Security Camera Hosting

I've recently purchased a Security System, and now I want to get web cam hosting. What I would need is for it to be a private web cam only accesible by password, and since I would be the only one viewing it I dont think that I would need too much bandwidth. And also i would need some help setting it up so that I can access it on the net.

Is the camera producing high resolution video?
    You may need a decent amount of disk space if you actually want to log the video...

I really have little experience with this kind of thing, but I think you need a live feed streamed, and .htaccess or php script restricting access to the feed.

I sold these types of camera's once, and if its the same it only provides video streams, is that correct? Small odds, there are 1000s of those cams.

can you give us some more details about the device, perhaps a product page or PDF with specs?

Its acutally , and it's not too high of a resolution, and at the most i would need for it to store only about 24 hours of video.

walmart(PUT A DOT HERE)com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5903357

the manufacturer's page:
    astak(PUT A DOT HERE)com/CM-04LCU.htm

I can post the links for you, makes it easier for others to click on 'em.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5903357
    http://astak.com/CM-04LCU.htm

I checked the product page of asktak.com and it appears you can backup your included 250GB Hard disk over a network. I also noticed it has an ethernet controller included as well, so you CAN put it on the internet.

But then? I don't know how you should be able to connect that to the internet, other than hooking it up on your ADSL / cable connection, open a port in your router and view it through either your fixed IP provided by your ISP or through a service like DynDNS when you don't have a fixed IP?

//EDIT

BTW what a worthless websites... None provide any REAL technical data. Do you have a data/factsheet somewhere, Sebastian?

Yes, i am connected to the inernet with a 6mbit connection, i know too fast but hopefully should do the job. And Im getting the manual right now. And also to set it up, i think i would need to set up port forwarding or something of that sort and i would need help with the basic set up.

Please keep in mind you need your upload speed to publish stuff on the 'net, not your download speed. Are you on ADSL? It is probably limited to 1Mbit up, but I'm not sure ofcourse

Ok, I'll await the manual and see if I can give you any directions.

Here's the manual
    mediafire[DOT]com/?2x2txhytd5s

And amy, my upload speed it usually about 80kb/s

ALSO

How much do you guys think it might cost?

Thanks.

I took a peek in the manual and indeed you need to connect it to your modem or router and then assign an IP address, subnetmask and gateway through the options menu in the device.

Subnet Mask and gateway are rather easy to find. Hit CTRL-R on your windows machine and type 'cmd' and hit enter. Then in the black box that opens, type 'ipconfig /all' and you can read the subnet mask and default gateway from there.

Remember those addresses and fill them in in the options menu of your camera. Then when you got a broadband connection, you could try to set the IP to automatic, it might detect an IP address itself, through your modem or router.

If not, you first need to setup a fixed IP for the device, but that's a bit harder to do and I don't know how technical you are?

i6.tinypic[DOT]com/8altylx.jpg If only i knew what I was looking at.. I'm a complete noobie when it comes to setting this stuff up, which is why when I do find a host, at a reasonable price of course, I will prepay for 6 months if the host will help me set this stuff up, preferably over the phone or remote desktop connection if applicable..

your default gateway is 192.168.1.1
    your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

I think, that you don't need a web hosting service for this. You just have to login to your IP address, but I can guarantee you that you need some help setting this up, from a technician. He needs to assign an IP and port to the device so you can view it over the internet. No need for a web hoster there.

Well I am willing to pay someone with experience to help me set this up.

Your best bet would be to ask some technician locally. Open the yellow pages for your country and find a security technician, I'm sure he'll set it up for you!

Good luck with your system.

cool, thanks for all the help

You're welcome! Too bad it isn't setup in a few moments, but I'm sure you'll manage with an experienced technician.

No router configuration

mycamserver requires no router configuration. They send you a pre-configured camera that just works once you plug your network cable in. They have wireless cameras too that are pretty much just as easy.

my cam server dot com?

You should be able too view it via ip address of your router