How fast is your blog being indexed?

Some of my blogs get indexed in google within about ten minutes. Others take a day or two. Why is this? How fast is your indexed?

After each post, or when the blog is first launched?

If after each post, I see blogging search engines such as Technorati index my blog within ten seconds of me making a new post (I use the Live WordPress plugin, so I see every comment, human visitor and bot that hits my blog in real time). Google indexes my blog once or twice a day.

If you're talking about when I first launch, my blogs (all my sites, actually) are indexed within a couple days of launch. This is because I always make sure I link to the new site straight away from a site that is already indexed by search engines.

The more active your content is, the more often your blog will be indexed. I'm not sure exactly how often WHT is indexed, but I'll often see a thread, do a search in Google a couple hours later, and see the thread I was looking at two hours ago in the Google results. It gets indexed often because it's a site that is updated almost constantly, and of course is a very popular site.

I've got a site thats a couple months old and google picks up new blog posts in about 30 seconds (if you type site:url, its indexed).

If you want to speed things up, use a Ping service like pingomatic to alert all the blog directory type of deals that you've published new content. In turn, google will see them first and then see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie View Post
    After each post, or when the blog is first launched?

If after each post, I see blogging search engines such as Technorati index my blog within ten seconds of me making a new post (I use the Live WordPress plugin, so I see every comment, human visitor and bot that hits my blog in real time). Google indexes my blog once or twice a day.

If you're talking about when I first launch, my blogs (all my sites, actually) are indexed within a couple days of launch. This is because I always make sure I link to the new site straight away from a site that is already indexed by search engines.

The more active your content is, the more often your blog will be indexed. I'm not sure exactly how often WHT is indexed, but I'll often see a thread, do a search in Google a couple hours later, and see the thread I was looking at two hours ago in the Google results. It gets indexed often because it's a site that is updated almost constantly, and of course is a very popular site.

can u please explain tht how did u add Live WordPress plugin to ur blog? I hve downloaded this code and want to add this code to my blog site on blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Verticity View Post
    can u please explain tht how did u add Live WordPress plugin to ur blog? I hve downloaded this code and want to add this code to my blog site on blogspot
    This is a plugin that can only be used with Wordpress blogs, Verticity. You won't be able to use it on Blogspot.

ok I hve wordpress acount. please tell me how can use it on wordpress. please write whole proccesss.
    Thanks in advance.

It's already written for you in the Live readme file, or in the WordPress documentation. http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins

No need for me to write what has already been written if you use a little effort and look for yourself.

it looks like tht wordpress.com and .org are 2 different sites??

now I can understand tht plugins area is only for WordPress premium users???
    Last edited by Verticity; 02-11-2008 at 08:14 AM.

WordPress.com is a service that hosts the WordPres software for you. I've never used this. I'm not sure if they accept plugins or not (maybe they do as a premium user).

If you want to use plugins for free, you will need to download the WordPress software from WordPress.org, install the software and then install the plugin.

Your blog can be indexed fast if you save it in bookmarks such as digg, yahoo, google bookmarks, stumble, and many others. I believe this is the fastest way of getting indexed in Google.

Yes that is tru if you ping your blog you will get index faster but for me I am very lazy and it take my blog 4 day to get indexed in Google.
    Get paid to websites
    get paid to upload photos and wallpapers