Atrivo/Intercage

I'm thinking of getting a dedicated server with Atrivo I did a search and didn't find many recent comments on them. How are they these days? Is the network and support still very good?
      0 Not allowed!

the network is awsome. 0 downtime for the past 6-8 months (and thats monitored every 5 minutes). Emil is a helpful guy, we hardly contact him though. but I'd definitly recommend Atrivo...one of the best if you ask me....
    Ben S.
      0 Not allowed!

I was about to get a server there but something turned up, but give me another month, I can get you some feedback

Emil has been helpful, you're all good to host with him.
      0 Not allowed!

Atrivo is the best place to get a server. Excellent Support, no downtimes ..
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with atrivo about 4 yrs now their network is top notch. I just recently upgraded to a nice dual xeon with them. I had some issues with the FreeBSD not getting along with the hardware and had to reinstall freebsd twice. Emil was very helpful with the situation and got me all back and setup.
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder how their business's going. If I am correctly, their homepage shows "Coming soon" more than a year.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    I wonder how their business's going. If I am correctly, their homepage shows "Coming soon" more than a year.

They seems only collect customer from words of mouth and WHT
      0 Not allowed!

Ya I have spoken to Emil about that several times and he says he is planning to reopen sales soon but as it stands he is making quite a few orders off word of mouth anyway and is not in too big of a hurry.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, he is worried that he would be overwhelmed if sales reopens
      0 Not allowed!

Yea, in cases like Atrivo he is almost better off not selling to the general public. He has an awsome network going and gets great reviews from word of mouth. In my opinion these are the types of sales that a dedi provider really likes, referances from others as they tend to be less hastle and risk then someone ordering a server one month and cancelling the next. In Atrivos case most of the clients I know from there are long term and have no plans on moving anywhere in the near future.
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com
      0 Not allowed!

so , where we could get a server from then then?

any test IP please?

thanks
      0 Not allowed!

try emailing emil@intercage.com
      0 Not allowed!

Or ring him up 925 550 3947

We work with Emil extensively and he is a super cool guy.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC
      0 Not allowed!

emil rocks.
      0 Not allowed!

Don't use intercage

I talked to emil about setting up 5 servers. 3 rh/ 2 windows. On the 7th of dec. He claimed he could have them setup and running by the next day. I desided to use intercage based on this thread and the overnight setup promised by him. I paid him upfront $500, the next day came. He messaged me to tell me he would have them setup later that day. I heard nothing from him that afternoon/evening. The next morning (the 9th) i got a message asking for user infomation for the systems. So i replied. At the end of the 9th. He finally messaged me and said that it would be another 48 hours till the servers could be setup.

Mean while my clients are ringing me constantly complaining about how i promised the servers would be up on the 8th and it was now the 9th. He then got sick of me messaging him asking him for a deadline. So he refunded my $500.

Of course this may not seem to bad. But it was 6pm on a friday. Now paypal tells me the money will be held for 3 - 4 business days. So not only will i not be able to setup the servers till monday (everything is shut). I can't afford to pay until the following thursday.

So whats this mean? Because of emils blunders. I now have lost 3 of my 8 clients. They paid me around $800 for hosting a month.

Thanks a lot emil.
      0 Not allowed!

And now for what really happened:

Spoke to todd the first time at like 6:00pm on Wednesday. The conversation started with how we deal with DDOS and if warez is accepted. Answered to please keep the server legal and we will have no problems. Then when it came to make a payment his buddy issued payment through PayPal.

Todd wanted RHEL which we don't support and didn't want CentOS. So I agreed if he send over the ISO he can be responsible for the licensing. Two of the servers were supposed to be Windows XP in which keys were given. Yesterday tried to load the windows xp with no success the keys weren't working and still no image of RHEL.

Asked Todd to please give me a login to the ISO and working keys so I can start this morning and get it done. None were ever provided. And in the meantime I am being yelled at by Todd on ICQ in which tonight (48 hours) is just unacceptable setup time he claims. Then I get the following ICQ message:

"either you get them up. Or i reverse the paypal and go else where. I told my clients that the servers would be up last night, based on your say so"

So I went ahead and issued a refund and hope Todd finds a company that he can deal with.

Jeez I swear sometimes when you try to help a person it's like watching a train wreck ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by synaptic
    I talked to emil about setting up 5 servers. 3 rh/ 2 windows. On the 7th of dec. He claimed he could have them setup and running by the next day. I desided to use intercage based on this thread and the overnight setup promised by him. I paid him upfront $500, the next day came. He messaged me to tell me he would have them setup later that day. I heard nothing from him that afternoon/evening. The next morning (the 9th) i got a message asking for user infomation for the systems. So i replied. At the end of the 9th. He finally messaged me and said that it would be another 48 hours till the servers could be setup.

Mean while my clients are ringing me constantly complaining about how i promised the servers would be up on the 8th and it was now the 9th. He then got sick of me messaging him asking him for a deadline. So he refunded my $500.

Of course this may not seem to bad. But it was 6pm on a friday. Now paypal tells me the money will be held for 3 - 4 business days. So not only will i not be able to setup the servers till monday (everything is shut). I can't afford to pay until the following thursday.

So whats this mean? Because of emils blunders. I now have lost 3 of my 8 clients. They paid me around $800 for hosting a month.

Thanks a lot emil.
    SF Dedicated Servers / Co-Location / Transit
    Company: Intercage Inc. - Atrivo (Emil Kacperski)
    E-Mail: emil@intercage.com
    Phone: 925-550-3947 / ICQ: 23531098
      0 Not allowed!

Some people are just difficult... dont worry the rest of us still love u
    Ryan Dubois
    Director of Sales
    Hostbusters Web Solutions
    www.thehostbusters.com
      0 Not allowed!