HSphere Management

I'm looking for a very good hsphere manager. I don't care if it's one freelance person or a large company. But I want proof of a good track record (threads here on WHT will suffice...or similar) and knowledge of the job.

Setting up Hsphere, server, maintenance, patches, updates, security, hardening...all services similar to what platinumservermanagement offers and more if available.

My budget for this won't be huge...and not looking to hire for a couple months. Right now I was just hoping people would contact me if they offer this, or post here/pm me if they have any recommendations.

I'll be starting off with hsphere on one/two servers...then when needed more will be added.

Have you considered going with mnaged HSphere dedicated server provider?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

i have...but the ones i've found are just too expensive
    Last edited by Daniel B; 09-17-2006 at 10:14 AM.

i have...but the ones i've found are just too expensive
    Hello Irisfire, the problem is that full, pro-active management like what you are looking for really isnt an inexpensive service to acquire.

What sort of budget did you have in mind and what sort of server specs are you looking for?
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I hope you aren't expecting to pay what platinumservermanagement charges for an hsphere admin. You will never find it.

You can check out:
    www.wemanageservers.com (I use and would highly recommend)
    www.ladylinux.com

It will be atleast $100+ per month for 1 server. So it all depends on your budget.

What is your budget? Like Crazyfish said, you probably wont find one for too much less than $100 per server. Hsphere is a great system, but you do need to know what you are doing with it. A managed Hsphere server might be the way to go. You should be able to find an affordable managed, single server install to start with for a reasonable price.

i'm not exactly sure what my budget is at the moment...hopefully somewhere between $300-$500 a month. Or possibly a little more with two servers. Right now i'm planning prices and things for my business plan...so i'm not 100% sure on all the exacts at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfish
    I hope you aren't expecting to pay what platinumservermanagement charges for an hsphere admin. You will never find it.
    why exactly is that? (i'm not expecting to pay that little...but now i'm curious as to why... )

Quote Originally Posted by irisfire
    why exactly is that? (i'm not expecting to pay that little...but now i'm curious as to why... )
    I guess you could call hsphere a 'niche' control panel, its not as widely spread as cpanel so you have fewer choices for admins but the good admins mainly focus on hsphere and know it very well. With a highly specialized admin comes a higher price.

Our budget of $300-500 is that for the admin and server? Are you able to do somethings yourself on the server? Or are you looking for a 100% managed solution leaving you to focus on sales and day-to-day operation?

i've never run a server...but i am a very quick learner...and as long as things are pretty logical i'm very good at learning...so to start i want a 100% managed...although i'm sure i won't need it...i'd like to have the option there if the need did arise unexpectedly.

the $300-$500 is for the server and management...push it to $700 max with a 2 server setup (still not sure on that)

what i would really really love (though highly unexpected) is to get with someone that is pretty much operating on his own...or with a small but excellent company...and maybe possibly finding myself a my future CTO in the process...(hey...doesn't hurt to dream )

I guess you could call hsphere a 'niche' control panel, its not as widely spread as cpanel so you have fewer choices for admins but the good admins mainly focus on hsphere and know it very well. With a highly specialized admin comes a higher price.
    This is true. Hsphere is a totally different animal. Things are done differently and there are also lots of little things to be aware of.

Thats a realistic budget depending on what server specs you want.

The support forum at psoft is very good, and the customer only forum is extremely helpful with lots of howto and such.

And like Chris_M said it is a different animal. It has a high learning curve but IMO its worth it.

It does have a high learning curve, but once you get used to things, you realize that it's well worth the time spent learning. I wouldnt use anything else.

yeah...i've been researching panels for over a month...and finally chose hsphere...though i am going to use cerebus instead of the standard desk that comes with it...

how hard would you guys say it would be to learn? Should i just try to do it myself with no management or should i get the mangement since i've never done it before?

I'm just always paranoid something will mess up that i won't know how to fix.

Get the management, if you have never done this before you don't want to start learning on a production server. The control panel will keep you busy learning all the ins and outs.

There are some talks about psoft intergrating kayako into hsphere. So you might want to talk to psoft sales about that before buying cerburus. The ticketing system is alright for light useage but it does lack some things.

There are some talks about psoft intergrating kayako into hsphere. So you might want to talk to psoft sales about that before buying cerburus. The ticketing system is alright for light useage but it does lack some things.
    .... or you can use the Support Selector from HsphereTemplates.com and use whatever ticketing system you like .
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

How hard it will be to learn is going to depend on how comfortable you are with command line and how fast you can get used to the way Hsphere does things. It cant really be managed from the control panel, so it really comes down to how much dedication you have to learning it. If this is going to be a production cluster, I would suggest that you hire management till you are comfortable enough to take care of it yourself, or look for a managed Hsphere dedicated server. The last thing you want to do is put clients on the cluster and have it break all the time and not be able to fix it, your reputation will go down hill fast.

If you can do their prices, cartikahosting.com has a good managed solution. Jeffery (their cluster admin) knows h-sphere like the back of his hand and if it can be done with h-sphere he'll know how and if it should be done. He's a on PSoft's forum a lot and runs the hspheretemplates.com sites.

Check: http://www.cartikahosting.com/HSpher...port-Services/

Quote Originally Posted by steven99
    If you can do their prices, cartikahosting.com has a good managed solution. Jeffery (their cluster admin) knows h-sphere like the back of his hand and if it can be done with h-sphere he'll know how and if it should be done. He's a on PSoft's forum a lot and runs the hspheretemplates.com sites.

Check: http://www.cartikahosting.com/HSpher...port-Services/
    I second the recommendation.

DynamicNet - www.dynamicnet.net is another great company, though they are probably out of the OP's price range, and likely out of the price range of the entire WHT-market, but hey, still worth checking them out
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    I second the recommendation.

DynamicNet - www.dynamicnet.net is another great company, though they are probably out of the OP's price range, and likely out of the price range of the entire WHT-market, but hey, still worth checking them out
    dynamicnet and wemanageservers are the same company. Not out of everyones price range.

Just FYI, Hsphere's internal system is being upgraded and improved, Kayako is not going to be integrated last I heard.

Just FYI, Hsphere's internal system is being upgraded and improved, Kayako is not going to be integrated last I heard.
    Agreed - hsphere really relies on their internal system for notifications, error reporting and a tighter integration of the entire system with the newer dedicated server features (reboot requests, upgrade requests, etc...)

Many companies use the helpdesk selector to utilize their favorite 3rd party helpdesk (ie we use cerebrus, others use kayoko, etc) - however, I think they are on the right path with improving their integrated solution and I think it is unlikely they will utilize a 3rd party solution (though people will always have the option of utilizing a 3rd party solution if they like)
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Greetings:

Thank you Nick for your kind words.

Yes, Dynamic Net, Inc. = We Manage Servers.

H-Sphere does have a very high learning curve, but once you get past the curve, the ride is down hill.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile