Thread: unlimited?

unlimited?

i see packages offering these unlimited features

mysql
    mail
    domains
    etc

now except for bandwidth and space is this true? Will a reseller host let me have, say 2500 mysql, 10000 mail accounts, 4500 domains?

Yes, they generally rely on your disc space, and transfer allowance restricting resource usage to be the limiting factor of your account.

As many of the list you typed within the amount of space and transfer alotted.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Unlimited.

I don't agree with you Samuel, if the restriction is with his alloted space, then it isn't unlimited. There is always a limit there, wether it be financial, physical or just because current technology cant accommodate it!
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

It's semantics really.

Unlimited Feature
    Within these constraints

It's common sense from Unlimited Feature, Winthin these constraints just drives it home.
    dotGig

I second to Samuel!!!
    Last edited by bespoke; 10-27-2002 at 12:29 AM.
    www.bespokehost.com,
    ::complete solution for reseller -
    :emi-Dedicated Server
    ::with CPANEL, Unlimited Domain, reputable datacenter & strong technical support.

Samuel's right. You have no innate limitation on the amount of emails, etc other than the disk space and BW you choose. Someone may be able to fit 10,000 email addresses in one account, while someone else would use up their space with one.

It's like being able to take as many (unlimited) goldfish you would like from a store that you can carry. You can't carry an infinite amount of fish, but they won't limit the amount per se.
    Learn survival/prepper information from a combat veteran at Graywolf Survival

Exactly, and when stated chunks of disc space, and bandwidth are the front end marketing details for the product a customer would purchase, a limitation has been defined.

Buyer beware at that point, personally mbshost doesn't use unlimited anything without noting the context it is used in.

Just trying to be fair to our visitors and current customers, they already have enough to figure out without having to wonder what this and that is.
    dotGig