Thread: What to choose?

Question

I've been thinking of starting out a new host as a reseller sometime soon, maybe November. I went through a few hosts, which include Ultraspeed and Veoweb. The problem I'm having now is that I'm not sure which host should I go with? Ultraspeed or Veoweb?

Both have their own advantages.

Veoweb - Alabanza-based host. Very promising server reliability. Good customer support. More advance reseller control panel than Ultraspeed's. Instant new account activation. Expensive bandwidth. Expensive subdomain. Don't support multiply ftp users. And so on.

Ultraspeed - VDI-based host. Promising server reliability. Excellent customer support. No reseller control panel available. New accounts must be ordered through the staff in the company which leads to no instant new account activation. Cheap bandwidth. Cheap(almost free) subdomain. Support some features that Alabanza don't. Easy to customize control panel. And so on.

Please give me your suggestions. I've been thinking about this for 2-3 days. Thank you.

Andrew Chen
    weishen@pl.jaring.my

Actually Alabanza does support multiple FTP users. There is a KB article on how to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying one is better than the other, I actually have a server with both (Alabanza and Ultraspeed).

For me, this would be a hard choice, I know Daniel and he is a great guy and their support is great. But Alabanza has great support to, but you wouldn't be dealing with them, you would be dealing with veoweb, which I've heard good things about.

Ok, maybe this is a worthless post, but either way you go, you'll be in good hands. Pick one of those two, don't go with another company. Unless it were me =)
    Life is Minimum live it Maximum.

Smile If I were you

Originally posted by Andrew Chen
    I've been thinking of starting out a new host as a reseller sometime soon, maybe November. I went through a few hosts, which include Ultraspeed and Veoweb. The problem I'm having now is that I'm not sure which host should I go with? Ultraspeed or Veoweb?

Both have their own advantages.

Veoweb - Alabanza-based host. Very promising server reliability. Good customer support. More advance reseller control panel than Ultraspeed's. Instant new account activation. Expensive bandwidth. Expensive subdomain. Don't support multiply ftp users. And so on.

Ultraspeed - VDI-based host. Promising server reliability. Excellent customer support. No reseller control panel available. New accounts must be ordered through the staff in the company which leads to no instant new account activation. Cheap bandwidth. Cheap(almost free) subdomain. Support some features that Alabanza don't. Easy to customize control panel. And so on.

Please give me your suggestions. I've been thinking about this for 2-3 days. Thank you.

Id do a forum search on each host ...I have personal experience with your first choice and all I can say is to do a search if youd like to talk to me about the host please email me ..Im not willing to air dirty laundry on the board

Dana

kian Guest

Talking

vdi just started allowing customers to provide reselling on there servers, so you can have a cpanel for reselling and doing stuff like adding domains.