Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ordeal At Nocster

After Waiting 13 Days For my server to be setup I have Given Up waiting and hearing 1-2 day 3-5 days Should Be Done By the end of today out of memory waiting for motherboards (that one I heard 2 times as the server was in the "build" Dept at one time) I sent a Ticket in to cancel it but there are to many tickets being sent in. I HAVE ONLY SENT ONE TICKET TO BURST IN MY LIFETIME AND THIS WAS THE RESPONSE I GOT.

In a message dated 10/20/2003 5:56:02 PM Central Daylight Time, ticket_daemon@burst.net writes:
    Hello,
    Your ticket has not been entered into the ticket system due to
    more than 20 tickets from your email address, ip, or hostname in
    the 24 hours have been submitted.
    Please wait and try again.

Do not reply to this email.

Thanks,
    BurstNet Technologies Ticket Daemon

So I sent an E-mail in to sales ,Billing,Cust. Service To Cancel it. Guess what I got The Exact Same E-mail Response that I got when I entered the Cancellation in the Ticket Area.

I guess I'll call sales and see if they are able to do anything, Maybe they will tell me 1-2 days and then cancel it in a month

Tim

Yes i keep getting that just go to the helpdesk and submit it. I am waiting for a server which they say will be in 5 days due to they dont have the parts :/.

They said they would get a new shipment in October. Seems that people have been buying nocster servers/services frantically
    PingPros LLC | International Network Consultant & Internet Service Provider
    Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, BGP, OSPF, Windows, Linux, and Mac Consulting services | Internet Service Provider
    High Quality Services at a very competitive price!

I've been waiting 18+ days for a server

Did they charge your credit card yet? Or will they charge once the server is set up?
    PingPros LLC | International Network Consultant & Internet Service Provider
    Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, BGP, OSPF, Windows, Linux, and Mac Consulting services | Internet Service Provider
    High Quality Services at a very competitive price!

I believe they don't charge until they set the server up, but you never know with their billing department
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

Did they charge your credit card yet? Or will they charge once the server is set up?
    They Havent Charged Yet. They Charge Once it Up. Now That I got a server somewhere else (That was up in 4 hours) I am trying To cancel the Server. I cant wait for weeks on end With no idea when it Will be ready.

Tim

I am waiting about three days now, I guess thats not so bad , will give them only about a week until I have to cancel...
    There is no magic. There are only onions.
    Rocket404.com - web development the smart way

I wanna know what the hell their problem is.. they keep selling stuff they do NOT have!

You answered your own question, they are selling stuff they do NOT have
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Well maybe the halloween sale is when the stop selling servers? lol i got no idea i mean if they dont have parts then dont sell the servers!

It seems to me that it's pretty known at least to the population here that the servers are out of stock, do you folks who know they are out of stock still order? That's just money in their pocket, why stop selling the out of stock servers if people will still order them? (Think of this from a nocster point of view.)
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

How is it money in their pocket when you are not charged for the server until it is delivered?

Slow setup times have been happening for months and have not been hidden, they are all over WHT and the Nocster forum. Researching them would show this so it is not a suprise when you experience it.

That being said, I wish they would remove or update the section from their site that states a quick setup time. That would help quell the complaints of slow setup timeframes.

It's money in their pocket as soon as the order is filled, two weeks ago, people were ordering servers, they are being installed and paid for now, in two weeks, they will be making money off of last month's order (however long the delay is)

If the servers/network is great, than it's probably worth the wait, but otherwise, there are options out there, explore
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Slow setup times have been happening for months and have not been hidden, they are all over WHT and the Nocster forum. Researching them would show this so it is not a suprise when you experience it.
    I have Seen this and I called to find out how long it would be. I was told 1/2 days. I will believe what I am told by people/companies until I have reason not to. I now have several reason not to believe in what they tell me.

Tim

I wasn't directing that comment at you, however experiences can be very different. If asked, I say 7-9 days based on recent information.

Try emailing "the man" at ceo@burst.net. He seems to get things done when others cannot.

So far I've really had no problems. They set up my servers pretty speedy. I ordered one on a sataurday and it was reasy Moday Night.

Well try calling BurstNet at 1877-BURSTNET and get this issue resolved immediately. As mentioned earlier by me and many other people here at WHT...BurstNet is a good company with awesome support and quality assured service after you have your server setup but getting the server setup can be frustrating enough since they never have parts for their servers or they always run out on them frequently which is acceptable because they might be getting a lot of orders everyday which I assume
    Rahul Santimano
    Technical Support Manager
    rahul@fastnetservers.com
    www.FastNetServers.com

any answer from burst? i'm about to get 2 new servers... but this setup times are terrible!
    yeah.. i'm useless!

what explains the time differences? are some servers more quickly setup than others? which servers have the quickest setup time? hiya which server did you manage to get in two days?

I would hope that now after strengthening their network and support, they will hire more staff for sales so that these types of stories are a thing of the past.
    Hockey is Life

It's not sales, it's having not enough supplies & build department delays.

- Matt

Wow already one year since their first halloween sale
    Guess u all remember that as if it were yesterday...
    1 year after and still a mess, oh boy.

May all your wishes and dreams come true...

I ordered a $59.95 Closeout Server right before they ran out like 2 months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast