"

How can recurring payments which have been fine for months suddenly have incomplete information?

Seems that declined transactions are becoming more and more common, constantly sending out new payment links to customers now - administrative nightmare.
    Matt Wallis

Yesturday we had 19 long running recurring transactions declined with the error:

"304: The credit card information is incomplete or invalid"

How can recurring payments which have been fine for months suddenly have incomplete information?

Seems that declined transactions are becoming more and more common, constantly sending out new payment links to customers now - administrative nightmare.
    I think you better switch to some other processor....even i heard of moneybookers.com...they never allow charge back...I think you can set it up for recurring payments....This month I will set up their gate in my site too...

We are moving to our own merchant facility, but its time consuming and doesnt happen overnight (~1000 monthly recurrings in paysystems).
    Matt Wallis

I understand...good luck to you

We are moving to our own merchant facility, but its time consuming and doesnt happen overnight (~1000 monthly recurrings in paysystems).
    Yes, we could be not too far behind you Matt. It's not going to be a fun time in moving that volume of accounts to a Merchant facility. Should have done this back when there was only a few hundred to move.

I'm still trying to devise a methodology to implement this transfer process, but it won't be easy.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Hmmm, looking at well over a thousand recurring payments in the MCC. My partner who heads up accounts said, "I think I'd rather deal with their bullsh1t than transfer processors now."

I'm just hoping that they get their declining situation under control and become a bit more merchant oriented.

On chargebacks, they told me that they have no choice. That the CC companies debit their account without telling them so do the same to their merchants. I asked them why do they have special treatment because if you have your own merchant account, you are supposed to have chargeback protection - no-one can just come in and take the cash because after all, it is stealing isn't it .

Their answer was complete denial that any other processor had such a system.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Yes, we could be not too far behind you Matt. It's not going to be a fun time in moving that volume of accounts to a Merchant facility. Should have done this back when there was only a few hundred to move.

I'm still trying to devise a methodology to implement this transfer process, but it won't be easy
    I was wondering when this was going to happen. I sort of chuckled to myself when I read a post by you saying that the third-party processor was a better solution for you being in Australia. No merchant account could cost that much.

I just did something like this recently (It was a move from a merchant account with it's own recurring and end merchant has no access to client data, to a merchant account where the end merchant stores client data etc.)

I do feel sorry for both of you guys, I mean, my client base is insignificant next to both of yours, and I can tell you it was a ROYAL pain getting everyone moved over. (It's two months later and I still have a few stragglers and I think I'm going to have to suspend their accounts)

The only advice I can offer is give LOTS and LOTS of notice, as far in advance as you can.

A merchant account is definately the way forward. We're using a combination of 2co and PS and are waiting on a few finalisations from the bank, but we will then be moving customers to the new system. I'm sure that will be fun too.

Overall though, the benefits easily outweight the downsides - a major one being the amount of money saved. We have got rates of well under 2% for our merchant account.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

I think instead of going through all the moving headache one should just leave the current customers on the old system and start taking new orders from the other. Its worth it

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    I think instead of going through all the moving headache one should just leave the current customers on the old system and start taking new orders from the other. Its worth it
    Thats kind of how we are doing it. We have a flag in our management system to say which merchant the customer is with. We then have a query which lists all paysystems customers and we can slowly work to reduce that list.
    Matt Wallis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast