MIneCraft Hosting - Is it a good market?

We are about to open a minecraft hosting company.
    We have done almost everything already now, Im interested if there is still money to be made. Is this a living market still?

We are running great Xenon servers, and will literally have lower prices then any other host we have checked.
    We know what were doing, and have been running servers and been with minecraft since it started.

So is this a market worth getting into?

Xenon servers?

Anyways, kind of a crowded market I'd say unless you're somewhere it isn't or can offer something special. Avoid racing everbody to the bottom - no point running a business with no profits.

That said I guess if you already have the kit it can't hurt to test the water.

Quote Originally Posted by streaky81 View Post
    Xenon servers?

Anyways, kind of a crowded market I'd say unless you're somewhere it isn't or can offer something special. Avoid racing everbody to the bottom - no point running a business with no profits.

That said I guess if you already have the kit it can't hurt to test the water.
    I mean't Xeon
    I can't believe i typed that!

Also, We have better prices then the competition.

My experience unfortunately is a lot of difficult customers and very low margins. I would advise against it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    My experience unfortunately is a lot of difficult customers and very low margins. I would advise against it.
    What's a better market?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrchasez View Post
    I mean't Xeon
    I can't believe i typed that!
    I figured you did

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    This is what I mean about the race to the bottom ^

What's a better market?
    Good question. I can only give this advice in public:
    "If the prime concern of the user in a market is the price, then it is likely not a good market to be in"
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Besides the facts that other members have made, like oversaturated niche, I'll give you one tip from my personal experience in game publishing. The hype will be be over sooner or later. It doesn't matter how popular Minecraft is today, it will come to a point that it will no longer be interesting to consumers, so the only question you should ask yourself "How much can your earn from this right here, right now".
    Managed1.com - Affordable budget Fully Managed Hosting Services for individuals and business clients. Website Hosting. Domain Name management. High Availability Cloud servers - 99.9% Uptime, Self-Healing Failover, Load Balancing and Mirrored Backups.
    Whisperdale.net - Internet Service Provider since 2007!

Provided you have good spec, minecraft hosting will kill your hardware very fast.
    There many player in Minecraft hosting, you may need time to expose yourself in many game forum to build up popularity.
    Otherwise, not easy for you to sustain or compete with other host.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Price isn't everything, and if you are going to start a race to the bottom, don't even get in the water.

My true feeling on your question, if you have to ask the question, you haven't done your research of the market fully.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Its not just that.
    We can provide what the best hosters can right now, just a better prices.

It's a very low margin market. It has enormous amount of interest though.

As others have said a very complicated market today,
    luck in your search
    Business in a Box & Adsense WebSites
    ---------------------------