Advice on hosting China website on US server

hi,
    We are planning to host a website mydomain.cn on US server. Already we have a account with US hosting Company.
    We are a bit confused on rules and regulations of china in hosting Ecommerce Website.
    Please some one clarify do we need to take any special permissions from china Govt.

You will need to be careful not to have any political web sites from China or your entire IP may be banned, other than that, no difference in hosting China customers.

We are a bit confused on rules and regulations of china in hosting Ecommerce Website.
    Just make sure you keep every thing legal. Avoid political sites, sites with hate content etc., and you'll be fine.

Thanks for replay.
    We are Planning to host a Ecommerce site related to kitchen wear.

For that type of site you should have no problem with US servers. We've hosted site for Chinese clients before and not had any problems.

Good luck
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

As long as your website is located in the US and not China you won't have to contact China for permissions. If you are selling legitimate products you shouldn't have a problem selling to Chinese customers.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Quote Originally Posted by NYCServers-Nick View Post
    As long as your website is located in the US and not China you won't have to contact China for permissions. If you are selling legitimate products you shouldn't have a problem selling to Chinese customers.
    I get the impression their target market is either US or least outside of China.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Stay legal, all should be fine

No counterfeit / knockoff goods. That's really it.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

You should also check out the laws

why not go with .com domain if you can. I heard the cn domain has various problems.

If the target customers are US fine if not and you are targeting China host it in south Korea.

You'll be fine hosting it in the US. However, depending on your target audience, you may want to locate a different server (as latency will increase depending on distance)

Thanks for replay Lincxu,
    We can't go like that we are planning to have different sites for each country.
    can you please give me some problems that we face with the .cn domain.
    We don't want to go into problems after everything is ready.

thanks,
    Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by ckiran04 View Post
    Thanks for replay Lincxu,
    We can't go like that we are planning to have different sites for each country.
    can you please give me some problems that we face with the .cn domain.
    We don't want to go into problems after everything is ready.

thanks,
    Kiran
    You can have different websites for each country all under one domain. The easy way to do it is set up subdomains:

http://china.yourdomain.com
    http://us.yourdomain.com
    http://eu.yourdomain.com

I think there might be some more complicated solutions, but that's really the simplest way I can think of right now (and it's easier to protect your brand name's memorability that way)